Why would anybody spend more than $60 on a CPU for gaming at 1080p/60fps?

Why would anybody spend more than $60 on a CPU for gaming at 1080p/60fps?

Other urls found in this thread:

superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=G4560BOX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So u get more than 5 fps

Just get a good GPU and use DSR.

Frame times

This desu
Frametimes are important.

You literally don't understand what frametimes are (and replied to your own post, since there's one duplicate IP in here and it clearly wasn't the first two people). Frametimes are determined by framerate, entirely. The Pentium is above 60fps minimum in all but one game, meaning it can deliver a locked 60fps and locked 16.6ms frametimes throughout the experience, with zero stuttering.

>INTEL BLOWS INTEL TFO HOW WILL INTEL EVER RECOVER

I wanted to post an image and forgot to
And since posting an image by itself is a bannable offence...

Plus, you don't seem to understand why frametimes are important

According to Digital Foundry it might start to stutter with a 480 or higher, playing with a 1080 at 1080p is straight up retarded.

Posting an image by itself is possible?

because i like doing more than just playing games.

also i don't like closing absolutely all of my other programs in order to play one game.

>I wanted to post an image and forgot to
You got caught samefagging. Let it go. You very clearly tried to agree with yourself, or you would have just said, "forgot image" never mind the fact that the image is not important enough to the conversation that forgetting it warrants a second post attaching it.

This is an anonymous board, stop trying to defend your precious honor like this is Reddit or something. Lurk more and learn how to post.

>for gaming
this piece of crap lacks AVX among other things

Where do you find this for 60$?

Agreed user. the highest end cpu you should ever fucking buy is a 7600k. and its still fucking overkill.

my 4670k clocked at 4.6ghz wont be a bottleneck for another 3 years. even with the highest end graphics card installed.

thats why im getting a 1080ti. so i can game starcraft2 at 240hz.

G4560 is under $70 just about everywhere in the us.

I suppose if it's only a console a pentium and mid tier card would do someone just fine.

What daily tasks do you perform that require AVX instructions?

superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=G4560BOX

Out of stock right now, but then it's out of stock almost everywhere, including Amazon and Newegg.

A G4560 and a 1060/480 will smash any console. The PS4 Pro can't even get close to a locked 60fps in its "High Framerate" mode with dialled-down visuals in Rise of the Tomb Raider for example.

>What daily tasks do you perform that require AVX instructions?
cracking passwords

see >because i like doing more than just playing games.

>4670k
muh nigga
although i only clocked it up to 4GHz only cause R6Siege kept on crashing if it's higher than that. might actually be R6Siege's fault/pushing it especially when there's no crash in any other programs in both Windows and Linux

Nah, some programs just stress the component slightly differently and it breaks things. My GPU overclock was stable in absolutely everything except for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, which artifacted like crazy almost instantly. And if it's not stable in one thing, it's a bad overclock. Backing off 50MHz fixed it.

Emulators

>everywhere in the us
:^)

not everybody is a burger

But emulators rely entirely on a couple of strong cores. It's perfect for emulation, just like the G3258 was.

I might suspect it might also be the GPU, it runs like 80c during R6Siege. At the time when I had the CPU on 4.3GHz, it only got up to 60c. I might need to clean this PC soon. If R6Siege kept on crashing at 4GHz or even stock 3.4GHz, then it could be faulty hardware even if it wasn't effecting me anywhere else or actually R6Siege. But the hell could I know, I can't really know what's the actual problem and the blue screen information is useless "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" message.

>WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Generally a sign that voltage is too low. Did you crank the VCore at all?

>core multiplier: 43x
>core voltage: 1.18v
>processor cache (Ring) ratio: 42x
>processor cache (Ring) Voltage: 1.155v
i nabbed it from some random youtube video

But emulators rely heavily on single core performance user

>lurk more and learn how to post
>Sup Forums is my secret club and you arnt following our made up rules
Cringeworthy mate

>core voltage: 1.18v

There's your problem, boyo. That's too low for 4.3GHz unless you have some sort of golden chip. Try 1.25V and it should absolutely be stable unless you have a real shitty chip. You should even be able to push on to 4.5-4.6 with that voltage.

You're a faggot

alright thanks, i'll try that 1.25v and see if it works fine for at least a week. the cache ratio and voltage fine?

I'd bump the cache up to 1.2V too.

Because if I wanted nothing but a cheap gaming solution, I'd be buying an xbox.

The whole point of a PC is that it can do way more than just games.

running right now:
>core multiplier: 44x
>core voltage: 1.25v
>processor cache (Ring) ratio: 42x
>processor cache (Ring) Voltage: 1.2v
also i forgot to mention, i put it on adaptive mode for both, would this be fine or not due to offsets?

it's cheap here in europe too though.

Should be fine, yes. That's what I use. You might also want to check your LLC settings. Sometimes it can be overaggressive. Generally you want it somewhere in the middle (5 or 6 if your board has 10 levels, 2 or 3 if it's 5).

