Ryzen is Good at 1440p They Said

AMD Ryzen 1800X is $500 and gets beat by a $240 Intel i5-6600K

Ryzen - Twice the Price, Half the Performance

Other urls found in this thread:

ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2010/08/100804inteldo_0.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=j7UBHjtCXhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1264
hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/01/18/1848252/amd-rips-biased-and-unreliable-intel-optimized-sysmark-benchmark
techspot.com/review/1348-amd-ryzen-gaming-performance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lol AMD is dead

I guess the shills are back on the clock..

>muh COARS!
>barely beats a fucking i3
With AMD you always lose.

>Game Average
Just how stupid do you think I am?

And has the same performance as the 5960X! What's your point ?

+10 points have been added to your AMD Red Team Account

3 years later.

>6600K is 1 (one) fps faster than 1800X
>WHOPPING ONE FRAME PER SECOND

you could halfway fart across the room and it would make a bigger difference
meanwhile even a 1700 non-X is way faster in multi-threaded applications

also, it's pretty funny how anything even remotely related to gaming was immediately pointed to Sup Forums, and now gaming is all you shills talk about

>With AMD you always lose.

Truth

>Ryzen is Good at 1440p They Said
No, they said the GPU is the bottleneck at 1440p and above, which is why almost all the CPUs get the exact same score, because the CPU is no longer the bottleneck at those resolutions.

Look at the prices.

You could buy 2 6600Ks for the price of 1 Ryzen, it's sad

>meanwhile even a 1700 non-X is way faster in multi-threaded applications

what part of this you can't parse
if all you do is gaming, by all means go with 6600K

Very stupid

Shut Up!
AdoredTV has a video out explaining how AMD won and Intel is finished! And that guy is independent and not biased, unlike everyone else.
He reckons Ryzen will be better in 5 years, just like the FX, suck on that Intelcucks.

He's right you know

>3 years later, still the same price.

AHAHAHAHA

AdoredTV is the biggest AMD shill in the universe

But he is right

6600K is half the cost you donkey.

Ryzen doesn't just suck at gaming, it sucks at nearly everything

I don't think AdoredTV has ever been right his entire life

So between 6900K and 1700X, the difference is 6%.

A $1000 vs $400, 150% difference in price

Why are people so upset about ~6% difference?

>literally a difference of 13fps
gaymen is a cancer

Of course, afterall AMD released nothing between the last Phenom and Ryzen.
Obviously then there was no point in dropping prices, until now.

Why would you even think about getting the 6900K

Get the 7700K, it's way better

Then look at the price difference

You pay twice as much for Ryzen, for worse performance

So Intel took advantage of you for 3 years and you're okay with that because it's Intel.

Let me rephrase it - Intel took advantage of the market conditions because their only competitor did jack shit.

I don't get that video. According to him it's a good idea to get Ryzen because in 5 years it might be marginally better than the worst Intel processor at that time.

>SYSMark

ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2010/08/100804inteldo_0.pdf

You know they're using Intel only optimizations right? AMD took Intel to court over it and FCC even forced Intel to label products with such vendor only "optimizations" to be labeled as such.

>muh gaymen benchmarks
you have to go back
ryzen is the best value for compiling gentoo software, which is all we really care about here

Why would people even buy 8c16t CPU?

I can't imagine such a situation where having such a CPU would be advantageous over 4c8t CPU.

You pay somewhere around 4x as much for the equivalent Intel 8 core

>but that's different because its Intelâ„¢

It's called damage control.
And it's working, /r/AMD is already sucking him off something fierce.

he is not shilling

he is supporting amd because amd is the more gamer friendly company with better buisness practices

AMD vs Intel shills are out of control!

VIA master race!

Low res benchmarks aren't an indication of future CPU bottlenecks when your programs aren't taking advantage of all threads available.

Any Reviewer that use other than window 10

Have you seen how much better the minimums are in gaming bench marks? That's one reason.

I also like virtual machines on one monitor while the host is on another. Lots of cores helps spread the load around. Compiling on one machine, rendering on another.

And most software coming out benefit from more cores and threads.

OK then where is the label on sysmark's website?

I see nothing, they even state it works fine with AMD processors

Sounds like bullshit

>he is not shilling
>more gamer friendly company with better buisness practices
Like lying through their teeth every time they launch something?

AdoredTV is a complete retard, do not watch that shit, it will only make you dumber

where did they lie?

Do you have to clock in on a machine somewhere that monitors your shit posting to get paid?

Or do you just send screen caps and call it a day?

>amd is the more gamer friendly company

You can't be serious

AMD just released a CPU that costs twice as much as the equivalent Intel and has worse gaming performance

It's actually ten dollars cheaper.

>3 FPS off the CPU it directly competes with, the 6900X
>All well over 60 FPS anyway

Wow AMD is finished it's over poo in loo lol

Don't you shills get tired of posting this garbage?

>Have you seen how much better the minimums are in gaming bench marks?

Are you blind? The minimums are right there in the OP picture, Intel wins that too with a fucking 4 core.

Hmm, the pre-release BF1 benchmarks? The pre-release Sniper Elite benchmarks?
Guys we're so much faster! Let me just stare at the sky here, so pretty!
Also the whole fiasco with them telling review sites to bench in GPU bottlenecked situations is hillarious, is typical AMD dishonest marketing.
And then:
>XFR
>overclocker's dream!
Remeber Fury X?

the ryzen 8 core cpu is for content creators and streamers.

anyone who's seriously considers a 16 thread monster processor for optimised gaming conditions is a retard

also optimisation documents has just spread after the GDC so optimisation will only get better from now for the new microarchitecture of zen across the board.

youtube.com/watch?v=j7UBHjtCXhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1264

hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/01/18/1848252/amd-rips-biased-and-unreliable-intel-optimized-sysmark-benchmark

AMD may make a case against them, there's already the suspicion but they can simply denounce them and make the information widely accepted just as well. They also probably can't a long drawn lawsuit like last time.

