Tfw i have to make a cat6 cable on a test and i have like 2 minutes to do it

>tfw i have to make a cat6 cable on a test and i have like 2 minutes to do it.

How the fuck am i supposed to fucking achieve this. There are people in my class who can't do one in one hour, me myself i am not very fast too. Is there some secret technique or something?

>buy premade
>smuggle it in
>????
>PROFIT!

>Have to make a cat cable

Crimping the connectors literally takes 10s
How does this take more than a single minute...

Drop the class

Taking off the isolation is already like 10 sec you autist. Then you have to unfuck them up put them into the right order stack them together and then put them in the rj45.

Please show me someone doing it in 10 sec

Wait do you have to crimp on a male connector, and are you allowed to use any tools you want? Because fuck doing male connectors, I just terminate with a female jack and use a patch cable.

We can only use pic related

rest in shit

Practice makes perfect, it's just fiddly as shit getting all the wires in a row.

But like others have said, you rarely need to do this in real world so don;t worry about it too much.

that's exactly what i use and it takes a few minutes since i have to look at the order of the wires from monoprice guide every 5 seconds. it's not difficult

You have to be 18 to post here

i literally only use these at work. Stop being a pussy and do it, fag

OP you can't be this dumb. Why are you doing a network class if you can't even crimp a CAT cable.

Its about 3 mins work.

2017 will always be the year i remember as everyone a round me getting dumber

>whys my connection is drop
>whys mu packet retransmiting
enjoy ur homebrew cables

>i have to make a cat6 cable
you dont even understand what you have to do. Why are you even there.

I do this at home often and I'm an art student, is not rocket science, just put the contacts in the same order on both sides and crimp the connector

I could do it in one minute.

Yeah it's on YouTube

he has to make the cable not crimp it

this is actually the easiest thing. Fuck man I miss being in high school.

Not be an autist.

It takes less than 2 minutes to strip, cut and crimp CAT6.

It's literally the same as CAT5, you just have the separator, which you cut, and the shielding, which you can peel off.

Literally the same pair I used to rewire a comm closet before.

You don't need good crimpers, just get yourself a knife to strip the cable and have a screwdriver handy and some spare razor blades cause those things break all the time.

op are you an autist?

Crimper reporting in

Holy shit I was wondering what OP was talking about. I thought he has to literally make a brand new cable, not install the ends.

OP, just drop the class. You're too retarded and I don't want you anywhere near my networking equipment.

Its faster if you pull back a lot of the jacket and then strip a lot off. It easier to straighten them and get them in order. Then trim off the excess copper and crimp it.

>cut away protections to expose ~20-30mm wire
>straighten wires a bit
>sort them
>bend sorted wires back and forward so they more easily stay in line as you insert them into the connector
>trim excess wire so they're equal-length and just long enough that the shield is pinched inside the connector
>insert into connector, check that all wires reach the end before crimping
>use crimping tool to complete the process

that's what i do, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes with some practice

Just buy same cable and practice, you dip shit. Things involving your hands take practice.

Strip shielding, strip wires, crimp, really isn't that hard user

>Being this inept
bwhahahahahaha

I'm gaymur trash and even I could pass this test

I hope you fail the class you uncoordinated piece of garbage

>can only use
>literally the only tool you need

>not knowing how to roll out copper wires from smelting ore in under 2 mins
no wonder we keep importing pajeets

What kind of class is this? No one makes their own patch cables. You run bulk wire to a punch down block or a surface mount jack, then use premade patch cables to your devices on each end.

If you want a clean and organized setup then you will need to do at least one end yourself.

lol at first i was like shit you have to make the whole fucking cable. rip. but then i realized you just have to crimp on a male connector 2ezpz

Lmfao what kind of shit job do you have where you're crimping cables

I have done tens of thousands of fucking crimp ends.
It's fucking easy as dicks, I can literally bust an end out in about 30 seconds if I wanted to.

1 minute per end is right about as fast as you want to go to ensure the twisted pairs are maintained as much as possible and that it's going to not fail on you.

>Rj45
Call it 8p8c reeee

Also op you have downs syndrome, anyone here can crimp a fucking cable, it's not difficult in the slightest.

I can't, I'm colorbind and I'd prefer if you didn't include me in your blanket statements.

I have faith you can still figure it out faster than op

Even if you are color blind, like I am, you should be able to do it properly.

>No one makes their own patch cables.
That is not true at all, if you're installing ethernet cable in a factory production environment you run that shit to be exactly as long as you need it to be and no longer. It's normally not feasible to order exact lengths of cable, so you just buy a spool and get to crimping.

It's not hard at all and it's fucking dumb that you are being timed on this at all, though the fact that there are people in OP's class that can't do it in an hour is worrying.

It helps to have slightly longer-than-usual fingernails to help manipulate the wires. It is definitely possible to do it in 2 minutes if you practice a bit.

I've been making cat cables for years. The method is easy to remember and it's pretty hard to screw up. That being said, there's NO possible way I could do it in 2 minutes. Even with higher grade or cheaper grade wires, it's too difficult to unsleeve, untwist, straighten, cut, insert and crimp in such a little time. Straightening the wires can take 2-5 minutes alone. Everything else is only a couple seconds at best. But no class should have you training Ethernet triathlons. What the fuck.

