Linux Music Players THAT ARE'T MPD BASED

Something with a GUI please.

Tried Amarok but it constantly freezes while loading my library.

Just learn the terminal you brainlet

I updated to Xubuntu 16.04 and my configs no longer work, I've been using ncmpcpp for so long I want to try something new.

Anything other than Guayadeque is a waste of time.

>spent hours getting this retarded shit to work
>fucking finally
>its the exact same shit but it lacks a GUI

what exactly is the advantage?

more pic related

Not him, but the advantage of terminal is that it can be easily leveraged from custom scripts and can also be used over ssh. Additionally, CLI applications require less system resources, which can be benefitial for low end computers.

That being said, MPD is shit for anything other than using your phone as a remote to play music on your computer.

Same shit happened to me, ncmpcpp freezes my entire Xserv

just stick to CMUS

I had a foobar config that looked like that years, and 4 computers ago.

feels comfy.

deadbeef. it's great.

Spotify

Ignore hipster retard, CLI music players are strictly for greybeards.

Are you fucking retarded? Deadbeef
/thread

VLC? MPV?

GENETICALLY

lollypop is really good

Linux doesn't have music players. Linux is a kernel.

You do realize MPD has GUI frontends?
>what is cantata

gmusicbrowser
exaile
rhythmbox
banshee
audacious

this.

Quod Libet

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I've always used mpd+ncmpcpp but on my new computer I figured I don't need the streaming/remote control capabilities of mpd so I went with cmus. I used it for a couple of months until my library grew and contained a lot of compilations. Artist/Album view wasn't cutting it any more because I had a lot of artists with only one song. I couldn't find a way to sort by Album or have a list of Albums to choose from.

Then I tried Audacious and DeaDBeeF but I didn't like that they were a little more than playlist editors. Rhythmbox, Amarok and Banshee were out of the question cause they're over 300Mb and a music player need not be so bloated.

I use Quod Libet on my laptop, but I couldn't use that because I didn't want to pull in a bunch of xfce dependencies just for a music player.

I'm back to mpd+ncmpcpp and I can't be happier. It's light, simple and feature-full. Most important of all, it just works. Those who can't or refuse to use it fon't know what they're missing out on.

Fucking this, glorious piece of software.

>Linux doesn't have music players. Linux is a kernel.
Actually, what he's referring to as Linux IS just Linux you neckbeard.