Macbooks are overpriced

>Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, the best trackpads in existence, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs, and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconbeat.com/2013/08/29/local-man-burned-up-by-apples-response-to-iphone-fire/
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reported for spam

Except no ecc ram or xenon processor

they're 'overpriced' because the average person buys a $300 piece of shit from Walmart

MBPR user here, really want an X1C
hold me Sup Forums

I use a macbook for school and can easily say that it's better for normal casual use not programming gaming etc.

prepare to be assblasted by hispanic kids full of impotent rage

>light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, the best trackpads in existence, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs, and the best build quality and support in the business
All placebos. Can't believe you are paying $1300 for a fucking DUAL CORE! Are you still in 2005?

And then something breaks and you have to replace the whole unit instead of a single part.

>your laptop: Macbook
>your desktop: self-build PC
only right choice

>buying a laptop with a screen other than 14"
does apple even make a 14 incher? I mean it is objectively the best portability to comfort ratio out there.

Thinkpads are overpriced
/Thread.

dell xps 13
there, $250 cheaper

>the best trackpads in existence
the worst ones

>NVMe SSDs
not needed

>the best build quality
mactoddler myth

>and support in the business
siliconbeat.com/2013/08/29/local-man-burned-up-by-apples-response-to-iphone-fire/

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and trashed the design to go back to copying 90's laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o

>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2016 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>Chick shit
>build quality

>applefag says they are overpriced
>still buys one to show he's not poor
They aren't overpriced its just not a good laptop in general. At 1k I expect more workstation specs not some consumer facebook machine with usb ports

Lol "xenon" it's Xeon

/thread

MacBook owner here, there are a few alternatives but none of them are great

spectre x360:
>new models are more expensive than the Mac and have mixed reviews
>old models have a pentile display
>doesn't compete with build quality and trackpad

dell XPS 13:
>webcam points up nose
>really bad build quality
>bad trackpad

And let's not forget Windows scaling issues among other things. The main problem is that the two non-Mac offerings are going to be shitpiles about a year after purchase whereas the Mac will still be a sexy, sturdy little machine, trucking along and servings its purpose. In fact, our school district is still using ancient Macbook Airs, and despite what the kids put them through, they're still trucking along, serving their purpose.

Lots of bias and retardation in these threads. See also: >hurdur we can have muh chink cellphone threads and thinkpad thread 24-7 but if you talk about a Mac it's spam
This is why people post the "you can't afford it" meme, because it's true for about half of you and for the rest of you it's still a good troll. This board is full of unintelligent children who both hate themselves and have huge egos—it's really weird, honestly.

i have an xps 15 right now. (3 days in)

battery life is definitely not comparable to my rMBP 15. The keyboard and trackpad are better on the mbp too. The xps trackpad is total shit. The screens aren't super comparable, each good in their own way. I like having a touch screen for onenote which is why I got it in the first place. I'm still not sure if I'll keep this thing. Windows 10 is a steaming pile of shit. I bought this xps direct from Dell and it has a slight warp in the case and some bad sound interference from the headphone jack.

I really expected the xps to be a mbp killer but I'm not convinced anymore.

t. macshill

Fanless ultra light Macbook or bust, but you have to admit it's really fucking expensive.

that's the thing, i wanna get rid of my mbp but I haven't found a reasonable solution yet.

(also I'll only switch to something with touch screen)

how do I into adjustable window tiling on Macs?

Also I've tried mac computers and it seems like when you have multiple instances of the same program open, you can't easily switch between them with alt-tabbing.

i second this

agreed

>your laptop: chromebook or cheap used thinkpad/dell
>your desktop: self build pc running windows and linux in dualboot

fixed it for you

>you can't easily switch between them with alt-tabbing
winbabies and mactoddlers still can't fix their bugs themselves with simple scripts

Option 1: Hot corners and Exposé
Option 2: You can 4 finger swipe between virtual desktops and fullscreen apps

Mac OS 10.11 supports some sort of window tiling. Essentially side by side fullscreen apps. Haven't tried it yet

> overpriced
you will never know how it feels to program on xcode

lets say you have three instances of photoshop open, editing 3 different pictures. then you have after effects safari and a file manager open. are you telling me to get to switch between the 3 photoshop instances I need to fullscreen them all and swipe through them?

