/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
MWC 2017 is over, here are the highlights
gsmarena.com/mwc_2017_is_over_the_best_devices-news-23748.php

Source: Google’s Pixel 2 to feature improved camera, CPU, higher price, but ‘budget’ phone also in works
9to5google.com/2017/01/26/source-google-pixel-2-camera-chipset-waterproof-budget-price-details/

Samsung Galaxy S8 Leaks in Brief Video
xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-leaks-in-brief-video/

Report from Korea says Galaxy S8 and S8+ preorders will begin on April 10
gsmarena.com/report_from_korea_says_galaxy_s8_and_s8_preorders_will_begin_on_april_10_-news-23769.php

Rumor: Xiaomi Mi 6 Official Release Date and New Specs Revealed
gizmochina.com/2017/03/02/rumor-xiaomi-mi-6-official-release-date-new-specs-revealed/

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Said To Come With In-Display Fingerprint, Launching In The Second Half of 2017
gizmochina.com/2017/03/03/xiaomi-mi-mix-2-said-come-display-fingerprint-launching-second-half-2017/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M26R5IU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B01M26R5IU&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21
wiki.lineageos.org/kenzo_info.html
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-lineageos-14-t3542491
aliexpress.com/store/311331
honorbuy.com/1000-xiaomi-redmi-4-32gb-smartphone-gray.html
en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html
banggood.com/OnePlus-Three-3-Global-Edition-5_5-Inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-2_2Ghz-4G-Smartphone-p-1063786.html
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Redmi-3S-Prime-3GB-32GB-Snapdragon-430-Octa-Core-5-0-Smartphone-4100mAh/32753151515.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro
reddit.com/r/googleplaydeals/comments/5xq0t4/apps_icon_packs_some_icon_packs_free_for_7_days/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about the LG X Power K220?

In my country it's quite hard to get chinkphones and I want something with a good battery and a 720p screen. No need for 3D or anything fancy.

Ordered a Lenovo P2 a few days ago, should get it tomorrow.

I'm having second toughts about it,
but I just read that a nougat update is being finalized for it.

Is this going to improve the camera in any way?
Because I'm thinking about sending it back and getting a cheaper phone honestly

It's a good phone, why would you want to send it back?

redmeme

You're better off buying a Moto G4 Play or a Moto G5 and a spare battery. Why can't you get chink phones though?

I just don't feel good in spending this much for a phone, specially since somebody offered me a 90€ phone already.

If there was a 250€ phone with a better camera I'd might consider switching to that.
Maybe the honor 6x.

I'm trying to compare the photo quality of the p2 with other phones on gsm but I can't gather much from it.

It'll last you longer than a 90€ phone though, so in the long run it might actually be cheaper. Also that 5100mah battery...

>It'll last you longer than a 90€ phone though
Not necessarily, it's 5,5 and much more likely to bend because of that.

But as I said I'm mostly interested in a good combination of battery/camera, everything else is plus.

Border restrictions.

And some people don't like to be switching batteries (it's for my mother, who uses the phone for basic things: messaging, calling, watching videos...).

OP3 owner here.

Great phone honestly, even at full price. The switch on the side and fast charging are a bonus. I've got my switch setup to toggle flashlight, which is unbelievably handy.

Only gripes with it are the curved glass (screen protectors never sit right), no stereo speakers, and 3000mah battery, but all these are minor issues.

Can't wait for Xposed to be stable on Android nougat. but until then it's marshmallow for me.

All phones but this one are inferior.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M26R5IU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B01M26R5IU&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21

HONOR 8
O
N
O
R

Is Redmi Note 3 Pro still the best chink meme phone? I've had mine for months, It memes sometimes but I don't care. I need to get a phone for my gf. Should I get something else? Budget: Around £200-300

Just get her an iPhone dude

She doesn't want an iPhone

Is it normal for a Galaxy S4 battery to be fucking shit (15% drain after playing a 3D game for a few minutes, randomly shutting down even though the battery is at 50%, etc)
The phone is 2 to 3 years old

Get a new battery ya doofus

Soon. First I'll have to fix the screen.
Is the battery life usually better with a custom ROM instead of the samsung bullshit?

>It memes sometimes but I don't care

Nokia now makes good chink phones

Lagging
Unable to use screen unless restart phone
Shitty / weird performance

Usual chink shit

Uh that's never happened on my Redmi Note 3 Pro and I've owned mine for about a year now. Have you installed the official global ROM?

Why wouldn't you use a custom ROM?

pajeet memes apparently

ZUK Z2 coming in this week (Canada) from GearBest
anything I should be aware of? What's all this I hear about retailer-installed ROMs?

I would have flashed CM but I'm quite turned back from the issues that it has. Last time I checked there was only one or two people working on the official CM for Redmi Note 3 while there's still quite a bit of support for the Redmi Note 3's official ROM.

