Rust

Why is this allowed?

Jesus Christ. Who would do this?

??????
?? ??
? ??? ???

tok

what editor you use for Rust?

Been using the Atom packages but are buggy as fuck.

Oh god its worse than Java

I'm seeing a lot Rust threads lately, what does it mean?

don't use rust dummy

I'm currently on chapter 9 of rustbyexample. And I'm really liking it.

Also the sjws seem to me like a minor nuance. They don't even code

why have i seen 5 rust threads already, all you need is C for embedded and OS shit and Rust for mobile and snything serious including security shit and Go for web

They run the language. Be very careful to never cross them if you care about your online reputation.

>using the only actually readable rust code

I don't like it, but this is essentialy just pattern matching. What's wrong with it?

What is all the punctuation supposed to mean? It's impossible to understand.

what a pity. I hope they get bored and leave like they usually do.

Where's the problem here?

Vim of course.

Maybe if you've literally never programmed in your life, because otherwise only the ! shouldn't be instantly trivially obvious, and the ! has legitimate reason for being and only retards would consider removing it.

>r***rds
Check your ableist privilege, normal scum.

>s**m
PREEEEEVILEGES

Aside from the inconsistent -> and => it's just like many functional programming languages (like Elixir, which has a very similar syntax). There's also a few range operators, but I don't see "all that punctuation".

You didn't post any code with the lifetimes bullshit and the unclean macros. Those are cancerous.

Baby Python developer's first compiled language.

The macros are taken straight from opendylan, I think they're the best hygienic solution for a statically-typed infix language, really. They're ugly for sure, but how can you do better?

Rust is almost good enough to take over C even in the embedded space. It's the only high-level language which is fast, has no GC, and has no runtime. It also has a reduced standard library to work in embedded environments.

I hope you're trolling

redox when

For IoT devices Rust could be a godsend, a lot of the stupid hacks that occur to them are because of buggy rushed C code.

Well, firstly, a lot of the stupid hacks that occur to them are because they're internet-connected.

What's wrong with that. I never learned Rust but I can read it.

>I'm a program
>I'll create a random token for you if you're admin.
>If you're not him/her, I won't do anything

>Hi, I'm a program too.
>Are you admin?
>Yes? Access granted here's your token.
>No? OMG You FREAK!!!

Here here. Network facing software is vulnerable no matter what language its stirred in. Rust would be just as insecure as C if people actually used it.

It would still be more secure, but since no program is perfect, the program would still have to be "eventually vulnerable". However I would still trust a claim that C software is, in probability, "permanently vulnerable".

C(ancer): Why this is allowed?

Desperate marketing campaign to keep an irrelevant language in the spotlight.

>I don't understand the printf function therefore C is cancer

Epic damage control.

C is Cancer

"C is a good language. Holy C is even better. It's divine intellect."

.t TAD

who?

newfag please gtfo

what are you on about?

In the embedded world it's either C for the things you don't give a fuck about, or ADA for safety.

Rust is for neither.

This is demonstrably false. There are multiple classes of attacks which are not possible against Rust code. This security mindset is terrible.

Yikes

>even in the embedded space
Multiplatform support is a must. Hobbyprojects like llvm still don't give a shit about mips or armv11 even if they are still used widely.

Iot issues won't be redeemed by rust thanks to open ports and weak passwords. Buffer overflow is mostly solved with snake oil like aslr and hardware issues still can't be solved with rust tools (the toolchain still weak for it).

ADTs and patter matching?

Fuck yes

Nobody uses C over C++ in the embedded space and rust is literally a better ada.

llvm supports x86_64, i386, arm, thumb, mips among others.

>not tier 1 support
>literally mozilla needed to give some support for arm because android target

The toolchain is still next to no.

>rust
>atom
how low can you go?

Embedded has changed meaning a lot over the years.
To me, embedded development is by nature hardware specific.
To others, it means all development on embedded systems.
In those cases, python is more popular than C for embedded systems.

But I don't personally think of applications on a embedded platform is the same as developing an embedded system.

i kind of get this, its just weak security isnt it