Asus ZenBook UX501
Double the Memory with a 4k touchscreen and a discrete GPU.
Get rekt macfag.

retina displays suck

only use the non-glossy screens

>battery life
>fit and finish
>longevity
>trackpad
>general build quality
>probably pentile shit

They're not 'overpriced'. It's just that they're consumer products priced like professional hardware.
>2560x1600 retina display
Shit's glossy as fuck
>best trackpads in existence
Trackpads are the worst input devices in the business
Also they have really crappy chiclet keyboards with broken layouts.
>best build quality
When can that meme finally die? Macbooks have a long history of production errors.
>outstanding battery life
Why even bring that up with the recent 'scandal' about short battery life due to broken Apple software?

I would get one though if they came with matte screens and decent keyboards and of course after I gave early adopters six months to beta test for me.

Trackpad is great, don't use it all that much though because
>4k Touchscreen

Battery life is a good 6-7 hours or so, and the case is this tough as hell brushed aluminum.

Mac air $999

Display
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio and 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
Storage1
128GB PCIe-based flash storage

Processor
1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

Memory
8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

Battery and Power2
Up to 12 hours wireless web
Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback
Up to 30 days standby time
Built-in 54‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port

Graphics and Video Support
Intel HD Graphics 6000

Dell xps 13 $799.99

Processor
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (3MB Cache, up to 2.4 GHz)

Memoryi
4GB LPDDR3 1866MHz

Display
13.3" FHD AG (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge display

Video Card
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Hard Drive
128GB Solid State Drive

>not for programming

Paying $1300 for a laptop that is not workstation class is stupid. It's retarded. It's idiotic. It's moron.

I don't have a word for how poor of a choice this is. You are getting ripped off. You don't need it for what you're going to do with it.

Do not spend more than $300 on a laptop unless you can give a very specific reason why you need to. A specific usage scenario. And even then I bet you don't really need it.

>your laptop: Thinkpad from ebay
>your desktop: Dell/Lenovo/HP dual Xeon Workstation from ebay with GPU upgraded

This is the true Sup Forums way.

I don't get the Macbook hate. Yes, they are pretty expensive, but think of all the stuff you do on it. It's literally your entire life. That's a really small price to pay for all of that. Anyone working a normal job, even a minimum wage job, should be OK with shelling out that much money for a quality product like a Macbook.

t. poorfag

Most people are just childish, they don't even really hate Apple, they hate their customers, those smug scummy hipster fucks who think they have a grasp on technology and proudly tell you that the CPU in the iPhone is called A9 and have no fucking clue what a CPU even does.

>2011 MBP 17 inch
>same price
>1TB SATA 3 SSD
>16GB RAM that isn't soldered
>Core i7 4th gen

2011 MacBooks are best MacBooks.

literally me:
laptop: 2 thinkpads from ebay
desktops: HP for linux shitty shit + Dell for NetBSD shitty shit
proper desktop: assembled gayman rig from used parts from ebay + Windows 10

>tfw my thinkpad is everything
laptop: thinkpad
desktop: thinkpad on docking station with dual monitors

I've had my rMBP and it's ruined me. I never want another laptop that isn't an rMBP. It's too bad the new one is crap. Maybe I can get my hands on a nice 2015 one when it's time to upgrade.

your CPU doesn't emit xenon lighting?

I just replaced my 2011 13" with a 2015 13," and I love it. Worth every penny. There's more to life than hardware specs.

The 2016 MBPs are overpriced, though, especially when you consider you can't even get a 15" screen or 4 USB-C ports without paying for the gimmicky Touch Bar. That's just twisting the customer's arm, and I don't like it.

no. that's what Exposé is for.

>Core i7 4th gen
>2011

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

Xps 13
High end thinkpad
... maybe some Asus/Acer crap or system 76.

So basicly of ton a equivalent specs for the same price/ sometime cheaper

This exact thread with the same picture is posted regularly here, quit replying to it you faggots.

Sage/report/hide.

Which literally no laptop had until about 2016. I admit the new MacBook Pro is trash, but other mobile workstations didn't have much on the older ones.

You realize that people IRL talk behind your back about how autistic you are, do you?

Patrician non-NEET taste.

>he doesn't even build his own PC

You send it to Apple and they fix it, no questions asked.

>>Macbooks are overpriced
wait for it....
>>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop

Everybody ITT can be shot.

>>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)

You do realize Apple has some of the best customer support in the world, right? And that MacBooks are known to last (and retain their value) for 5+ years?

But say something does break in 3 years. That situation is likely to play out as:

>Hey Apple, my MacBook is broken, and my AppleCare expired last year

>Really, user? That's no problem, we'll go ahead and fix it free of charge, because you are such a loyal customer

And that's not to mention the people that have gotten free replacements for their machines.

