Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1332&t=1969272
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not cartoonhd

What does it do?

The fuck is that.
Anyway, only real must have apps on any phone I get is FDroid, and Clover

You know Kodi + Exodus? It does the same thing but with an Android native UI.

What did they mean by this?

Botnet, just run Kodi with Exodus

It's for ad targeting. Just deny it.

>Ads

You can go with Kodi + addons instead or deal with the ads to use a native Android app

Kodi is a pain to use. I would rather just use popcorn time. Torrent are generally higher quality than some shitty shady Russian streaming sites.

>he doesn't block ads on his apps

>I would rather just use popcorn time. Torrent are generally higher quality than some shitty shady Russian streaming sites.

Um no. The streaming links on Terrarium TV as as good as the ones on Popocorn time or better.

it's way too apparent you're a shill, I've never heard of that shit before, did you make it?

No. Block the ads if you want. I don't give a fuck. It just works.

>using apps with ads in the first place

shit man fucking nice app thanks for the recommendation

why are you so desperate in getting people to use the app you use?
what's the benefit?

Root, for starters. Obviously not an application, but you might as well use iOS if you don't root Android. Use it to the full potential.

SuperSU, Xposed, AdAway, SELinuxModeChanger, and Lucky Patcher to start you off.

SuperSU for root. Xposed to add more power to root, BusyBox or whatever on top of that because some root applications benefit from it, AdAway to be uncucked just delete all the default sources and only use raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts works amazing for me, SELinuxModeChanger because it allows you to prevent the security of Android from messing your stuff up so for example, making applications system ones will actually work. Did this to replace TouchWiz with Nova Launcher forever. Lucky Patcher because, c'mon, don't be stupid.

TerrariumTV is the best at what it does, but it's nothing special. It just gets links from websites to the streams of shows. Certainly better than going to malware ridden sites and helps with AdAway, but it's nothing special. Ehh.

I would suggest:

>F-Droid
Clover, Amaze, etc. can be found here. Good stuff.

>Google Keep
Really amazing for notes, reminders, etc. I love it.

>Pocket Casts
Best for podcasts.

>Chrooma Keyboard
Only one I can find that's good. The others either annoy you too much to be useful or have some type of issue.

>Microsoft Outlook
Best email client, especially if you use it on desktop, too.

>Nova Launcher with TeslaUnread
The best launcher.

>Spotify
Especially if you get the modified one which gives you free music forever. Duh.

That's about it. I'm a boring person with no friends so I don't have much to use my smartphone for.

Is it the same thing as show box?

>>Spotify
>Especially if you get the modified one which gives you free music forever. Duh.

Link?

yes, but its better

You just reminded me to update mine. Here's the final build, they also release betas, but those are pointless.

forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1332&t=1969272

An account is required to search for them, which is why it's difficult to find, but not impossible. Be sure to use an AdBlocker when downloading, obviously, but I've found UploadOcean.com is the "safest" meaning it doesn't try pop-ups or spam unlike the others.

Been using it for months and it works fine. Only physical difference is the addition of the skip button which I believe is stupid, but everything else works. Aside from downloads.

Don't do this. Nowadays rooting has more cons than pros.

If you're not autistic that is.

Found the cuck

Oh good, I already had an account there. Thanks for not giving a shady link.

Explain?

You control your phone. Period. You can brick it if you feel like it too. It's better than giving your carrier the control with the bloatware it pre-installs. Which BY THE WAY, is installed as a system application. Meaning it can do anything it wants. Such as popping up on top of everything to try and sell you some stupid service upgrade. Fuck you T-Mobile.

There are no cons. This is in respect to root, not installing a custom ROM or bootloader. That's your problem at that point. Just make sure to have a popular phone that people care to root. My Samsung Galaxy S7 has been bricked like nine times, on purpose, but was able to be recovered using Smart Switch. Even recovered it at one point where Android wouldn't even boot. Just had the broken android on its back with a red triangle thing. And at one point it was so bad that it just said CONNECT TO SMART SWITCH and nothing else worked. All you need is the serial number and model number. Unless, of course, you're able to boot into Android. Then it can do it automatically for you.