Even though it's still on Marshmallow there is word that there will be a Nougat release for the RMN3.

Zuk z2. If she's a girl then camera matters. RMN3P has poops for a camera.

Gearbest installed malware on your phone before sending it to you.

You should unlock it and install original ZUI or a custom rom like Mokee or lineage.

Huh? There's official Nougat ROM: wiki.lineageos.org/kenzo_info.html and forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-lineageos-14-t3542491

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) or Redmi 4 Prime?

what do you guys think about LG K10?

R4P ofc

Redmi 4 Prime is obviously superior.

LG budget phones are trash, without exception

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the order process? Do I get the international version some sellers offer?

Where to you live? if your'e in America it's irrelevant cause it won't work.
If Europe then honorbuy, flosmall, ibuygou etc with free EU shipping.

Germany

>If Europe then honorbuy, flosmall, ibuygou etc

Gearbeast or Aliexpress?

Ali.
Hong Kong goldway has EU shipping. select sellers shipping method.

aliexpress.com/store/311331

Says "Can not ship to Germany" when on the Redmi 4 Pro page?

It sucks living in a sharia country.

try:
honorbuy.com/1000-xiaomi-redmi-4-32gb-smartphone-gray.html

Can I get this version without having to worry about it not being an "international" one?

Also do SD Cards work just fine? Because I'll just get 16GB version and upgrade later..

It's just BS marketing. there's no international version. it has no B20 if you need it in Germany.

You should get the 32GB version anyway because it has 3GB RAM.

>You should get the 32GB version anyway because it has 3GB RAM

Oh thanks, I read about that earlier but didn't make the connection that the 16GB wouldn't have that.

So how much of a bitch would it be to get this phone to work? I don't do awfully specific things, just need a decently running browser and whatsapp.

Do I simply have access to google play?

You might have to flash the global rom if they ship it with an unofficial vendor rom.

If you're not comfortable with that don't buy Xiaomi because all of their phones are like that.

Buy if you ask the install official global rom before buying I think they'll do it and yes it has google play and it's fast enough for whatsapp and all that.

Is MIUI 8 known for having issues with themes? As in: I'll download and apply a theme and it just won't work properly; certain aspects will work, then I'll reboot my phone and things like settings will be completely fucked, regardless of what theme it is. It's either just general problems, or the fact that it's a port for a non-Xiaomi phone.

>MIUI
Exynos Note 4. I have nearly zero options.

>If you're not comfortable with that don't buy Xiaomi because all of their phones are like that.

I'm comfortable with following guides on Linux related shit, doubt this would be much harder? Given I can find guides on it that is.

In regards to shipping an duties - does Air Mail from China include duties? (Because they mention DHL doesn't include it - but they don't mention anything about duties on Air Mail from china)

>Buy if you ask the install official global rom before buying I think they'll do it and yes it has google play and it's fast enough for whatsapp and all that.

In the "Ask the Question" section they say that they will always install Google Play and the newest global ROM.
Is this just chink bs or is this seller usually trustworthy?

It used to be easy with EDL mode but they started locking it in their new phones so now you might have to use a deep flash cable.
en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html

Don't buy from China they have an EU option. with China you 99% get custom taxes so it doesn't matter if shipping is free.

Would you guys recommend the Moto Z Play? Any experiences with it would be appreciated

Honorbuy are good, don't think they'll tamper with it but never hurts to add a message with your order.

I've returned. Out of interest before it comes, what are the actual detriments of the GearBest ROM?

add mate 9

I can grab a new Moto z for $120, should I do it?

I tried to root my s5 Neo and ended up needing to go back into stock firmware. Is it just an easy process and I'm retarded, or is it because virgin don't like rooting and had a shit on my phone?

the nexus 6p i got my sister for her birthday from the amazon july sale has shit the bed with battery life, and shit crashing, even after a sim-less factory reset. she currently has SMS messages she needs to backup on there. what is the best free app for doing so?

I'm going to have to call amazon or someone to get it RMA'd because the thing fucking sucks. I told her to not fall for the nexus meme, but she was whining she wanted it since the "nerd guy said its the best phone in the world" as of last summer.

fucking normies. sorry for blogpost guys, im just tired of dealing with normielife tech problems.

Malware

I think you should
>tfw live in Mexico and prices for the Moto Z won't get lower than 600 dlls

Do the custom ROMs for the axon 7 support Band 12 and VoLTE?

>band 12
Fuck you. Buy Xiaomi or get fucked.

Should I go with a Redmi Note 3 Pro or a Note 4X? I'm leaning towards the 4X due to the better battery life

Fuck no.
I have the RN3P and it's stuck in permanent bootloop due to overheat issues.
I can't do a thing with it.
It has lasted 7 fucking months.
Seriously, avoid chinkshit.

