With Ryzen being D.O.A

With Ryzen being D.O.A.

Why should I ever need to upgrade my 4790k anytime soon?

Benchmarks have so far been inconclusive. We have sources saying it's shit and others it's not shit.

Now we recently got pic related.

Frankly I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

You probably don't need to upgrade if you have to ask.

Or maybe you'll enjoy an upgrade to your SSD, but you might not need a CPU upgrade.

>Why should I ever need to upgrade my 4790k anytime soon?

That's your fault for not buying it early cuz it is the discontinued product.

I got 4770K for just $199

Don't upgrade unless you really need performance

And whatever you do definitely don't upgrade to a Ryzen, it's a disaster

So typical post (insert any intel/nvidia/amd) release, a total shitshow?

I'm thinking that, I checked out the 7700K but didn't see the upgrade v. worth pros of it, so I'll stick to my 4790k

I'm thinking holding out for the 1080ti or maybe investing in 32gb ram of actual brand name instead of whatever generic ones I'm running now are.

Would you have upgraded your 4790K for a 6900K? Then why did you expect to upgrade to Ryzen? It's almost as if you're shilling and don't care about upgrading.

Same $199

I thought about upgrading to ryzen, was looking forward to it if the results came back that if the improvement to it was worth the new mobo, ram, and cpu would cost.

So far I'm just watching the shitstorm

>So typical post (insert any intel/nvidia/amd) release, a total shitshow?
I'm not sure, intel could be manipulating benchmarks somehow like they have in the past.

Maybe X299 this summer will have the goods. Im on a 4770k bought at launch.. Never gotten this many years out of a piece of hardware.

You won't!

Seriously Ryzen 5 will be kickass for gaymen but you don't need to upgrade if that's all you do my nig nog

>Manipulating benchmarks

Yeah, AMD made sure that was built right into the AM4 motherboards now.

4790k brofist

Source?

>Day 1
>'Confirmed disaster'

Your shill is showing, jew. You know nothing of Ryzen other than the shill shekels intel is ramming up your asshole

for what ts worth i just overclocked my 3570k for the first time, if you have that chip you're probably better off than me, so I dont see why youd need to upgrade unless your chip isnt working properly. I dont really see any need to upgrade for at least a year probably and you're on newer architecture although perhaps you're playing a high resolution or have a high hz monitor?

OEMs build things into their benchmarks. High end Intel mobos have the same. You're kind of low on the IQ right?

Because the R7 wasn't targeting the 4c8t i7, it was targeting the overpriced 8c16t i7. There's more Ryzen CPUs coming.

You don't.

That is really fucking impressive considering the fact they got the freaking 7700K clocked at 5GHz.

is there really any reason to upgrade form haskwell?I mean it doesn't seem not much of a difference if OC'd

I was going to wait for the 1700 to fix their shit but my local retailer was selling a 7700k for less than that.
Since I will be doing mostly gaming and I don't want to mess around OCing a Ryzen I think I've made the right choice for the next 3 years(my usual new cpu cycle)

Is this benchmark real... sauce?

Which begs the question if there were any throttling issues on the benchmark.

My real look is with the benefit being multi-threaded performance, what the benchmarks of real-world game performance be while livestreaming in 1080p/60fps, I have yet to find reviews that focus on this aspect.

It sounds like there is a combination of motherboard issues (specifically RAM issues) and driver/compiler issues that stop Ryzen from performing well at the moment.

This may change soon but if you can't wait then 7700K is a good deal.

It's typical
>new arch is released and it only works half of the time