Mouse & mice

Mouse Thread.
> open catalog
> search mouse
> 0 results

Post your mice, and ask for recommendations.

I will start. Need 5 button mouse. I've been using Microsoft Intellimouse's for about a decade and there's no cheap ones available, and all refurbished ones fail after three months. What's a good replacement? Needs to work out the box with Linux and needs to not have stupid gamer style illuminations or needless tweaking buttons.

Try to avoid Razer. After just 2 years of use the scrollwheel sensor is randomly picking signals up, resulting in jumpy scrolling.

>Needs to work out the box with Linux and needs to not have stupid gamer style illuminations or needless tweaking buttons.
Buy the cheapest mouse you can find and you'll be happy with for a new decade. The more expensive, the more shitty the mouse is.

Go for an Asus UX300. Costs about $10 - $15 and appears to work fine.

Forgot picture.

I'm using the Magic Mouse 1.0, best mouse I've ever owned. Took some adjustment to learn to grip it comfortably but after a couple of days it's awesome. Don't think I'll ever go back to a regular mouse—I might even switch to the magic trackpad in the future.

It also has some funny memes (although these only apply to the 2.0—mine's battery-powered)
>I place my mouse in defense mode and end my turn

This is the Intellimouse. I think a new version costs over 200 USD now.

You know what really annoys me about many mice? That shitty rubber-esque coating used to provide grip - once that gets dirty it never really comes clean and as well all know nerd sweat is corrosive. All those l33t gaymur mice loom good for about 5 minutes and then to a blob of flaking rubber and human skin.

It actually pisses me off so much I went out and bought a random no thrills mouse made of bamboo - just because you can actually clean the fucking thing. After about a year of use it looks as good as the day it was made.

Does it have any glowing illuminations? Looks nice overall.

The zowies aren't too exciting. They can be a bit pricey since they are gaming-oriented, but they are PNP and don't look too edgy.
Once nice thing is that every model has multiple sizes, depending on how big your hands are.

Oh well, you could have WASHED YOUR HANDS instead, with actual soap and water at least 2 - 3 times per day. Not spilling shit on your mouse helps, too.

No, there are no LEDs at all. Just a plain old mouse.

What is a wooden mouse like? Is it warm to the touch? Does it smell? Surely it would pick up on hand sweat more and stain itself?

It doesn't matter how clean your hands are - eventually that rubber shit will get dirty. One added bonus is my mouse will always be smooth - the surface just has a gloss varnish so unless I take a blade to it it will never wear out.

> Is it warm to the touch?

Generally cool to the touch.

>Does it smell?

Nope.

>Surely it would pick up on hand sweat more and stain itself?

Gloss varnish yo. I really do dig the smoothness of it.

One thing to note is its surprisingly light. Then again its just a hollow case with a small sensor inside.

post better mouse, pro tip, you cant

where was the bamboo sourced from?

hows the mouse wheel?

is the cord bamboo?

How do you hold your mouse? Do you claw it? Do you use your whole palm?
This is quite important, because depending on how you're holding your mouse will affect the size you need to buy.

palm grip for me, but mice for sale don't like the type of grip, or size really

I didn't quite understand what you meant with the last passage of your post, but I assume you don't care about the size as long as you're getting a cheap mouse.
Still, for palm grip you'll probably need a high profile, bigger mouse. Something like a Logitech MX518.

Sorry I mean that when you're looking for mice to buy it it doesn't tell you what mouse grip fits best

>where was the bamboo sourced from?

Amazon. They are all cheap because - as I have said - they are no thrills mice.

>hows the mouse wheel?

My one has a rubber mouse wheel which is a shame as I would've liked it to be bamboo but ho-hum.

>is the cord bamboo?

Obviously not.

The mx would be good but it needs special software, windows only I guess just to turn the lights off

Ah, that helps. It's actually quite easy. As stated in , if you're palming you need a longer, higher mouse. For clawing and fingertipping short, low mice will do the trick.
Try reading some reviews, that'll help for sure.

I know Sup Forums thinks I'm a faggot for this, but I want a wireless mouse for convenience. I have a big TV setup and I'd rather not have cords in the middle of the room and be able to move around easily.

What are some of the best?

I use a rii mini i8 it's more like a track pad and keyboard. Battery lasts weeks

I use the Mionix Naos 7000 and i love it

Somewhat a combination between palm and fingertip grip

Comfy.

I've had RSI issues for years and then tried that Magic Mouse because it was free with my computer. Gave it a spin for a day and fell in love. Haven't had RSI issues since. Because it's so low to the table means I can put my hand down and there's zero pain.

Highly recommend that mouse for RSI sufferers.

Also, touch surface is vastly superior to a scroll wheel.

How are the Asus ROG serie mice?

Didn't know that it would be useful for RSI. I actually use it in a bit of a finger/claw grip, similar to #2 and #3 here: It's a really nice mouse either way. Not perfect but overall very happy with it. Almost wish I'd waited and gotten the 2.0 but the battery version is fine too.