That may be a question for XDA, but I'm pretty sure they do. Otherwise, someone would have complained loud enough already.

Oneplus 3 for $332 with code KIMOVIL3
banggood.com/OnePlus-Three-3-Global-Edition-5_5-Inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-2_2Ghz-4G-Smartphone-p-1063786.html

This.
An user in csg claimed his redmi 3 didn't even last a year.

I took a gamble and bought a Zuk Z2 anyways since its a great deal, but I'll be surprised if it's got the same internal longevity as a flagship mainstream phone.

What can I get for $200-250 that wont shit the bed for a year or two?

What's worse is that the problems I have had have been happening for about 4 months.
Constantly jumping from ROM to ROM because it decided to get stuck in bootloop.
Now, nothing.
I tried the stock ROM, I tried Cyanogen, Nitrogen, LineageOS...
Bootloop in all of them.

I think i'm starting to understand why these phones are so cheap.

Not chinkshit, that's for sure.

>4G: FDD-LTE B1/3/7(1800/2100/2600MHz), TDD-LTE:38/39/40/41
fuck.
if it had B20 i would have bought it.

So i just got Verizon on my Nexus 6p and i have subpar signal. It used to be green2 days ago, now it's orange pic related. I reset network settings but still the same. Any help?

>buy Honor 8 32gb (phone only) for $334 and 1 $5 case
>2 day amazon prime shipping
>package arrives and is bigger than I expected
>open box, see that they gave me 2 cases and the phone bundle (includes extra charger, micro sub to type c adapter and selfie stick)
>happy as fuck cuz I got free stuff
>go to amazon to leave a review
>notice a major price change
>Honor 8 64gb Bundle Edition is now $340
>mfw

Other than that, It's a great phone, definitely better than my ZTE Z959.

looking at a xiaomi redmi note 4 or a redmi pro, anyone on here have one or have ordered one just want to know how it actually performs and what shipping times were like.

Plz respond

>New Zealand
>don't want to spend more than $150USD/200NZD
Xiaomi Redmi 4 4G Smartphone - 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Currently at $186

Is this a good price from Gearbest? will I get chinked? is it a good phone? Should I wait for moto G5
thanks

My mother wants help buying a new phone. Her biggest deciding factor is battery life. Any help? She is on Verizon and her budget is high.

S7 Edge or Moto Z Play

Other than the bootloops, do you think the LG v20 is better than the s7 edge?

Need a phone that can works on Rogers phone network in Canada that has a decent screen, good battery life, and an SD slot. Decent specs to play games woudl be neat.

Budget is 200-450$ Canadian.

I want to rice my phone (lg g3).
I have a problem with the nova launcher, i hate the fact that i cannot double tap to close the screen, is there's a launcher that lets me do that? (Or can i get an apk of full version of nova)

Don't get a 2gb ram phone, it's really not enough these days
Here's Redmi 3S 3GB/32GB for $140 USD aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Redmi-3S-Prime-3GB-32GB-Snapdragon-430-Octa-Core-5-0-Smartphone-4100mAh/32753151515.html

Nova settings - Gestures & Input - Double tap - Screen lock

Redmi 4 Pro is just $10 more
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro

Buy ONLY in places with warranty.
There's nothing that will ensure you the phone will fall apart in the matter of months regarding chinkshit.

The redmi note 4 is comfy. Feels awesome getting 10+ SOT.

Galaxy J7 (2016) or Moto G4 Plus

whats a good samsung phone up to 400 eur

which one, /spg/?

>TRS
neither

Galaxy A5 2017

where's the zuk?

Xiaomi Mi5 32GB CE, 359 eur. yay/nay?

Sorry for linking to plebbit but here's a list of paid icon packs that are on sale for free for a limited time
reddit.com/r/googleplaydeals/comments/5xq0t4/apps_icon_packs_some_icon_packs_free_for_7_days/

CE?

Is there any downsides to the Oneplus 3T? and isn't there supposed to be a new oneplus coming out?

My 7 months old lg g4 just bootlooped finally. so daily reminder anons never buy an lg product even if you find it cheap just like me

that's overpriced, it goes for ~215€

You can get a zuk z2 for like 160 eur.

redmi note 3 pro se
Reccommended roms?
Pref something that lets the fingerprint sensor still work and gets updates

AHAHAHAHA

Good thing I bought Zuk Z2 instead. Redmi Note 3 Pro BTFO

Zuk Z2> Oukitel K6000 Pro>LeEco Le 2 x520>Redmi Note 3 Pro

Waiting for Hatsune Green soft case for Zuk Z2.

Don't you have warranty or something?

i got it from ebay