>inb4 some butthurt anti-Apple faggot starts bitching and claiming Apple is actually terrible

>Apple is sorry to inform you your breath popped one of the 100,000 moisture sensors and now your warranty is void

it may not be 'overpriced' looking at the features and the fact that it has an amazing apple logo, but if you consider the fact that I use a U$ 30,00 thinkpad to very probably do the same thing you do with your U$ 1300,00 notebook, yes, it is overpriced as fuck

>not programming
>UNIX, Bash
>comes with python, c compiler out of the box etc

thanks Windows Call Center ... you did it again!

wtf i love windows for programming now

Can confirm they don't give a flying fuck if you don't have Apple Care/ Not a recall.

pic unrelated

General use: Linux > Mac OS > Windows
Technical use: Linux > Windows > Mac OS
Not getting royally fucked by a consumer cult:
Linux >

>most important things for user experience.

>t. mactoddler

>Technical use: Linux > Windows > Mac OS

t. wintoddler who never used macOS

How fucking stupid are you fucking faggots?! Stop coming to this board.

macOS us literally Unix Based and has a terminal and for the right user its nothing but another Linux Distro ... but you fucking gaymer shits come here and pretend its less technical because it also happens to be easy to use

>its nothing but another Linux Distro

Yeah, good luck changing the DE/theme and using a PM that isn't shit

>being that retarded

educate yourself ... embarassing tbqh

Good argument

not my fault you unironically believe an unix based OS with terminal, bash is less customizable than windows 10 kek

i just stop talking to ebin gaymer youtube comment shill microsoft call center shills on Sup Forums

Thinkpad Carbon? I know mine has better specs and looks better. Not sure on price but in U.S. In Australia I picked the Thinkpad up for same price with better specs.

I am also a Macfag, but you gotta admit Macbooks are overpriced, specially the new ones.

With the XPS 15 you're getting a much better deal, a Kaby quad i7 + GTX 1050ti for what, 1899? The 15 inch retina starts at $2399 (lmao) and gives you a Radeon 450, Skylake quad i7 and only 256GB of storage.

With that said, I would still get the Mac because I really enjoy MacOS and superior build quality. Also I'm not a poorfag.

>he derives pride and worth from electronic lego

I mean I built mine, but it's nothing to be proud of.

I bought my rMBP back in early 2014. From around may 2015 to late 2016 I left it plugged 24/7 and the battery got swollen. Got it replaced along with mobo for free. So I basically got a new laptop for free. Best service is best service

Install spectacle or bettertouchtool.

I don't think that, I specifically responded to "nothing but another Linux Distro" which it clearly is not

>everyone who uses a product is an idiot who can't form his own opinions
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

>i nearly got my face burned off by applel chinktrash b-b-b-but i luv apel!!!!

>I'm gonna pull whatever shit comes out of my ass and post it
>that'll show those macfags
But, user, that's not what I said.

If you have multiple windows of an application open, the hotkey to flip through them is Command-`

Surface Book is the obvious way forward here.

You forgot the part where it forces you to use a shitty buggy as fuck operating system with terrible drivers.

Why don't they use toughbooks or something similar for these missions? The newer Lenovo models are trash.

Upper level P or X series ThinkPads with 4k, not some shitty 2k mene at the same price. Kys OP

>Literally any warranty service ever

/thread

>t. mactoddler

Remember the retina! You can't get retina with anything else because retina is best retina, desu.

/thread

The Spectre build quality is basically the same aluminum unibody as the MacBook, like many ultrabooks nowadays
Build quality used to be an argument for macs, now it's just normal and expected

>siliconbeat.com/2013/08/29/local-man-burned-up-by-apples-response-to-iphone-fire/

>>Guy demands upgrade to newer model phone rather than free replacement of current model

>>"Bad service"

>tfw my 5yo MBA is starting to fail
Literally the best computer I've ever had: light, good battery life, Trackpad is perfect, It just werks.

Honestly I wouldn't be buying an apple computer again since the new MBA are basically tablets and a mbp is too expensive, for not talking about the latest system upgrades (siri and other bloat for the normie)
I'm considering buying a new battery and a new sdd so I can use it for at least 3 years more, when it dies I'll go for the thibkpad meme

Would you recommend getting a 2015 12" MB or a 2013 13" MBPr?
Both are around $900 refurbished.

This is true patrician

>Battery life is a good 6-7 hours or so

LMFAO

>Technical use: Windows > Mac OS

Macfags removed "great keyboards" from the OP's copypasta after the flaming trash that is the 2016 version's keyboard.