>Straightening the wires can take 2-5 minutes alone.
Did you suffer an accident or were you born retarded?

Immediate bait.

I figured out that it's simply not putting solid color and striped color together.

you begin with orange or green pair, two first, white-stripped as 1, solid color as 2.

then you pick the other pair and separate.

pick striped color and put as 3. put blue or maroon pair as 4 and 5, 4 solid, 5 stripped. pinch the white-striped wire you separated to 6 and finish with the remaining pair, 7 solid and 8 stripped.

straighten them, cut and push in the RJ45/8p8c.

done. you got a nice T568A or T568B tip.

if you get solid with solid or striped with striped you did wrong. it's really simple.

oh fuck messed up in 6, should be solid then stripped then solid. but you got the idea.

really not a freaking big deal

>Straightening the wires can take 2-5 minutes alone.

Insert a small screwdriver into the twist and pull out. repeat 3 more times. You will have untwisted and straightened 4 pairs of wires in 4 seconds.

t. network installer

When you get your first job use the A standard and don't tell anyone. Trust me you will be the king of the office, the boss on the site!

>8p8c

Uh sorry, never used or heard that term. Been using "4 twisted pair" for a decade+ now. 8p8c ? 8 pajeets 8 chinks ?

check'd

>tfw taking 10+ minutes to make a cable because of shitty hand tremors

WTF OP ?
you're a piece of shit, i learned how to do it myself watching youtube video and reading a few articles about it. The first time it took me like 10 minutes on each side. Now i can easily do it in liek 3-5 minutes.

if you want my method :
>cut the cable
>trim the wires about 2 cm from the cable.
>untangle and arrange according to your favourite standard.
>flat them out and make sure they're about the same lenght. I recommend using your index and thumb as a press while pulling the cable/wires to straight them with the other hand, also use gloves.
>insert the wires into the RJ45, it will probably be too long but that's allright, you want to know how deep it goes.
>make sure all 8 wires go in all the way and evenly.
>calculate how much wire you will need to cut
>take wires out, cut about half the distance you calcutated.
>re straight the wires
>re introduce and repeat until the wires are just as long as needed.
>insert wires into RJ45, make sure it's all the way in from all 4 sides and the protective shielding is on the 'bitten' position.
>use crimping tool 2x.

Also, if you have Cat5 i'll recommend practicing with that first since the divisor in the middle of hte Cat6 can be a little hard to work with if you have no experience.

>>insert the wires into the RJ45, it will probably be too long but that's allright, you want to know how deep it goes.
>>make sure all 8 wires go in all the way and evenly.
>>calculate how much wire you will need to cut
>>take wires out, cut about half the distance you calcutated.
i just do that by eye

I'm pretty sure network hardware since the 2000's can figure out which cable is which and automatically switch the signals around as necessary.

If you can't do it, maybe it is the wrong job for you.

Make sure to post about it instead of practicing.

Wrong.

>ITT faggot ass homos pretending they know everything when in reality is if they were all in op's shoes they'd be just as nervous
just kill urselves, none of you can help for shit

It doesn't matter so long as both ends are the same. You could use any arbitrary layout of colors you want so long as both ends match.

The only problem would be if/when someone needs to reterminate one of the cables and doesn't know or see what scheme you used.

protip: The part of the jacket that you strip off makes a handy tool for untwisting the wire pairs. Just separate the tips of a wire pair and slide the removed portion of the jacket down one of the wires. Repeat until they're all separated. It saves a little time.

I find that tightly gripping the wires (not a death grip though) and kind of wiggling them back and forth from the base of the jacket to the end helps to get the kinks from the twists out. You don't have to do them one at a time.

Don't overthink it. It gets really easy with practice.

are you making a Cat 6a cable as pictured with individually wrapped pares or just a normal cat 5 cable because theres a huge fucking difference CAT 6 needs a high quality connector and needs to maintain the twists and jacket right into the end connector

Cat 5 is like slap that shit out with the stripper straiten it Ow-O-Gw-B-Bw-G-Brw-Br cut it and crimp it.

I am assuming for a class its cat 5 literately just make like 10 terminations as practice I can do both ends of a cable in about minute chinks that build those cables probably do it in 20 seconds or less

8position 8connector. It's used more regarding telephony, but it's another term for the rj45 leads

Lel, too easy, try doing it with an unsharpened knife and your teeth

>buy crimp tool, connectors and 20ft of wire
>crimp both ends, test, cut 1 side, do it again, test
>do it 50 times
itll take you one afternoon 2 hours max to learn forever
GIT GUD

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
TROW DAT SHIT AWAY
BUY A REAL CRIMPER

no you just cut them and leave about half an inch and jam them in with the shielding to be grabbed by the lock

that's what i'm saying

if i made them often i'd probably get a feel for where to cut without checking, but i don't make them often, so i hold the wires next to a connector to see where i should cut

??????????????????
How can this even take more than 5 minutes?
When you mentioned an hour I was thinking what the fuck do they use their teeth or what
Our network comm class is hanled by Cisco, and that was also the only thing they made us use.