Samsung S8 General Thread

Most specs/images have already been leaked of the upcoming S8 phone, so discuss anything to do with the phone here.

>I'm interested in getting the S8 when it comes out, but have never had a Samsung phone before and currently use a Nexus 6P
>Is the bloatware in TouchWiz on Samsung that bad, and how can you remove it somehow (I've heard you can install custom ROM's but never looked into it or done it)

Worth buying?

it's rectangular and has a screen

Will the note 8 just be this phone but with an S pen?

If you currently have a nexus you are going to be sorely disappointed with any Samsung device. They are dog shit.

>no battery over 4 Ah
>no removable battery
>no IR blaster

Need I say more

My s6 has held up well, but the battery life is fucking garbo. Probably not going to go Samsung next time

But there is no good phone company right now

QFT man, LG has their bootlooping shit, maybe the next pixel or OnePlus phone has what I want

>big battery =/= good battery life
>most people upgrade their phones every 2 years so the battery should still be pretty good by that point. If you can't afford to upgrade phones every 2 years then you can't afford a Samsung in the first place, go buy your OnePlus.
>IR blaster for what? To use it as a tv remote? Pretty sure you can already download apps for smart tv's which allow you to do that with any phone. That's ofcourse if you can afford a Smart TV.

>Is the bloatware in TouchWiz on Samsung that bad, and how can you remove it somehow (I've heard you can install custom ROM's but never looked into it or done it)

Download "Package Disabler" and a Google Launcher and you pretty much have the stock android experience.

>not 4k

dropped

fucking this. ill prolly cop the s8 but i wouldnt have to if this battery wasn't so aids. i almost fucking died cause of the shitty s6 battery

why do people care so much about leaked images when it's just another featureless black rectangle

how did seeing this particular featureless black rectangle enrich your life or livelihood?

Not true at all. As soon as you swipe down you'll experience the touchjizz bloat. Go into the ugly settings app and you'll see Samsung's dirty fingerprints on pretty much everything.

"It's better now!" it's still shit

S8 would have to be an amazing phone for me to consider it. I'd rather have a phone with worse specs but less bloated UI. You're less likely to get lag if you avoid touchwiz.

The jump from QC 2.0 to 4.0 is tempting, as is the new chipset.

But fuck that autistic super long screen.

I'll stick with my S7, it's bezel is fine, the 820 is still fine, and QC 2.0 isn't that bad.

But do it explode tho? That shit is hella convenient if you a terrorizor

>paying Samsung hard earned american dollars
Never

>curved screen
>rounded screen
>curved, rounded screen

why

>tfw got s7e in october
should have waited

I dont believe you

Rumoured specs
- 5.8in / 6.2in 4K resolution Super AMOLED curved display
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- IP68 certification
- Fingerprint sensor (on rear) and iris scanner (on front)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip (US), Exynos 8895 (international)
- 4GB RAM
- 3,000mAh / 3,500mAh battery
- 12MP main camera / 8MP front-facing camera
- Built-in AI assistant
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB-C charging
- 64GB / 128GB storage with microSD (up to 256GB)
- Optional Samsung DeX HDMI dock for desktop mode
- Bluetooth 5.0

HDMI Dex +1

Pleasebebaitpleasebebaitpleasebebaitpleasebebait

>the cancer that is TouchWiz
>Full of bloatware and random crap
>Will lag and shit itself after a couple of months
>Google apps and Samsung copycat apps at the same time taking up space and resources
>And now bixy assistant on top of Google assistant
>Ugly and gimmick edges that no one uses
>The most retarded placement of a fingerprint scanner ever
>4k gimmick screen
>Shit tier battery life
>Don't forget the exploding batteries

Did I miss something?

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME

INSTEAD OF REMOVING THE ONE (1) INCH SAMSUNG LOGO ON THE TOP

ALL THEY DID WAS MOVE IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN WHERE YOU LOOK AT MORE OFTEN

Is that a 3.5mm headphone jack I see?

t. iphone user

touchwiz was bad in the past but now it's really nice. Samsung is not that big on custom roms because every non touchviz rom drains battery faster than the stock rom. Running a samsung on a custom rom is not really recommended.
t. had S3 and now S6

>Shit build quality
>Shit software
>Unsafe battery
>Hard to repair because of curved screen and glass
>Breaks from a 3 foot drop because of shitty glass body
>Shit speaker
>No front stere speakers, not even stereo for that matter
>Shit DAC
>Made by one of the most corrupted companys ever
>Slow updates
>No unlocked bootloader
>Its made by Samsung

Im getting Pixel 2 / HTC 11 / OP4.

No MHL also. S5 keeps being the best Samshit phone.

>Touchjizz

Samsung always offered the best Android devices, no Sup Forums meme can change that, TouchWiz is now one of the best launchers and if you don't want it it's a fucking android phone you can change everything you don't want.

When it comes to pure hardware quality Samsung is the way to go.

The only other phone I would consider at the moment is the HTC 10.

if s8 has a big battery like the s7, battery drain is not that much of a problem, it will still get you through the day

>HTC
>Talking about shit build quality

LMAO

The screen is touch

>you can change the everything you want
but not samsung services that are working background and requires 1 gb of ram alone

Fun fact: aosp requires 650mb ram to work

No, all the actual footage of the phone have no logo on the front.

OP's pic is just an unofficial rendering by whoever