How do people feel about vertical mice? I was thinking of getting one.

>Didn't know that it would be useful for RSI.

Not other user but my guess is because its such a low profile it means your wristi s kept straight as there is no need to raise your hand, thuse reducing the stress on your tendons.

Never used one but they are supposed to be good for tackling RSI because of the above comment.

Depends on the mouse. With the mouse i currently have, I claw grip it because it's the most comfortable way of holding it.
I've had mice where I palm gripped because claw gripping felt awkward and uncomfortable.
I think the way you hold it probably has to do with the size of you hand and the way the mouse is shaped.

There are some cheaper in aliexpress and ebay, but I'm not sure if they are genuine.

This + hueg mousepad = best

I hated the rubber coating on my deathadder so I got some rubbing alcohol and an old shirt and ended up scrubbing the rubber coating off.
Feels much better without that shit.

my personal favorite

mx masterrace

I'm glad someone else understands my plight. I would like ot own one of those gaming mice jsut because but the realities of a mouse being the main input device for my pc means comfort is my highest priority and fuck everything else.

Sure a million DPI and perfect sensor are nice....if you play CS:GO competitively but until that point i'll take comfort over performance.

Need a mouse like this, but with maybe 4 -5 buttons on the side. Suggestions?

Are you staying a magic mouse is the best bet for Linux as well?

What i'm saying is compiling gentoo is dirty work and a clean mouse is important.

not as good as the g700

I've used a logitech m510 for about 4 years now, werx good and batteries last for months. Decent for palm grip, and has never not worked during an operating system installation.

I recently found out about the scrollpoint mouse and ordered some. The scrollpoint is way better than the scroll wheel, but I still want to use them some more before coming to a conclusion.

>hands sweats from gaming

are you serious? what kind of defective human being are you? You actually sweat when you game? What kind of game do you play that your heart rate actually goes up and causes adrenaline to pump? next you're gonna tell me computer game is a form of sports and it is a substitute for actual real sports that requires you to move your whole body muscle

Some people just have sweaty hands due to genetics, they sweat even if you are doing very little. I get my sweaty hands from my mom, it just makes you sweat whenever it is warm, even if the rest of your body isn't sweating.

I can recommend zowie fk2

Had it since last June and it's the best mouse I've ever used. Period.

>hands sweats from gaming

That claim was never made. The claim was that nerd sweat is corrosive. Plus some people live in hot climates where sweating is more common due to said high temperatures. These are factors which are often overlooked.

For example in my corner of the world if outside temp hits 25c its considered a heatwave thus air cooling your pc is considerably more viable than someone living in say...florida where 25c is a chilly morning.

Just came in today, it's great.

whoops

>ball mouse
>ps/2

I'm willing to let this slide only on the condition you use it with a model M.

This, I have dry hands but my brother has this narsty acid sweat that corrodes anything metal he touches. When he hands me a controller it's always very warm and a little moist.

I bet after he holds an xbone or DS4 controller for a decent period of time its disgusting to pick up afterwards.

Well it wouldn't be a trackball if it didn't have a ball. It's not a Model M but I do use it with a Spacesaver M, which is basically a modern Model M

Ehh i'm in a generous mood and half cut, so i'll let it slide. You've been warned though - next time you post on Sup Forums with such...filth it best be backed up by a thinkpad (a real one).

It's never going to be used as a mouse anyway

Logitech G600.

RazerTortalitus.jpg

Humans tend to sweat when they are nervous. There are several possibilities that would make someone nervous while playing a game, such as a horror game, a any competetive game ever made, etc. I really shouldn't have to spell this out for you.

my g402 mouse stopped working after plugin in an old mouse ps2

It does heats up under it but it doesn't work, led doesn't light up and pc doesn't recognise it do u have any idea?

Ayy Lmaosolation on hard/nightmare with a good sound setup is underwear-destroying. How often sound design is overlooked in vidya.

See also: Black - a game designed to murder the ps2's sound chip.

>true audio mainstream support never ever

This is why we can't have nice things.

Had a Zowie FK '14 the original FK series, hands down the best mouse I've used so far.

Fantastic in its performance the wear and tear is another matter, I experienced flaking of the plastic body which was quite annoying after about a year of use. Most recently it has developed the problem of double-clicking on single presses, which started to occurred about two months ago.

I'm replacing this mouse with the FK2, hopefully these problems will not occur again within the same time frame. At £45/$55 I'd call it good investment for a decent well built mouse, but I wouldn't say it has the longevity of other mice that are out there.

I only use these as well.
They last for years.

Razer literally makes one themselves. Dunno what version of snake they call it, but it's designed for LOL and their ilk.

>try to avoid Razer
>reccomend Razer

I like it. Where?

Am I the only person who doesn't like the G400s? It just never felt right in my hand like my G5 did, idk why.

I like my meme mouse.