Can i remove my phone's front cam and mic ? If i can, how?

Can i remove my phone's front cam and mic ? If i can, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo
youtu.be/mXTm9frxLG0?t=2m27s
knowyourmeme.com/memes/naked-banana
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it with a drill you fucking dweeb.

calm down autist. gimme the answer or gtfo.

Probably, but it's a phone so getting rid of the mic makes it useless.

Why not get a tablet and just put tape over the camera/s?

Sure, just open it up and remove them.

Why would you remove the mic?

Actually I like to use smartphone. But I believe some corporations like google collecting data with these kind of ways. So I want to remove them and use the phone with routine things again.

Removing mic ? Yeah I will buy a shitty old phone for calling etc.

Your mic can be accessed and turned on without your knowledge. It's an invasion of privacy.

OpHere.

for listening shit.

Why not install an open source ROM and not GAPPS?

Then buy a palmtop or an iPod touch FFS.

Smartfone is comfy.
My next move will be the install open source ROM but I am not a qualified person to check codes. Confused....

Come on pajeet dont wreck your phone just because its comfy. If you want to tinker with stuff just buy a raspi

do this OP

youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo

this made me sad. it seems we cant escape/hide from nsa.

Thermite.

Install Sailfish OS

my sis had a anti-scratch overlay thing on her S6 edge and covered the microphone of the camera somehow.

nothing got through. a simple piece of sticky tape should be enough to block it.

best something that leaves little adhesive like tesa brand tape

>But I believe some corporations like google collecting data with these kind of ways. So I want to remove them and use the phone with routine things again.
This post is overflowing with intelligence
Your plan is fullproof really
you can stop abusive data collection by yanking out a few components from your proprietary blackox! Why did no one ever think of that before.

calm down. those are still works right ?

Usually Smartphones are fairly modular. The front cam is usually a seperate module, consisting of a the cam optics / sensor, a flat flex cable and a connector that is "clipped on" the main board of the phone.

My suggestion: Study some disassembly guides (ifixit, Youtube) of your specific phone model and disconnect the front cam.

As for the microphone I am unsure. You may have to desolder the actual mic capsule. My guess is this will vary from phone to phone.

thanks man ^^

Mic seems embedded to motherboard so we cant remove it.

You're welcome. :)

What phone model are we talking about? Maybe I can give you more detailed instructions about the mic if I take a look at the mainboard.

>if I take a look at the mainboard.

OK :)

LG K10 I have.

aaaand :/ Who is this man ?

>fullproof
>calling someone else an idiot
It's foolproof, you minge.

>I proofread other people's posts on a gook toon forum
Please, just stop

I really really like this man

You can listen actively with smartfone. With 3310 you can not for example. I will remove the mic and use older phone for calling. It is simple.

will you help me ?

>LG K10
youtu.be/mXTm9frxLG0?t=2m27s
Pause video at 2m27s

See that little fucker right next to the USB port?
That's the microphone capsule (post pic related).

You'll either need a soldering iron /station (preferably an adjustable hot air soldering station), or you can try to carefully pry it of the board wit a flat sharp knife (scalpel, surgeon knife, xacto-knife) or a small screw driver.

Be careful though. Prying will most likely damage the solder pads underneath (you wont be able to easly reattach the mic capsule), but if all you want is to remove the mic capsule I would give prying a go.

About that man ...

knowyourmeme.com/memes/naked-banana

just stick a piece of tape on the camera

Most of the data they actually collect are taken by how you use the smartphone, what apps you use, what you search, what you browse, where you are (GPS and WiFi) ecc, ecc.
I doubt theres something they can do with datas from cam and mics but you can try to remove them. Usually they're on separate boards.
Take in mind that "smartphones" are smart cause they're connected to the internet and they do it by using some corporations sergers. The only way you have to avoid the botnet is by using an old 3310

depends on your phone
just search in google/youtube: "disassemble "

>see that little fucker

ahahah i instantly laughed :D