Is it wise to use Nightly as my default browser?

Is it wise to use Nightly as my default browser?

Firefox isn't half as responsive as the current Nightly build and I feel ethically wrong using Chrome.

Polite bump

Yes. Just disable telemetry in about:config:
toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled = false
toolkit.telemetry.enabled = false
toolkit.telemetry.unified = false
datareporting.healthreport.uploadEnabled = false
datareporting.policy.dataSubmissionEnabled = false

Thank you!
How unstable can it become, is it often, or am I always guaranteed it'll work okay?

aurora is better suited to regular use... Nightly is completely experimental whilst aurora is more functional bleeding edge

.. as in I have had nightly break whereas I have yet to see aurora break on me. There is a "privacy settings" extension that lets you set some of the most interesting about config settings beyond just telemetry also

It just works. And it's faster than stable firefox because it has better multiprocess tab support.

Have Mozilla given a date as to when Firefox will use multiprocess support? You'd think it'd be an axiom of modern browsers. Is this why Firefox a shit?

>Is this why Firefox a shit?
It's one reason of many

The others being? I'm intrigued.

It already uses it, but some extensions are incompatible with it. Nightly has better support of it, so less extensions are incompatible with it. You can check if it is enabled in about:support. I use 21 extensions, yet Nightly provides compatibility between multiprocess tabs and them.

No sandboxing, poor javascript engine, constantly cutting features in the interest of becoming a chrome clone, and unfixed development bugs that are years old and make supporting it a pain.

Nightly is for FF devs. Use aurora or something.

>No sandboxing
Then use it in superchroot. Chromium sandbox is a snake oil especially with automated download.

>this is the thought process of a moz://a fanboy

>zero argument
I use palememe but nice try.

>I use palememe
That's even worse

Stay mad

Should be fine, but it will occasionally break in weird ways.

Aurora is for FF devs, it's called Developer Edition.

I have level 2 sandboxing in Nightly.