>Why would anybody spend more than $60 on a CPU for gaming at 1080p/60fps?

I don't play games myself but I know why. When my nephew visited a few weeks ago he brought that gaming laptop I bought him a year ago.

All the games play just fine on it. Live-streaming, on the other hand, was essentially "useless". He can live-stream but the streams are extremely laggy and poor quality.

Screen recording also stutters and makes the games lag and drop frames like crazy. I don't know why he wants to upload his gameplay to YouTube, and I have no idea who would watch that... but that's something he'd like to do.

That gaming laptop is more than good enough to (just) play all the games just fine. I'm sure a cheap CPU with a good graphics card is good enough, like OPs graphs show. But there's a lot more to gaming these days and that's why my nephew was hinting that he very much would like me to buy him a gaming desktop PC. If you're going to play demanding games and live-stream or record them then you really do need a powerful CPU with lots of cores.

> What daily tasks do you perform that require AVX instructions?
I use software raid on both my desktop and NAS. AVX speeds that up. It also speeds up video encoding. I wouldn't buy a CPU without AVX instructions. It's kind of a basic requirement these days. I don't encode videos that often but I do write things to storage all day every day.

>Emulators
Are you kidding me, emulators don't require much. You can run most of them on a 3 year old phone..

seems like I cannot find LLC in my motherboard setting, also 46x with 1.25v caused windows to blue screen on startup, guess you have a better motherboard than me.

Longevity, once games start making use of threads/core your bargain bin Pentium or Athlon is going to start to feel the hurt. My i5 3750K still plays games at 1080p above 60fps just fine, an Athlon II X4 I bought around the same time less so.

>Emulators
>Are you fucking kidding me
He is not, if you want to play an accurate LLE SNES emulator you need at least a i5, the same for Wii, GC and PS2 emulators. Wii U will only run at an acceptable speed if you have either an overclocked i5 or a i7.

No.

A faster CPU, and/or one with a lower latency pipeline, means less delay in requesting the GPU to draw the next frame after the last one finishes even if you are locking it down to 60FPS.

>You got caught samefagging. Let it go. You very clearly tried to agree with yourself, or you would have just said, "forgot image"
Too bad posting something like that is bannable on this board as well. Rule #6.

You'd know that if you weren't such a newfaggot

>wants to discuss CPUs
>posts 9 benchmarks of GPU bound gaymen titles
kys

>And since posting an image by itself is a bannable offence

GO THE FUCK BACK

You can get it for $72 Aussie dolleridoos, which is the equivalent of $53ish USD, and ours has tax included.

Also are they going to release any fucking H210M Mobo, i dont want to buy a $70 CPU and have to spend $120 on the fucking Mobo.

Ever played ARMA or Squad on a shitty CPU? Some games are heavily CPU bound relatively speaking.

why can't all reviewer go into frametime graph benchmarking of everything?
it's not even that hard these days or expensive, give better slice of information than fps counter

please elaborate on this. I want to see you talk more shit you don't have a clue about.

Because dumb fucks massively overestimate the importance of the CPU in games, even a top of the line GPU will often be the bottleneck

Dumbass.

The entire POINT is that a $60 CPU isn't the bottleneck in any of those titles, you fucking clueless retard.

ARMA 3 runs like shit no matter what, so you might as well spend less for the privilege.

Here's a reason. You want to use new components to be able to RMA any defective parts you get. You also want to make sure to have a quad core because you're playing new releases and don't want to dick around to make them launch. The cheapest 4 core new in box processor on newegg is an FX4300 at $65.

The G4560 has four threads, you stupid idiot. Games will see it as a quad core, so it doesn't have the G3258 problem of games refusing to run. It also murders any FX chip in terms of gay men performance.

>1080p

stop living in the past, grandpa

frame times

>Battlefield multiplayer

Not an argument.

>literally no argument

>Bulldozer """cores"""

I5 3470 ivy bridge.
$100 most of the time.
Cpu reaches maybe 65-70% on most games.
Mirrors Edge: Meshlyst is maybe only game that eats the whole i5
Recoding bumps up cpu but doesn't max it.
This i5 is probably one of my favorites though that may be a biased statement since it's part of my first gaming and media desktop.

Correct, it's literally not an argument, because it's literally not possible to replicate the same conditions in two seperate Battlefield multiplayer runs, making it utterly null and void as a benchmark of anything.

G4560 also costs more than the FX4300.

$70 to the FX's $65.

You aren't going to get a new processor that handles 4 threads under $60. That FX is the cheapest 60fps 1080 processor for modern gaming unless you go used. Only way you're getting out cheaper than $60 is going used/refurb.

It is enough. Just like an intel 2core with hyperthreading would be. Only the FX is cheaper new than any 4 thread option from intel.

Is single therded performance really the end all be all for gameing? Like I"m looking at an I3-7350 which gets great single therded performance but barly has higher marks then my shitty FX-6300.

Are you fucking yourself buying something like like an i3? how much longer will single thread performance matter?