Which one are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID#EAX.3D7.2C_ECX.3D0:_Extended_Features
youtube.com/watch?v=04p_ryVM2ow
pcgamer.com/the-amd-ryzen-7-review/
youtu.be/04p_ryVM2ow?t=195
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ear to ear shit eating grin stage

BIOS updates are fun, you'd think v kiddies would know something about day one patches

TUMBLING DOWN

Why don't you post the 1080p combined results huh user?

>post 1080p results
>b-b-but those are gpu limited!
>post 720p results
>bbbb-bubub-b-b-bpfftttbftftututut

oops, wrong pic

>Still shilling the same single benchmark made by some fad beaner who loves AMD more than his Mexican mother while ignoring 40 different benchmarks made by 10 different reviewers that show how shit Ryzen is for gaming.

This got really sad and stale after you made 5th "it doesnt seem to be so bad for gaming right?" thread in a row. You're not tricking anyone.

It's a sign of things to come. Any competent reviewer like guru3d were looking at ryzen specs, the benchmarks and putting up a huge red flag. Most of the main review sites were simply using an outdated BIOS and didn't bother to update their review accordingly. Now fuck off intell shill.

Luckily I never bought into this crap, I have seen way too many AMD fail launches. Shit happens every single time.

>a bios update will improve performance by 20%

You are out of your mind.

Here are the real benchmarks not done by a guy who is literally selling AMD shirts.

The BIOS update is to fix a bug that results in the core going into low power mode and running around 2ghz. You can see it clearly in frametime graphs but I doubt you know what that even means.

>outdated bios
>newly released socket and motherboard
The fuck? In most cases new bios updates for motherboards may add compatibility for additional processors and fix some bugs but seldom do they result in large performance gains.

>twice the cores, literally twice the mt performance for the same price, very competitive st
>b-but muh 10% lower fps at 640x480, measly 150 fps instead of 170 ;_;
retarded gaymer kiddies

It is just this image that proves that there's a big potential for improvement via updates.
When the non-smt does better than the smt-benchmark it means there's something wrong with drivers.

He is in the bargaining stage of being an AMD shill.

What use are cores if you buy a CPU for gaming and are worse off with 8c16t than you'd be with a fucking 2c4t Pentium?

More that there is something wrong with shitty AMD architecture.

Go ahead and post some proof.

I'd like to see a benchmark from before and after the bios update.

>there's a big potential for improvement via updates

You're in the bargaining stage

Or games compiled with instruction sets where AMD isn't yet recognized correctly and used optimally.

In the future it will perform better than intel.

They also manage system settings, like memory timing and speed, etc. If you fuck those up (and that's a big IF), it's possible to impact performance.

>In the future it will perform better than x

It's like an AMD mantra that I've heard with every single release and which only checks out once every 5 years.

Sorry I don't make purchases based on promises and ifs.

It'll perform better in the future, just like Ryzen outperformed Intel's CPUs at launch. Oh wait.

You're retarded if you buy any Ryzen CPU for gaming. It's a decent deal if you stream, but then again if you're a streamer that also makes you a retard.

It's a good CPU for 1% of users. But obviously AMD shills will buy the underdog product since it's cute to cheerlead the special kids team.

err you can go to the mobo manufacturers website and read the bios patch notes

you're more out of your mind to post a pic showing a cpu with over 40% ipc performance with only 11 fps gains over fx and not thinking something else is fucked

>err you can go to the mobo manufacturers website and read the bios patch notes

Post a pic of it here. Does it say "20% performance improvement"

HAHAHAHAHA

It's just bullshit that AMD made up to justify the poor gaymen performance to their customers. They did the same thing with bulldozer, claiming that improved scheduling and BIOS updates would fix perf issues, in reality it changed nothing.

> just like Ryzen outperformed Intel's CPUs at launch.
Just like FX-8350 is working at 100% now, as well as the newest i5s.

Seriously I am so sick of this shit.

AMDtards will make up any excuse to hide the fact that AMD makes shit tier products.

This bench would be much easier to understand if they showed clocks.

40% more IPC doesn't mean jack if that 1700 is 1.5Ghz behind 8370.

so you don't have to shut down everything you're doing just to run a game smoothly everytime

>Or games compiled with instruction sets where AMD isn't yet recognized correctly and used optimally.

