What happens if the terrorists figure out CRISPR?

What happens if the terrorists figure out CRISPR?

Other urls found in this thread:

genocideman.com/?p=40
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tf is that

Nothing. It's not worth the bother when other much more terrifying avenues are available. Plus there isn't much to "figure out" anyway. Awful people already attend universities.

/sci/tpost

What "figure out"? It's all public knowledge.

Besides, if they wanted to do something biological they could just spray some adenovirus everywhere.

>CRISPR
>palindromic
>acronym isn't palindromic
wew lame

Someone who knows what they are talking about please answer this question.

Exactly how hard is it to use this to make say a super-flu which spreads sickle-cell?

>Exactly how hard is it to use this to make say a super-flu which spreads sickle-cell?
Flood niggers all over earth and make race mixing propaganda

are you actually knowing what you talk about ?
CRISPR-cas9 is a new way to make genetical modification for a cheaper cost and it is very reliable and precise. That's it. What do you think they can do with it ?

What happens if Nigeria figures out nuclear fusion

Am i being retarded in asking this or is it possible now?

hardmode: how hard is it to make a super gene virus bug that targets people who are more susceptible to sickle cell?

asking for a friend

It is probably actually possible. Combining our actual typical (yearly) flu that spread very easily but doesn't kill shit and the spanish flu (1914) that was the most lethal of all.
But the fact is that nobody has acces to the spanish flu sequence. So you just can't.

>
>are you actually knowing what you talk about ?
>CRISPR-cas9 is a new way to make genetical modification for a cheaper cost and it is very reliable and precise. That's it. What do you think they can do with it ?
Nothing. Manufacturing and molding a deadly virus to effect living organisms is much much much harder then you realize.

If something were to come it would be state sponsored bioweapons research. If ISIS had a few to researchers they could mutate a bacteria to kill crops, even that isn't simple.

But with this can't we just create whatever we want? (For example replicating the spanish flu virus) or is that not available yet

yeah that was my point, I just can't express myself very well lel

You can't replicate it if you don't know it's genome ?
It's like trying to write the hash I'm thinking of without you knowing what I'm thinking about, no way you will be right

Zimbabwe

Can you rewrite microsoft word by memory

>It's like trying to write the hash I'm thinking of without you knowing what I'm thinking about, no way you will be right
I'm not saying the EXACT same virus strain, just a vaguely simular one with the same effects

It's impossible to create an organism genetically, from scratch, period.

We don't even fully know the function of every region of DNA in genomes.

The most we can do is recombine genes or DNA sequences in already existing genomes.

It would be less expensive/easy to force bacteria mutations using antibiotics on prisoners, and then weaponize that.

>force bacteria mutations
I suppose you mean infect prisoners with bacteria, administer antibiotics until you find a bacteria strain that is resistant, isolate it, multiply it, and weaponize it.

Perhaps repeat the process on the same isolated strain to see if it contains any more antibiotics resistance genes.

Or just insert a plasmid that contains multiple major antibiotics resistance genes into a bacterium and multiply that strain.

>It's impossible to create an organism genetically, from scratch, period.
Well, now it is

This scenario:
genocideman.com/?p=40

But for real now, see

A wholly genetically synthetic organism is currently impossible.

You can only recombine existing genomes with foreign genes or, at most, arbitrary DNA sequences.

We can't "write" genetic code, base for base, into a living organism, even as complex as a bacterium.

I mean, for now it is impossible, in the future it probably won't be

I am erect, how many years you think until i can grow little humans the size of coins

Indeed, yet we are still far off.

vaguely and biology doesn't match :p

> :p
>chan
Get out.

Leave him alone m8

Why bother with all of this? Anthrax and cholera are already things.

Agreed, I was only entertaining user's suggestion.

isn't Sup Forums supposed to be full of shitty people or am I just browsing too much Sup Forums

Kill yourself, shit stain.

How will they figure out DNA when they can't even figure out how to shave and shower?

very hard. you'd have to target and infect all of their marrow stem cells without also killing them AND successfully edit both copies of the gene. not going to happen.

There's literally only thing stopping someone from creating a gene bomb using CRISPR-CAS 9 and GeneDrive. The only people capable of making such a weapon don't want to. To be able to understand the mechanics of designing a weapon like a gene bomb, renders one physiologically incapable of making and using it.

We can only hope that the process is never dumbed down to the level that madmen can weaponize it.

it takes a lot of time and effort to actually manufacture a genetic weapon of any sort. not to mention you need to test it out and produce it.

maybe in 30 years when molecular biology becomes much more accessible for smaller labs this will be an issue. right now only big corps and big governments can afford anything close to this and it's pretty much impossible for them to completely hide their activities (from each other, not from the public).

So yay or nay to OP?

Then they could do something terrifying like making a fish bigger with more ease than just interbreeding.

Seriously, the expertise and sheer cost required to make serious modifications to the point of creating a whole new weaponized organism is insane. Only highly educated organizations backed by like G8 countries (or mega-corps) can get the funding and manpower to do this.

Terrorists aren't going to be able to do shit with something CRSIPR-cas9

We literally just fucking did it.
We've encoded entire short films in to DNA that replicates and preserves the media over several generations.

We've also created entirely synthetic base pairs not found in nature because they are of too high an energy to ever evolve on this planet due to life favouring lowest energy usage. (hell, physics in general)

>We literally just fucking did it.

Proof?

they dont even have airplanes, they have to hijack them

15 years from that day they will have suicide bombers who can spontaneously combust thus eliminating the need for incendiary starters and making it possible to take down a plane with just a human body. that will be a sad day, a sad day indeed. ):

crispr is inefficient for biological terrorism. just cloning a powerful strain of a deadly virus way easier.

biological warfare is so cold war era anyways.

You'll get CRISPY.

kek