Root is amazing. Do not use Android without it. Get iOS. You're just hurting yourself in the long run. Nothing is going to happen as long as you don't allow root access to unknown sources. Funny enough... Most "malware" can be prevented with AdAway. Even "bad" applications because that's how they work. Unless you give them root access, duh. It's a great feeling to be able to use Google Chrome without worry.

Nothing can touch you. Even if it manages to open a new tab pop-up, who cares? The connection will refuse anyways. Great experience. I can't go back just for AdAway alone. Not to mention you can get any application free. Granted this doesn't require root, but Lucky Patcher helps too.

Do I need to root for this to work?

My bank app doesn't work on rooted devices, for instance.
Blocking ads is good but you blocking from the router is better.

And btw, I've had my phones rooted for many years. Now with my new one I didn't because of the banking app and because I'm too old to bother with ricing the phone.

Yes.

There are alternatives for non-root users, but AdAway is a bigger deal than it seems. I'm sure you've heard many root users praise it. It's a very very big deal. It's system wide. Which by the way, if I recall correctly, allowed me to use Spotify without modifying it because it blocks everything and Spotify will just continue playing if it doesn't detect that it can load an ad. However, I use the modified one because it gives more features.

For non-root, you can use a VPN that needs to be on anytime you want to block ads. This means you'll get a constant notification and a little key in the notification bar. There are open source ones, DNS66(?), but they take up a lot of resources, as VPNs do, and it's just a hacky way to do it. I'd rather just use Firefox with uBlock, which is what I did pre-root.

I currently have Amaze, Clover, and NewPipe from F-Droid. Once I root my phone, I'll get AdAway.

In the meantime, what are the best apps on F-Droid that don't require root?

you got it bud

TubeMate
Wifi Kill
Dsploit
Intercepter-NG

no

It says:

>credits MrDude

Where does MrDude release the modified Spotify first?

>do not use android without root
Your maturity is really showing
SafetyNet killed root. Fucking apps left and right are using it. It's just a matter of time.

I used Android since the Magic, and this Galaxy Note 7 is the only phone I have unrooted. Just for the simple fact that my daily driver depends on apps that implement SafetyNet.

see the wiki

Can anyone else not start threads with Clover anymore? I need a Sup Forums app on Android.

>It's not clovers fault you dumbfuck. Chinese Moot made it so that you can't make new threads with ReCaptcha v1. You can use the new ReCaptcha in clover by enabling it in the advance settings.
I posted this in another thread.
What bank do you have? My device is rooted and my banking app works fine.

>Chrooma Keyboard
Only one I can find that's good. The others either annoy you too much to be useful or have some type of issue.

The other day I installed Blackberry's keyboard and now i'm trying to find excuses to type on my phone because of how good it feels.

Anyway to not have to swap between legacy and new captcha every time you want to start a thread?

Wait until Floens patches Clover to do that automagically

>What is Magisk Manager with Magisk Hide and safetynet pass?

Exodus + real debrid is the way to go
I would rather use quasar Kodi add-on than shitty popcorn time

Botnet

Holy shit. Give a fucking tldr. Faggot.

does something like this exist for pc?

Autism.

semen demon who?

If I use something like newpipe on a non-rooted phone (i have a G4 and i'm scared of bricking) can google outright catch me? Can they do anything to me?

You can freely install apps from unknown sources (in settings). Download F-Droid and get NewPipe from there.

What's the advantage of using this over using AdAway? It didn't asked for root permission and I don't see what the "extra features" are. It still doesn't seem to give me full access to all the premium features.

>TerrariumTV
What's the difference between TerrariumTV and ShowBox?

I think showbox uses torrents just like popcorn time.

Basically a native implementation alternative to alluc.ee . Cool, thanks.

>TerrariumTv Edition
I have showbox
Is kinda the same no ?

well, says that it uses torrents just like popcorn time.

2bh I stopped using ShowBox because it sometimes doesn't load videos and was a bit buggy at times.

I use solarmovie sc (with adblock because it's impossible to watch without it) and it's alright

is Xposed even on 7.0+ yet?

last time I checked it wasn't so there isn't much a of a reason for me to root my 6p considering that's like half the point.