no

>P=NP
P equals 0
N equals whatever you want.

>i have no idea what p and np is

>i have no idea what p and np is
Typical Sup Forums and /sci/ thread

> P=NP
Well thanks. Now it is. You should should have used comparison operators instead of assignment.
You broke my cryptography algorithms.

kek

>i have no idea what a joke is
Thanks for showing us that you're a fucking aspie.

I proved it a while ago.

I left the proof in my pants pocket and then washed them. So now I can't read it and I forget

Can someone give me a basic gestalt/quick rundown on P=NP?
This definition sounds too simple.

NP problems are problems that can be solved in polynomial time by a Turing machine with stop property.
P problems are a subclass of NP problems, with an additional requirement of that Turing machine being deterministic.

You can think of a non-deterministic Turing machine as of a machine that can check all possibilities at once (a non-deterministic algorithm is usually an algorithm that picks the correct solution and verifies that it is indeed correct, so things that require exponential time on a deterministic Turing machine often can be solved linearly).

Without going into details, your computer is equivalent to a deterministic Turing machine, and there are problems, like the traveling salesman problem, for which we do not know any exact polynomial algorithm. If P=NP, it means that those problems can be solved in polynomial time. That's most likely false, though (according to most people, including me), but there's no complete proof yet.
If P!=NP, nothing changes, but if P=NP, that would make current (if not all) encryption algorithms much worse (maybe not useless, though, since a problem that requires n^100000 time is still polynomial).

So that's pretty much it.

I already solved this a long time ago.

Currently working on the P = BQP problem.

Get on my level.

P=PPAP

You sound like the kinda guy who's already solved the NA=P problem.

Did that yesterday.

do you mind if I save this picture?

who's stopping you?

P = NP
P - NP = 0
P (1 - N) = 0
P = 0 or N = 1

P = NP
P/P = NP/P
1 = N

P != NP

I've proved it, but the proof is too big for this post.

pastebin, no excuse

if you approach it that way, you only get 1 of 2 possible solutions. P = 0 is a missing solution, because when you divided by P you assumed it didn't equal 0, but it very well could. so you must acknowledge that in your solution.

many solution!

???