Name a better 13" laptop

name a better 13" laptop

(protip: you can't)

>actually only 12"
>comfy keyboard
>ports galore
>nice battery life
>good-looking screen and design

came across this gem used for £400, what a fucking steal, like new with a 6500U and 8GB memory, never used a Lenovo machine before but man am I liking it. Running Arch and literally run into no firmware issues so far, which is more than I can say for the Asus laptops I've owned in the past.

ITT: why you love your laptop

>chiclet keyboard
>disgusting key layout
>U processor
lmao

x220fag here, i love my x220, but i can tell you right now this thing blows my shit out of the water completely

I will admit that I don't like the position of the function key, but apart from that the key layout is fine

what are you, an amerifag?

>implying U processors aren't the absolute standard among similar machines
>implying there's not a good reason for that fact

the x220 is a gem as well, but seriously if you can find an x260 it's something special. Shows what can be accomplished in usability when the company isn't obsessed with "LOOK HOW THIN AND LIGHT OUR SHIT IS WE CAN BE LIKE APPLE TOO"

chicklet keyboard sucks, thanks apple! Sticking with my t61 until t92 comes out

How the fuck are you manlets ok with a 12 inch screen?

>>chiclet keyboard

What's with this meme? The chiclet keyboard is better than the old one. Can you actually explain why you don't like it? Also I see nothing wrong with the layout.

good point senpai

lemme sell my nice, portable x220 for a 17" gaymen™ machine to spank it in grandma's basement at 3am after i get off from the job i dont have

Washed out 1366 x 768 panel
nice screen amiright? :DDD

TP13 is actually pretty nice, the silver one have aluminim lid.

Chiclet keyboards are fucking awful to type on but this shit is subjective anyway so no point in arguing.

The layout is fucking stupid, compare it to a functional layout like the keyboards on the T60 or the T420.

it isn't comfortable to type with it. there's a reason why chichlet keyboards are famous on laptops and not desktops, it's more portable, at the cost of comfiness
t. 2008 idepad and 2014 chichlet samsung user

the point is that compared to literally every other laptop I've ever used, the X260's is the most comfortable. As comfortable as a decent desktop keyboard? Obviously not, but nobody expects that. Especially on a super-portable machine.

The complaint is idiotic because it implies there are better alternatives in similar products, which is plainly untrue.

i don't know user, maybe it's subjective
pic related is more comfortable than my chichlet samsung laptop, but as i say again, it's subjective, so saying "chichlet keyboard is better than the old one" is kind of idiotic

>low quality creaky plastic construction that'll have your palm rest gossy in under 6 months
>keyboard flex
>shatte display
>proprietary power connector forcing you to buy Lenovo ™ ® chargers only

The MacBook Pro 13" does not have these problems.

I never once said that the chiclet keyboard is better; I accept that it's obviously NOT better. your pic related would be MUCH more comfortable than my X260 but it wouldn't be able to drive my daily workload. All the laptops on the market that are both portable and powerful to today's standards are chiclet.

If Lenovo ever releases their "retro thinkpad" they were talking about in 2015, that'll change.

>plastic that so far is pristine and makes it not cost a retarded amount
>literally no keyboard flex; I think you're projecting
>no fingerprints, no reflection, and again, cheaper
>power connector that's incredibly small and light and costs under £10 to replace compared to apple's £48

I have no idea what you're smoking user.

you never said they're better? i thought
was you
i said literally the same thing on
, they're portable, at the cost of comfiness

i don't have any idea why are we arguing and what we are defending now

>Fn outermost

Ew no thank you fag

vaio z

Is that the X250 user?
Bought mine this week for 290 pounds sterling.
Fucking psyched. Should arrive Monday.

>x220fag here, i love my x220, but i can tell you right now this thing blows my shit out of the water completely

That can be swapped over in the BIOS user.

Friends, I'm getting a free 2012 rMBP. Should I sell it and get an X270 instead? Spend more muniez and get the new X1C? Should I fix my broken T60p?

>86% off
HOLY SHIT GO GOG GO GOGO !!!!

keep the mac or get the x1c

X260, not 250.

No, boot camp and/or VM Windows on the MBP, then you have Windows and can still do iOS/macOS dev. MBPs have very solid hardware.

Also, if someone is giving it to you, selling it and buying something else is kind of a dick move.

>Chiclect nu-thinkmeme keyboard
Into the trash

Then change it. You can swap the control key with the function key in the bios

I dumped Windows years ago. Also recently dumped 10.11 on my MBA. I much prefer TempleOS. While I agree with your last statement, this person doesn't care and would probably be interested in seeing something new other than a macbook.

I already did this, but I still wish it were the other way around to begin with. Part of me hates that the keys are now mislabeled; I've considered trying to mod it to fix that.

Find a used X260; the X270 is worse because it has fewer USB ports and slightly worse battery life.