Windows 10 UI is fucking garbage

Why does Windows 10 UI look like something that a teenager threw up together in Powerpoint or Visio in 20 minutes? it looks downright childish.

What were they thinking???

Microsoft lost their source code years ago and are just copy/pasting .dlls now.

because the UI for windows 8+ is actually designed in powerpoint. that's why it's all flat.

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Because that's probably exactly what they did.

Life must be so lucrative to literally discuss nothingness.

Apple makes macOS because they like making Operating Systems.

Pejets make Windows so they can make money.

It shows in the product. You wouldn't cheap out on not matching colors in your own house, but if it was a rental you would.

>Microsoft lost their source code years ago and are just copy/pasting .dlls now.
kek'd hard

wow this is really bad

>inb4 no need for a universal design language

cmon msoft

>mactoddler calling any other UI childish

Really activates my almonds.

They are now working at a new UI, which hopefully will repair things like your pic.

i believe it

>UI is fucked
>privacy is fucked
>updates are fucked
There's no reason to use Windows 10. Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE,
, or even Mac OS X are much better for work and shitposting. They are professional operating systems that don't include adds and candy crush installed by default. Microsoft needs to die.

Huh... it all makes sense now.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

found the designer for Windows

>Apple makes macOS because they like making Operating Systems.
Really makes me think.
B-but doesn't it mean Linux (which is actually GNU + Linux) is better then Windows hypothetically?

I've used it for a few years now and I'm starting to take it for granted. I watched a student in my program (engineering) try to compile a C program on Windows today. He had absolutely no idea what to do and ended up installing Visual Studio. He couldn't even get that to work. He downloaded Visual C++ after clicking through a hundred menus to get an education license and still couldn't get it to work. Someone else recommended some port of GCC and he was finally able to run the program after about forty-five minutes. At that point, it's easier just to use a virtual machine with some Linux or Unix variant.

I've never looked back.

>this extremely specific scenario with a single person in a college course is why you need to use a different operating system

OK

It's just an example. We write a lot of programs, though, so it's a noteworthy example. Some things are definitely harder than I would like, but I find I would rather solve problems on my own and understand them fully than rely on the work of others to get by. Every time I have to use Windows (mostly for exams), I'm reminded of why I switched. There's no consistency. There are flashing buttons in the menu bar and pop-ups that come and go at unpredictable and inconvenient times like the middle of a presentation. I looked through the settings and saw that Microsoft tries to get you to use Edge by claiming it's faster than other browsers if you set a different one to be the default. I was tired of seeing advertisements in the menu and relying on Microsoft products for something as mundane as the weather. I was sick of settings that seemingly changed their value after it was modified. I didn't want my computer to update itself when I needed it out of the way (start-up and shut-down). I wanted an easy way to install software that met its dependencies automatically. I didn't want the bloated software that comes installed on consumer-grade electronics. I was tired of seeing other people with messages demanding they upgrade their anti-virus software plastered to their screens.

It's personal preference, but I don't think I could ever change. Everything works on modern Linux distributions and tends to stay out of your way.

>macos desktop market share: 5%
>linux desktop market share: 1.01%

Literally nobody cares about what you think. You're fighting over a dying market in which your preferred system is insignificant.

>Windows 10
Only gamers are affected

shouldn't you be leveling up for that new pink hat in TF2 instead of posting on here?

It's really true. Windows 3.11 looked better than this.

It's true that Windows is really terrible for development once you are out of Visual Studio. Why do you think they added a whole Linux-compatible subsystem?

Wow its almost as if, wait if I really think this through, nah it couldn't be that it's just...

BUILT FOR TOUCH

nobody uses touchscreens on PC, Microsoft rep-san
even on laptops it's a gimmick

I have tablet with win10, you are full of shit, win10 is great for touch.

and shit for everything else, which is 99% of use cases

>BUILT FOR TOUCH
what exactly in that UI is built for touch?

>desktop GUI is so archaic it can't be made responsive
Really pushed new events into my message loop.

kek. some ppl are just stupid. ignore them.

Nah, it's still a real problem.
You can't magically make a UI that is useful on tablets and on the computer at the same time.
But you CAN make two UI's that are basically identical and modern desktop environments should definitely be able to switch between them, even on the fly.
On Linux people doesn't even try because most developers do stuff primarily for themselves, thus for keyboard and mouse.
On Windows it's just that the UI is a spaghetti moster of ancient and modern code which bad programmers can't understand and good programmers know they don't get paid enough to even touch it.

What? Minus the background, this looks nice. Unlike Windows.

>saves screen real estate while maintaining legibility and making icons easy to click when they're actually needed
I don't see whats wrong with that

you know this is fake right

proof?

My university forced me to use Linux too. Guy should've just enabled Hyper-V and made a couple Linux VMs.

What annoys me is the random UI inconsistencies.

Like - random old style settings windows will appear, rather than just one uniform design.

It's fucking pleb tier, and makes you realise this is almost certainly true -

I wish they'd just rebuild windows from scratch
it's such a mess at this point it's not even funny anymore

fuck off shill

each team at MS has a different UI guide.