/wbg/ - Web Browser General

This thread is for the discussion of anything regarding web browsers and search engines.

Let's see which web browser is the most popular on Sup Forums :
strawpoll.me/12460246

You can select multiple browsers.
If you selected "Other", be sure to tell us here which one you use.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Opera

Also, anybody have that image of a quick rundown of the classification of these browsers.

cyberfox master race reporting in

pale meme, wetfox, ff niggerly can btfo

google chrome backup, appcontainer enabled for extra security

What's the difference between Cyberfox and Waterfox?
Is Cyberfox good on Linux?

basically Cyberfox is a properly maintained Waterfox that doesn't have a single dev nagging about how his Intel compiler bugs out during every update he has to roll out

is this accurate

move all nightly and unstable shit to below-lonely manchild tier and it's accurate as fuck

>no cyberfox-bin in AUR
dropped

works on windows, which matters

I use Iridium, but if someone insists on Firefox customization I'd suggest Firefox Nightly with Icecat as a backup

I'm running Waterfox. Convince me to switch.

I'm using Pale Moon but I'd swith to ungoogled-chromium if it wasn't for its shitty font rendering

no this is

Swap Brave and Vivaldi and it's perfect

Nobody is collecting your data from the browser you illiterate pieces of shit. The collection is done from their websites themselves by visiting. If you weren't stupid shits you'd know almost all browsers are literally identical in data collection once you turn on/off all their privacy settings.
But of course the main problem here is not the browser, it's your technical illiteracy and wanting to be handholded by a loonix distro or other without doing anything yourself.
Windows power users are much better than you at avoiding the botnet which is the actual red pill you will read here.

have you done any research on chrome data collection you brat?

t. I'm pretending to be retarded, the post.

Do you run an illegal trafficking ring through the Cuban embargo to care? Have you even tried to turn off all privacy settings on Chrome? 99.9% of Internet tracking is done via the act of actually visiting a site you illiterate fucks.
Google doesn't give a shit about your browser if you visit them or if you visit them without any blockers.
The only reasonable benefit of Chrome right now for Google is on Android, because it has no adblock.

This.

Sup Forums is full of edgelords that think they're cool because they're using third party underrated software.

No matter what you do, nowdays you will get tracked by anything you do.

>Google doesn't give a shit about your browser if you visit them or if you visit them without any blockers.
nice strawman dumb shit, everyone who uses privacy-oriented browsers also uses privacy-oriented search engines

>Nobody is collecting your data from the
>browser you illiterate pieces of shit.
You mean this? Get out of my board leddit please. And take your fucking reddit spacing with you :^)

>2017
>using anything but Firefox Nightly

I've seen so many people shit on Firefox here on Sup Forums that it's hard to believe that Firefox is currently first on the poll.

What could you people possibly discuss about? This is literally a "what's your favorite browser lmao" thread

The main reason this general was created is to stop all those other browser related threads that popped up every five minutes.

Is it botnet?

I've been trying it out for for a number of months, couple of minutes at a time, now it's finally starting to feel comfy. It's getting there. Good customization options.

What's worrying me is it's based on chrome, has anyone analyzed its outgoing connections? I'm too incompetent

forgot to post the FUCKING picture, I'm talking about FUCKING VIVALDI

Actually, it's open source:
vivaldi.com/source/

i dunno. im trying it out at the moment and it wouldnt load some things that chrome would (uni website platform)