I thought AMD was finished and bankrupt?

I thought AMD was finished and bankrupt?

You're on the wrong board
Sup Forums only plays at 800x600

>7700k
>only 10 frames above an 8350

Holy fuck people still give them money?

those mins tho

It doesn't matter when the game stutters like a mess

>mins and maxes higher
>avg lower

Wut...

>800x600

Goy please, only QVGA or lower

>DDR4 3200 vs DDR4 2400

I swear to god people can't benchmark for shit.

No wonder not a single day one review got similar results.

It's definitely not as bad as it first seemed when the NDA was lifted. 1080p is starting to get dated for high end hardware users and on higher resolutions with more of a GPU botttleneck ryzen seems to pull ahead, sometimes. The 7700k would be a great buy at 6 cores with incoming games supporting more and more threads.
Intlel turbofancucks just wait for consumer 6cores in 2018 to avoid getting tricked into obsolete 4 cores. Anyone upgrading from sandybridge to babbylake should be shot immediately.

its because dice actually employs decent coders

in 18 months RYZEN gaming benches will be much better when retarded gaymer devs code for 16 threads

Are you color blind?

>Avg: 102 vs 99
>Min: 69 vs 71
>Max: 139 vs 151

Are you color blind

Erm, he's not wrong. Apparantly a small miscalculation by whoever made that graph. Ryzen's highest and lowest are both higher than Intel's, but Intel gets the higher average somehow.

>for high end hardware users and on higher resolutions with more of a GPU botttleneck ryzen seems to pull ahead

lol that is the exact opposite of the findings others have seen

The average is probably taken over all frames, not just the min and max ones.

You know there is another variable, time.

The minimum framerate just indicates the absolute longest frametime the game experienced at any point during the benchmark, and max framerate the opposite (the shortest frametime). Having a lower average framerate but a higher minimum would mean that the CPU spent more time below the other CPU's average framerate than it did above, but never experienced a frametime that was longer than the other CPU's.

I know how it works, ASSFAGGOTS. I'm just confused as to why it happened.

But there's nothing confusing or particularly odd about it. The most obvious explanation would probably be a very brief moment where the 7700k derped and had an unusually long frametime, causing its' absolute miminum framerate to drop.

probably a particularly egregious cache miss

>When people bentchmark new CPU / GPU with games you can already run 60+ fps with a dozen of other

Yeah I'm gonna spend money so I can not play these games again because I already played them but now 2-5 more fps

But then why is the max higher.

You fell for the "Intel is better" meme.

if you're not an enthusiast, why even pay attention to enthusiast benchmarks?
some people want to play games at higher framerates than 60, or resolutions higher than 1080p

look at mins
if anything we learned that tech journalism was a mistake with this launch

that's the whole point, max doesn't matter its more rarer than mins
mins>avg>max by stutter importance
and closer mins to avg the better

You realize you just showed a $340 Intel processor getting better average FPS than a $500 Ryzen processor

you realize there is 1Ghz difference?
1 000 Mhz difference. Thousand.

Oh sorry, here's some benchmarks with the 1700m a $329 CPU

>here are some benchmarks with the 1700, a $329 CPU

Explain why anyone would be stupid enough to buy a Ryzen that costs $160 more to get even worse performance.

Fpbp.

oh lord that image

thing is 1700 gets same results, and is cheaper, so i'd get that
I don't think anyone seriously considers 1800x for gaming, 1700 is fair comparison

Within 3-6 months we'll start seeing some patches to improve things. AMD's already partnered with a few developers to push them.

>enthusiast
that's a funny way to spell goy

needs the 1440p

So I wont get bored when I render work stuff for 18 hours and can't used my PC normally in gaming because my current Haswell got shit number of cores.
Do you got shit for brain?

FUCK YOU!

It's called "multitasking".
Do your instructions from Intel Aviv not mention that?

Top fucking kek. I wonder if I will get banned on Reddit for posting this image.

Multi-tasking, you mean like streaming while playing a game?

Oh wait...

1700 doesn't even get close to the same results

1700 is the worst performer in Ryzen's whole line up

Why people never post source?
its not i'm against your chart but how the fuck I can do my own research?
Holy fuck you people are retarded.

Look in bottom right corner

>dice actually employs decent coders
>he didn't play bf4 on launch

bf4 is still broken. Idk if it's origin, my pc, or bf4 but it half works and only half the time.

Okay, I just google it myself before you post that
>While I wasn't able to capture the number of dropped frames from the stream, I was able to capture the FPS numbers from Dota 2. All the eight-core CPUs did well, but the 7700K took a significant hit to performance by as much as 18FPS with OBS active. Ryzen did well, only dropping 3FPS while streaming, but was ultimately slower overall than the Intel systems.

The only that part said anything about the OBS setting is
>That's particularly true in the OBS/Dota 2 benchmark, where the game was software-encoded at 3500Kbps and streamed
It doesn't said anything about the preset setting, So I guess they are at default "very fast", even a shitty i5 can do this.
But Very Fast is shit for high pace game like FPS, it will create a lot artifacts, Dota 2 too if the camera moved around too fast.

Its not I'm trying to diss intel here, but I do works as video mixer in live streaming Esport event.
If you want to get better quality you need to changed your preset, but it will used more CPU power for better quality.

So if anyone can find me an OBS benchmark of ryzen running at better preset It would be helpful instead of some random reviewer who known nothing about encoding in streaming.

Also I saw in that same site 1800x top everything in Handbrake benchmark.

So it keep raised my suspicion that this guy know nothing about how to properly setting an OBS.

>OBS not scaling with core count
if anything, this is more indicative of OBS being a piece of shit