You can query which extensions a CPU implements already, there's no need for a patch to fix that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID#EAX.3D7.2C_ECX.3D0:_Extended_Features

no, no one in their right mind would consider any result showing fx on par with ryzen as anything but flawed as fuck. zen craps on fx and it's not even close.

You can buy the 7700K then for even bigger lead and still save some money.

Also, background software mainly eats RAM and won't affect FPS even on Pentium, unless you watch twitch with a browser. In that case, streamlink will work fine with minimal FPS hit.

well if it were true, which i haven't bothered to look but if a cpu suddenly lost 1ghz to power saving features, 20% loss in performance would not be surprising.

>11% difference at 1080p
like you are going to notice that difference in the real world. Nobody who can afford a $300-$500 CPU even uses 1080p anymore.

>if it were true

Too bad it's not, literally zero evidence

What the fuck is the point of that excuse? It performs worse and costs, but I'll buy it anyway since it doesn't matter?

The $340 Intel CPU is beating a $500 Ryzen CPU

>What is 1080p/144hz
>What is 1080p/240hz
>He doesn't understand the basic problem here and the fact that those results would look the same in 1440p with 1080 ti or future volta GPUs that will remove the GPU limitation from equation on higher resolutions.

I always thought it's the AMD's shtick of "buying currently inferior hardware and then enjoying the fine wine and superior frames few years down the road" lol. Suddenly you guys are very shortsighted, I hope it's not only because you try to defend your precious company.

because it is superior for many other things?

it's less than half the price of a 6900k for the same multicore performance and just as fast as the best Intel processors in games that are optimized.

Stop using badly optimized games as a CPU benchmark

I guess it's the perfect CPU for hardcore Cinebench enthusiasts.

Guess what, genius, 5GHz 7700K is better across the board, and matches it in price if you factor in the cost of a cooler.

>Buy AMD stock around half a year before next big product drops
>Sell just before product releases
>Stock price tanks once again as product fails to deliver
Has anyone done this?

"Optimization"

Yeah, when the chip doesn't perform, blame the software not the poor old CPU.

Some people just want consistent results for their money, instead of praying for "optimization".

> You can buy the 7700K then for even bigger lead and still save some money
uh, no, that's not how it works. a 4c/8t cpu is not gonna lead against an 8c/16t ryzen with a bunch of shit open.

> Also, background software mainly eats RAM and won't affect FPS even on Pentium, unless you watch twitch with a browser. In that case, streamlink will work fine with minimal FPS hit

No I'm sorry a pentium would die and you have no fucking clue what you're posting about. Those extra cores and threads means I can go into don't give a fuck mode while you scramble to close shit down before each session.

>badly optimized games

That's a bench mark of 14 different games. Are they all unoptimized? Is that the excuse you're going with now?

which motherboard? not like it would be hard to look up. tell me the name and i'll check.

I have no idea, some crazy guy is claiming a BIOS update will improve Ryzen performance by 20%

>quad core is better than an 8 core 'across the board'
how much are they paying you?

also, just because you don't do video editing or compile binaries as part of your job does not mean that everyone is as uneducated as you.

HAHAHAHA dumb/v/tards thread backfired lol

>quad core is better than an 8 core 'across the board'

It literally is in many cases. You know nothing about CPUs if you don't understand this.

when you defend modern video games on the basis of generally being high quality you will be wrong every time

You're on stage 2

Right, all 14 of the games tested were just so bad they couldn't handle the well-made Ryzen processor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>across the board
>many cases
nice backpedaling

Nice rationalizing

At my job I'm using WinRAR 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, many weeks a year. These gains in WinRAR will allow me to realize so much more productivity I can barely even think about the money I am going to make without cracking a big, wide smile.

Thank you based AMD. Through you and WinRAR enterprise edition I shall achieve things I dared not dream possible. The paradigm is shifting and these kids with their wound up riceburning 4 cores will soon realize how far the die has been cast. Just wait until they experience the real world, the world where WinRAR means something. Where time spent crunching big data means something. Where time saved is money earned.

Thank you based AMD.

while i am very sure that you have several honorary degrees in computer engineering, i question how you figure 1ghz will make more of an impact than having twice the fucking cpu
whatever, i'm sure your overclocks make panties drop.

You're using the unregistered version still aren't you pajeet.

>once again defending the optimization of modern video games
tell them again how concurrency is useless, goy

>buy a CPU for gaming
there's your problem

>having twice the fucking cpu

You seriously have no idea what cores do

>Gaming performance
>3 fps behind in Civ 6
>113% of 6950X

Really makes me think...

