Serious question

Serious question.

Is possible to combine programming with literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

twinery.org/
store.steampowered.com/app/328760/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's pretty broad user going to need more specifics on what you mean

...what are games

I mean, of course is possible, but do you think people will give a fuck if I make an interactive story in Java?

if you have small boobs and are good at sucking dicks they will m8

twinery.org/

You're behind the game.

Immature and boring

Shakespeare programming language

ebooks happened years ago, user

store.steampowered.com/app/328760/

Make an AI that generates procedurally generated stories that aren't shit.

I don't know about literature, but the guy who made Pandoc is a philosophy professor, so I guess everything is possible at this point.

This is a cool idea
Wish I had any clue on how to do it lol

The first and best option is the hardest, most complex option, that is, create a program that really creates a story as a consistent text compatible with its language grammar's, with sentences and paragraphs and a plot and everything. There is no telling how long that would take.

The second option is a simpler program that makes a story not in text format, but in conceptual format, like using basic blocks of a narrative text (characters, locations, events, personalities, etc.) and uses that to string a story together, without having to put it down in a text.

There are already AI writing entire books that are being sold. You are too late to the party.

Yes, Donald Knuth did just that: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming

Have it use emojis; it'll look cleaner. Normies will love it.

Maybe stop playing Spongebob Squarepants?

rogue-like games

Take a look at Fallen London

let's talk to god

you are stupid to think that gaymes = story = literature

They are just another form of art.

Art is a painting. Games are entertainment.

Musics and movies are just entertainment by your logic then

many songs and movies are not art

Yes, they are.

movies are, for sure.
music is a bit different, it actually takes skill to make music.

I sometimes wonder how similar a writers process might be to a programmers. Story lines are like abstractions such as functions. An outline is like some pseudo code.

...except they are?

>many
Who classifying them? You?

So no skills are needed to make movies? Ok then. I bet you think dadaism wasn't art since it took almost no skill.

meme tier, here is your (You).

yeah, its called formal language theory

there is tons of machine learning that involves language processing. A strong understanding of grammar is imperative to success in this domain good luck

He fucking uploaded it to amazon before clearing it with a lawyer and the school..? That's not ADHD, but it is a symptom of mental impairment.

Can study of literature and philosophy help you be a better engineer/programmer?

What does this shit even mean?

markov chains