Is this the best CPU on the market right now?

Is this the best CPU on the market right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/262730307841
youtube.com/watch?v=FUapuF0y30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe only for the common office, like Word and Excel. For serious power users of gaming and the desktop get a 4core/8thread CPU. They are simply a sweet spot especially when Intel bins them well to overclock well.

4core for more poorfagging mode.

Also this has very low Cache.

>dual core
>2017

You can get a six core AMD chip for the same price.

AMD are idiots for not promoting first the 4core/8thread chips. They are simply a sweet spot in most applications people need. They could bin them well to overclock well and beat the benchmarks most people care about and hence get free publicity that way for the server chips as well.

Alternatively, they are failures because they don't have their own Foundries, maybe they can't make Samsung or whoever builds them bin at all.

Which six core AMD cpu costs 60$?

It's not the best but price/perf ratio is pretty amazing. I mean, it's i3 for 60$.

>Also this has very low Cache.
Most people forget that. A lot of "mor cores" apologists don't get that in many cases their benchmark didn't win because it had moar cores. It won because those tiny chips have also like 2MB cache and a bigger chip has at least 8.
In some extreme cases of the Extreme Editions they have 20 which makes them "better" than even the 8M cache chips without much multithreading.

>Also this has very low Cache

It's only a 1MB reduction from an i3 and only a 512K reduction per core from any of the more expensive options. It still performs almost identically to a similarly-clocked i3 (namely the 6100).

Complete bullshit. For a start, the entire premise that HEDT chips generally outperform mainstream i7s in poorly-threaded workloads is nonsense. They don't. And the reason the HEDT chips rape them in heavily-threaded workloads is entirely because of the more cores meme. You also have to consider that L3 cache is shared between all cores, so it makes sense for a dual core to have half that of a quad core, and a quad core to have half that of an octo core. You're not gaining or losing anything in relative terms.

There are some cases that you run out of Cache to use, but it's obvious there are cases you could use more but with fewer cores, e.g. it's obvious that many games that can only use max 3-4 cores only lost to a HEDT chip on the exact same clocks of the exact same architecture mainly because of the cache because on ~3 core use you start eating a lot into those usual "2MB per core" (and this little chip only has 1.5M per core so that's gonna happen even MORE with it).

It's generally an on-a-case scenario and 1.5MB per core of this chip can't seriously be considered "more than enough in all cases per core".

I was thinking of getting this but I'll Wait Forâ„¢ Ryzen 3. Intel motherboards cost as much as that Pentium and you can't overclock.

Would be cool for a small budget build but I feel like I'd be gimping myself in the long run

ebay.com/itm/262730307841

>oh no, after all this shilling against them. They're still buying AMD
Recommend they buy the cheaper AMD chips, so they don't profit as much

wow what a deal xdxd.... it only took them 7 years

>xd

>f5 f5 f5

>>>www.intel.il/non-profit/shilling

You can upgrade to a 7700K in the future on the same motherboard when they're $60.

depends what you need

you're not getting paid anything by intel to shill them pajeet

maybe if you're poor as fuck

I know, it sucks. Could you get me a job on the Red Team crew, Ranjit?

you will get a nice big digital plaque for being such a great goy

I would personally probably go with at least an i3-6100 if nothing else to make better use of the on board graphics if desired.

>paying twice as much for the same performance and a slightly less shit iGPU

Or I could put the $60 I'd save towards a graphics card. Tough choice.

Not being sold in amazon anymore. ..

It's out of stock most places. Almost like Intel realised that it's a bit too good for the price and needed to be "retired"...

I wouldn't buy memelake or baby lake garbage. Buy a used Xeon or i7 (haswell/dc). If you need gaymin then install win7. If you're a patrician install something like Manjaro and setup GPU passtrhough with a win7 vm.

If you're a proud, upstanding American, and not a Muslim, you should buy CPUs from Intel, a company founded in America, that embodies the American dream.

>buying intel housefires in 2010+7

haha this

harhar, i agree friend.

>2010 CPU

125W house fire

>hates more core
Ryzen yourself

Can this CPU overkill any game at 720p?
I want to build a cheap PC for playing games.

don't forget to delid your intel cpu so it has a chance to last longer than 5 years

Pair it with an rx470 and you're good to go

Thank you.

>dual-fucking-core
>bottlenecks cpu-intensive gaymez

tfw you just wasted 65 bucks on a memetel processor

>budget PC containing a Pentium can't run every game perfectly

Wow, thanks for the insight, Red Team! Pity your CPUs bottleneck a GTX 260 in every game, or we might have some options.

Dual core with hyper-threading.

>GTX 260
>reaching back to 2008
jew tactics

Poorfag: The Thread

>spending $3000 on your PC just to post in Speccy threads on Sup Forums

Good goy!

>being an x86 cuck
The snapdragon 835 is the best CPU on the market.

It doesn't bottleneck 99% of games at 1080p 60fps. Which is its intended market. Pair it with an rx470 and you're golden.

maybe if you only want to play shit like csgo and dota, it's perfect. but you will need to turn down settings for more demanding games.

Can I run GTA V with this + GTX 1050 TI?

Is there a noticeable performance difference between this and the 4620?

Yes, comfortably too
I'm running GTA v on general medium 1080p at 50-60fps on an Athlon 5350 and 750ti

>Source: My ass

There are only a handful of AAA gaymes that it can't run at 1080p/60fps with a decent graphics card, and they're exactly the ones you'd expect (like Total Warhammer).

youtube.com/watch?v=FUapuF0y30s

Yeah, comfortably.

Not enough to justify the price. It's only a 200MHz boost, which is fuck all for quite a bit more money.

FX-6300.

Yes

G4560 is faster than FX-6300.

By a large margin for gaymes too.

intel have been jewing-out on hs paste for a lot longer that 5 years user. whats your next meme?

it can be.

>dual core
kek

>like Word and Excel
Excel is multi threaded, it benefits significantly from cores

TL;DR
>only good for Sup Forums not for Sup Forums
ftfy

Actually needing more than 2 cores to open your school homework that you copy-pasted

I want Sup Forums to leave

>serious power users of gaming
Chuckled. Gaymurs never gonna grow up.

Saving a couple shekels just to spend what you "saved" while Windows is starting... Hm...

As if Sup Forums has any interest in perf/dollar. Mommy and daddy buy their CPUs.

You can't escape it. Threads devolve to "muh gaymen" without fail every time. I haven't cared what anyone has said here since when Sup Forums told me only accountants would use the numpad.

Doesn't matter, any modern game still runs like ass and completely maxes out the cores.

>Similarly clocked i3 6100
If you aren't running your 6100 above 4GHz you're a moron

Saying something doesn't make it true.

Hey, so if I got an i5 6400 for cheap on ebay (to replace my i3 6100 4.6GHz) and overclocked it to 4-4.2 GHz it would keep any GPU on the market fed?

In 99.9% of games, yes. There are a handful of outliers like Watch Dogs 2 which demand an i7.

Wrong.

Go back to bed, Donald. It's your day off.