>b-but Steve from gamersnexus told me AMD rigs the benches
>Steve:
youtube.com/watch?v=04p_ryVM2ow
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH Steve why did you BTFOed your Sup Forumstard orbiters!

Sorry I forgot in AMDtard land, nobody uses their CPU for gaming

and yet you feel no need to correct me
i am humbled simply by your reply, i now understand that the amount of fucking instructions that can be run simultaneously means nothing

I love how you keep posting this fat beaner as damage control even though he is the only person that shows Ryzen performing good in vidya even though he is a nobody that never even been mentioned before on Sup Forums. He is one of the most awful AMD shills in existence with AMD shirts, video responses to anyone who opposes AMD and all that autism shtick.

Congrats, you're retarded

thank you for answering my accusation so eloquently, your majesty.

Now, now, look who's mad. Not good for your health. Here take this and install Sup Forumsentoo.

>Gets within 5-10% of lead processor like we said it would
>Hahaha AMD is bankrupt and finished
What's amazing is Ryzen is actually BEATING most of intel's processors in these applications that aren't even optimised for it already.

Once they're optimised and optimised drivers come out, Intel is going to start shitting the bed.

I love how intel shills will always use benchmarks with BIOS bugs. The processor wasn't running at full speed here.

>RX480 now outperforms the GTX1060 in most modern titles.

This is Sup Forums. People pretend to be in in a production environment but that's about it. All people really care about is Vidya.

You literally made that up.

Read the review: pcgamer.com/the-amd-ryzen-7-review/

No BIOS bug, running at full speed.

>Which one are you?
Not depression.

i do

It's perfectly fine for games, there's absolutely no difference in a typical gaming scenario. If you *only* play games only then it's not worth it, learn to read you fucking retard.

>It's perfectly fine for games

Paying $160 more for a worse performing processor is totally fine in AMDtard land.

Nice crying.

>IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

1/21/15
Never forget

What cooler are you using to hit 5Ghz on the 7700k?

Don't be stupid and lie to me about some cheap 212.

WRONG
youtu.be/04p_ryVM2ow?t=195

>pcgamer
Literally shills from gamergate

Go ahead, prove that PC Gamer has a BIOS bug and isn't running at full speed

Feel free to read through their whole review

I'll be waiting

not him but from the pcgamer article

>But the losses are actually a bit odd. To be frank, Ryzen and the AM4 platform feel a bit undercooked right now. The Asus motherboard I used for testing originally shipped with a BIOS that didn't perform all that well (scores were slower than what AMD had demonstrated at the Ryzen event), and an updated BIOS improved things by around 10 percent. That's a huge gain from a firmware upgrade, especially for a platform that's about ready to ship, but I have to wonder if there's room for further improvements.

the consensus seems to emphatically be that the hardware is crazy good and the numbers don't add up.

Ryzen is better for rendering but shit for gaming.

If you think anything other than this you are in denial.

You realize you just disproved his point

It was already running an updated BIOS

>"...but I have to wonder if there's room for further improvements."
WOW, ITS ALMOST LIKE YOU CAN'T READ

Have we seen a fullt functional Ryzen? Yes or no?

It seems that you're the one that can't read. Go ahead and explain how that proves this

Ryzen is in a perpetual development stage.

I estimate AMD will finish working on it in about 5 years, then it will surely BTFO Intel.

Until then, we wait.

Remember when people said that it was because Bulldozer was new architecture and undeveloped BIOS that were the cause of lower performance?

I do, it is the same shit all over again. What you see now is what you get.

You really should read the article instead of shitposting

>Right now, I've been able to retest only one of the three Ryzen CPUs in gaming, so consider this a preview of what's to come, and I'll finish testing the other CPUs (and overclocked gaming results) next week

Yes

Why are you so full of shit?

>That's a huge gain from a firmware upgrade, especially for a platform that's about ready to ship, but I have to wonder if there's room for further improvements.

A 10% performance jump with one BIOS update, with possibly more.

It doesn't prove that
How would that one statement alone prove that a bios bug still exists :^)

But you have got to agree, a 10% increase from one BIOS update is crazy.

Jesus christ you are retarded

Read the article yourself

That's referring to SMT, not the BIOS

>possibly
We need to have a discussion about fact and opinion.