WTF

It's a 3 YEAR OLD PROCESSOR and it's STILL going up in PRICE.

I thought this shit is supposed to get CHEAPER every year due to Moore's Law.

YOU lied to me Sup Forums how the FUCK am I supposed to get a new LGA 1150 socket CPU NOW!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

with Intel you lose!

I just sold my RMA'd chip for £40 more than I paid initially.

6700k is $60 less here in Canada bud

Hahaha, stupid goy.

It's because it's awesome and worth it senpai, best single thread

And it doesn't have the memelake backdoors, a lesser degree

I always wanted to own one of these.
I said: I'll get it when the next 3 gens come out and it's dirt cheap

Well what do you fucking know...

People on Z97 probably waited to see if Skylake and co. + Ryzen would be worth it, and since the differences so far are pretty minute, probably realized they can just get the beefiest Z97-friendly CPU that still beats/matches recent CPU's to prolong things. I got mine for essentially $100 a year ago after selling my 4770 for $200, so the current $300-ish prices are pretty normal and unchanged

I stayed on an 1100t for 5 years working off of GPU changes only, so I can probably do the same with this

I did that with the server. Decided to get a Pentium at first to upgrade to a Xeon later. An E3 1230v3 is now more expensive used than it was brand new 2-3 years ago.

>product is out of production
>fixed supply
>wonders why prices would go up for something that is no longer made
GEE, COULDN'T IMAGINE

Tech advancements aren't always beneficial, you'd have some case scenarios, the tried and tested solutions make a reference. I'll go as far and say the 4790K is a reference from a generation that leaped on Skylake thereafter.

I bought Haswell when Skylake and DDR4 came out because I loved the arch and didn't want to buy first gens, good choice. That was prior to RAM price build up, X99 board price bonanza so it's all good, I might be getting a Xeon on my next build just cause.

The memelakes really seem like you're some guinea pig for larger enterprise applications. Kaby as much as 4K playback developed just doesn't double down on the advancements, it's lukewarm. I'll go as far and say as Moore's law approaches, the faster we should go instead of milking performance in agonizing stagnation. Alot needs to be done, the hard tech is just not following at the same pace.

well the new one is out these are supposed to be obsolete

Have you ever heard of planned obsolescence

Blame Intel for making the CPU market so fucked up that their old 4c/8t are more competitive than their new ones with no real alternative.

>cpu is not in production anymore
>cpu is one of the best things intel has made in the past years
>still rivals current gen cpus
what are you expecting

You missed an opportunity to get an amazing CPU for a steal deal.

Get 2nd hand 3rd gen, that is the only answer.

Anything newer is throwing money to the garbage.

4790k master race! Got mine running at [email protected]

Hi again. About to sell my 4770k for more than what I paid for it lol

>tfw got my 4790k for $130 back in 2015

Between this and a $120 RX 480, my craigslist is a gold mine.

Got this bad boy with a Giga Z97X-UD5H BLACKED, [email protected]. Best purchase ever. Glad I went fuck all and bought it instead of hunting for 2nd/3rd gen stuffs.