Does mega.nz actually work?

Does mega.nz actually work?

yes

yeah, i've been archiving fangames before they get dcma'd, and creepypastas from /x/ on there.

They've even got a decent client for linux.

owned by nz government and disavowed by kimdotcom, it's a honeypot

>In July 2015, Dotcom said he doesn't trust Mega service in a Q&A session with tech website Slashdot, claims the company had "suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud" and that the New Zealand government seized this investor's shares and now has control of the site. Dotcom encouraged readers not to use it and that he plans to set up a completely open source nonprofit competitor. Dotcom announced on his Twitter account that he plans to release a detailed breakdown of Mega's status.[30][31][32] Mega responded that the authorities have not opposed or interfered with any of Mega’s operations.[33]

That being said, I use it. I don't have an account or anything but it's one of the best free DDL options out there.

> extradition proceedings finally got underway in an Auckland court on 21 September 2015. Because of his size and weight, Dotcom was allowed to have an ergonomic, specially designed chair brought into the courtroom.[97]
kek

Yeah. I use a private site that only links to Mega and I've never had a problem.

Using it for years, never had a single problem.

>fat megaupload man plans to start a new company
>started a crowdfunding for it
>asks for more cash than my country spent on building a 15km metro line

This shit always says my ip downloaded too much. And a lot of times the content is not mirrored so i'm fucked

>and that he plans to set up a completely open source nonprofit competitor
Where is it kim?

I use it to share pirated movies, music and games between my brother and I.

They'll only flag your account if they see a lot of people downloading your files. Like from Sup Forums share threads. Even then they won't prosecute unless you live in the USA or UK.

Yes, I store ISO's there including all of Windows since Microsoft removed Windows 7 download links.

It's really shit. When I download a bunch of files zipped, it often gets stuck, and I have to wait for it to get unstuck, not to mention that when it reaches 100%, I have to wait like half an hour for the download window to appear for some reason. Ultimately it did work, but it was a really shitty user experience. I was downloading 5 gigabytes of music fyi.

MegaSych just fucking freezes for me.

Yes, 50GB free is great for sharing stuff that can't be emailed or takes up too much space in jewbox. Speeds are always good, never had an issue with Mega myself

Yup but it has some nasty traffic limitations.
You pay to get 4TB of storage and 8TB of traffic meaning you upload 4TB and only one person can download BUT YOU PAY 30 euro/month, makes amazon cloud look pretty damn good!

I thought it was owned by a chink

Yes, works really good, although the web app sometimes crashes on *fox based browsers.

One of them shitty warez sites.

Imma need that iso, pretty please

>They'll only flag your account if they see a lot of people downloading your files.
Wrong.
They'll flag if it gets reported. Crawlers pick links automatically so if they are on popular sites that allow spiders and crawlers then it will get flagged /reported automatically in bulk.

36TB from yunpan 360, the company that makes the 360 antivirus.

Hahaha, Mega got C H I N K E D

Nope.

>need elaborate workarounds to get it, especially if you're not chinese
>even if it works you're stuck with chink speeds and chink tier service

well the speeds are like this:
100-200KB/s upload
1MB/s download

anyone using megadownloader? You can download with it as much you want without any limitations from free accounts.

link pls, delet it after

report literally anything uploaded, it will get taken down