Redpill me on the difference between Ryzen R7 1700 and R7 1700X, is it worth the 70$ price and 30W TDP difference?

Redpill me on the difference between Ryzen R7 1700 and R7 1700X, is it worth the 70$ price and 30W TDP difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen1700-oc&num=1
swiftech.com/APD2-AMD-KIT.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go back to the video games board you moron

There are literally dozens of reviews that do this. Fuck off forever.

Don't buy Ryzen, it's horrible

Go back to Sup Forums

>Ryzen 7 1700
>super slow base frequency

Go back to /lgbt/

Where did OP mention anything about video games you retards?

>16 Game average (1080p)
>average fps, higher better

I will not but Jewtel

No. Essentially they're all the exact same chip with different factory frequencies.

You can easily turn the 1700 into a stock 1800x just with multiplier OC, don't even have to mess with voltages or anything else.

Plus the 1700 comes with a cooler. Basically there's absolutely no reason to buy the 1700x or the 1800x

>GAMES
what are you, 12?

>Redpill me on the difference between Ryzen R7 1700 and R7 1700X
400MHz is the difference, not really worth it in my opinion. Unless you plan on playing games

$0.02 has been deposited in your account, Ramesh.

Lower clocks. That's literally it, there's no point in buying 1700x or 1800x.
I'd advise purchasing 1700, a decent motherboard and a capable cooler (Noctua NH-D15 is great, but you'll need custom mounts for this platform, you can get them free of charge). You should be able to push the CPU to 3900-4000Mhz.

1700 might OC just as well, maybe very slightly worse or better

>1700
>Slow base freq
>Comes with 212 Evo equivalent
>People have gotten it to 4.1 on air
>People have gotten it a little higher than that on water
>People have hit 5.8 on LN2

>R7 1700
shit
>R7 1700X
shit with X

>R7 1700
Best new workstation processor at its price point.
>R7 1700X
1700 clocked higher, with no cooler, more expensive and a bit more XFR

XFR is a meme

Why are Intelfags so insecure?

Considering it has double the cores, this looks absolutely gorgeous

they pay more for an equivalent product and feel the need to justify it to avoid embarrassment

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-ryzen1700-oc&num=1

this one seems to overclock really well, maybe he got a good unit but he got basically the performance of the 1800x when overclocked

I suppose you're rending 4k video and recompiling your kernel all the time ? This "brofessional wörkstadium" meme needs to fucking die. None of you faggots actually needs these benefits, you were talking about gaymen constantly when you still thought Ryzen wouldn't be another Bulldozer and the only reason you're bringing it up now is to hide how hard you were BTFO.

What AM4 board should I get that works correctly with an AM3 cpu water cooling block
swiftech.com/APD2-AMD-KIT.aspx
with that mount

and actually works?

I just cancelled my asus ROG crosshair IV or w/e the fuck cuz apparently it's shit

I bought a 1700 and am really enjoying it. I haven't overclocked extensively with it, but I've gotten it to run at 3.7 stable at 1.275v. I haven't tried lowering the voltage or increasing frequency, but I'm sure I could make it more efficient.

Temps don't exceed 66c in p95, using the stock cooler.

You could have bought a Kaby Lake and be running ~5Ghz at 1.35.

Enjoy your overpriced, underperforming CPOO

R7 1700 easily overclocks to 3.9GHz and reliably pulls off 4.0GHz. If you're lucky, you'll get it to 4.1GHz-4.2GHz.

It performs exactly the same as the 1800X if you push it to those frequencies.

Maybe he wants 8 cores :^)

>implying frequency matters more than anything else

The sacrifice of a few frames in vidji for an overall quality of life improvement is worth it for me.

Also, it sure will be nice to know that my socket won't be dead in two years :^)

>le ryzen is workstation meme
It was never advertised as such, and you are using it just as a shitty excuse to admit that the processor is trash. The 7700k beats it in most practical scores as well anyway, while being fucking cheaper.