twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>better phones cost more money
What else is new?

Is anyone actually buying WPs?

I just did.

>being a masochist

Got my Lumia for $30 new from best buy

They are great

Literally no flaws other than having less apps but for $30 you better shut the fuck up

Which modern/semi-modern Nokia cam has the best camera? Pureview 808? Lumia 1520? Might be worth it to use as a backup phone + good camera.

I actually remember my Lumia phone being really smooth and having great battery life, loved the tiles too, but come on, apps are the main reason for having a smartphone.

AHHHHHHH

ITS $30

FUCKING DIE

Eh, you could get a refurbished Moto E or something for $30

I liked my Lumia 925. Great build quality and screen, especially in bright sun. Battery life was pretty poor though, and Windows phone has no apps. You think it wont bother you until you realize that even the default apps on Windows mobile are unpolished and you spend a lot more time in apps than you think.

I pity people who are still using Windows mobile. I like to browse the windows phone subreddit to laugh at the people. So much anger and suffering because they won't let go of a dead platform.

had a first gen Windows phone 7 other than the lack of apps it just ran, was quick, and never dropped or missed a call. I wonder if any of the new nokia windows phones are like this

Yeah you can make the fucking used phone argument but the Windows phone will run smoother too

I think most of here are happy with default apps and using browser in a low performance phone

oh fuck the prices for the 808 are bonkers.

Blu R1 HD 2GB $60 shipped new from Amazon
- sd card slot
- IPS display
- decent build
- $60
- android

Does the image quality of the photos on that thing hold up today? I don't know dicks about cameras.

smartcam.club/node/3242
Considering how old the 808 is, and that the CM1 has a larger sensor and is newer, it's quite amazing how well the 808 holds up. Sure an RX100 or similar dedicated 1" sensor camera beats it easily, but that's also a dedicated camera and shit. For pure image quality and detail from a smartphone the 808 is still easily the best.

>- android
Unlike android, Windows phone is actually pretty reliable and you don't have to worry about bullshit exploits and security holes because who the fuck would take the time to exploit windows phones

also cameras are mostly limited by sensor size (and somewhat # of megapixels) for raw performance metrics. even the largest sensors in normal phone cameras only goes up to 1/2.3" from this chart . (CM1 is the only with a 1" sensor, but it's similar to the 808 as in not being a normal phone). You can't really beat the physics of gathering more light and detail.

That would be true if we were talking about wp8

But wp10 is so horrible it's literally laggier and more broken than android

I guess that would be true since on Windows 10 mobile Microsoft just put that broken mess that is Windows 10 on top a half-assed arm kernel, My only windows phone experience is pre-windows 10