How long until DDR4 prices recover?

How long until DDR4 prices recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not this year. In fact, it's going to get worse as more and more phones make the switch.

Why in the fuck did they go up? I got 64gb for $250 like 6 months ago. I wanted to grab some more for a Ryzen build just now and it's fucking twice that.

pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/

tl;dr: Smartphones.

Demand>Supply

will it really get worse? not quite there in having enough for my build, and want to wait for r5 to see if i should go kaby lake or r5 1600x.

If demands keeps that high, production will just scale up, thus reducing prices again.
we never saw ddr3 prices spikes because of phones.

DDR4 has gone up? Makes me feel glad for falling for 16GB meme when I did

We only saw Ddr3 spike because of zome stupid factory fire in chingchong memory land. I remember building a PC for a mate, and he paid 1.5x more than I paid for 'worse' ram.

same here desu. I was so tempted to do the "upgrade later" thing rather than just plunk all my money at once.

go thing I bought early

Production doesn't just "scale up" overnight. It'll be a good while before supply is able to meet demand again.

Never.

Just move half of it over to your Ryzen toaster. Like you need 64 gigs anyway.

What made the price go up?

Do you really think the industry would lie to its customers?

Do you really think businessmen would do that?

My mobo isn't compatible with DDR4 anyway

jewry

A gas explosion killed all the DDR4 companies in the world.

Never. Buy NOW. They're going to STABLIZE at the end of the year, but nobody's saying anything about shit going DOWN.

It's a FreeNAS system so I do need it. Also I'm hearing mixed messages if Ryzen supports ECC anyway so it might be a total waste too.

Ryzen does support ECC. It's not certified so they can't advertise it yet, but the hardware support is there.

I've got told a factory or so got burn and that's why general prices (not only RAM) went up.

Is it true?

heh, wow I didn't notice my DDR4 is $40 on Newegg now that when I bought it a little over a year ago, kek.

It's never the case.
The factory did burn down.

RAM manufacturers know what's good and that's high prices.
Long as nobody does the stupid thing and starts producing for cheaper than can keep that going.

>I bought a late-DDR3 motherboard
>No reason to update yet
>See these threads

Feels nice okay

DRAM prices will continue to rise until Q3 2017

In short, buy DDR4 RAM next year.

Just bought 2x16GB.

Fuck it's expensive.

>buy 16GB DDR4 for new build along with new CPU last Thursday
>something's off with the total, but it's 10pm so fuck it
>forget
>memory arrives in the mail
>i bought 2 sets instead of 1
There's a special word for being retarded and not looking carefully before clicking the buy button.

>tfw fell for the 16 GiB DDR4 meme 6 months ago

when collusion by manufacturing companies stops

>they fell for the supply and demand meme
top kek