AMD already quit the BAPco (SYSMark) organization over this in 2011. And they took Intel to court for this anti-trust case.

6900K is more expensive and it's slower than 7700K :DD
lel >muh cores
Intelfags btfo'd!! XDDD

no, wait, something's wrong here

AMD made such a huge mistake releasing the 8-core parts first. Of course they have lower single-core performance than 4-cores. Of course this was going to happen.

>gayming
Back to your manchild shithole

>the ryzen 8 core cpu is for content creators and streamers.

I don't understand this argument. Why not just use cheap i5 K with quicksync + obs to stream?

No it's not, for every single Ryzen CPU that got released, there is a cheaper and faster Intel CPU

Take the cheapest Ryzen 1700 ($330) and it gets beat by an Intel i5-6600K ($240).

Ryzen has truly horrible price-performance, they are scamming the shit out of you

I'm sorry? In what games? Is this even done with the updated BIOS?

Then you look.at the delta that favors Ryzen, and it offers a more consistent, more stable system.

I'm sorry you need to validate your epeen.

No, you go out with your top dog first and Ryzen 7 pretty much quaked Broadwell-E market. Upcoming 4 and 6 core parts won't have higher freqs than 8 core parts due to silicon hitting the wall.

>gaymen
you know some people have to render, and do professional work on their computers? you know the kind of stuff that actually uses more than 1 core

Oh boy, thanks Gamers Nexus, your bitter commentary is noted.

remember 3,5gb? gpu breaking drivers? remember proprietary shit just to worsen competitional performance? gsync for licensed scaler standard which can also be done for free as in freesync? remember intel compiler hoax? remember buying international markets to only sell their processor?

i can understand that amd wants reviewers also to showcase a more realistic scenario where cpu doesn't matter that much, but recording and streaming does as well. hence why they showed this in their showroom

about your statements? where did amd ever say the fury x is a overclockers dream?

what about XFR? XFR is an extraboost which is enabled through the extra sensory on zen without sacrifice in power. if you wanna do extreme clocks, you can manually do it yourself if you're not retarded.

Games are listed in their review, it's 16 different games averaged together: techspot.com/review/1348-amd-ryzen-gaming-performance/

Yes they have the latest BIOS update too

How can Ryzen possibly be more stable when Intel gets better minimum FPS

>8 ACTUAL (as in not shit bulldozer-style modules) cores
>16 threads
>$330

truly shit price-performance

>you go out with your top dog first

If this is AMD's top dog they are finished

Their comment about GPU parallelization has brought out one of the most retarded and ill-informed shitposters of this board.

Yes because we all know the more cores your CPU has the faster it is

1. most games are optimised to only 8 threads, hence smt off yields higher benches on ryzen

2. ryzen is not yet 100% optimised for any single game yet

There's a lot of advantages to this approach. The market for $300-$500 CPUs is a lot smaller than

>The average data above is not meant to be conclusive

End of thread.

points in graph mean nothing until you draw a line through all the points
16 average tables are useless or avg vs min 1% also pointless for CPU benchmarking
because it has no time relations, it's jsut point in time
7700K can go from 100fps to 140 every 20ms which makes averages very high
ryzen can stay 100-110fps which makes averages low but gameplay smooth

same goes for GPUs, modern journalism sucks

Tell that 6950x. CPU market is bigger than butthurt children.

when they're utilized properly, yes.

if all you do is gaming then indeed anything above 4 cores is a meme

You forgot to add the rest of it

"it does represent where Ryzen stands in raw gaming performance."

They did this for gaymer beta test the cpu before releasing real deal. [spoiler] Naples [spoiler]

>most games are optimised to only 8 threads, hence smt off yields higher benches on ryzen
there is deeper much more technical reason for that

2c per (You), as long as it works we keep doing it.

It's not just gaming

Horee sheet.

I have no words for how wrong they are.

Does that mean Intel is scamming itself with their 6600K beating 7700K or the 6900K or 6950K?

Wew

Is this on W10? If so, fuck off. Rebench on W7.

Think of it this way: why would you get a 6950X for gaming? Same thing with Ryzen 7. Wait for Ryzen 5 when the price/performance ratio is far better.

You should not buy a 6900K for gaming for the same reason you should not buy a Ryzen for gaming

You could make better money and keep your dignity sucking homeless a dudes dick behind a McDonalds.

>best r7
>10FPS bellow the 7700k
Absolutely fucking pathetic.

>why would you get a 6950X for gaming?
assuming infinite money, for smoothness effect
drops are almost non existent or very small on 10core or xeons

>he thinks Intel are the shills

AMD literally pays people to post:

>photoshop

Don't show percentages, show some fucking numbers. Percentages are useless in this case. Also, again it's very close to the 6900K except in one test, and again we don't have actual numbers, just percentages.

>No, this doesn't reflect real-life gaming scenarios for a high-end GPU today when you'll likely be gaming at higher resolutions and with a certain level of GPU bottleneck, but it does represent where Ryzen stands in raw gaming performance.

So.the author talks in circles?

It's not a real life gaming scenario, it's not meant to be conclusive, but it's the final word in gaming performance?

You'll have to come up with someone who has graduated high school for me to take their review seriously.

>AMD literally pays people to post
Intel literally lost 5 cases in court about this

this gets me really hyped about the upcomign 1600X!

Gotta love AMDtard excuses, they try to pull every one in the book

Last resort is:

muhmuhmuh benchmark is fake!

Let's see, do all the other reviews show the same thing?

Yes they do!

I guess all the reviews are fake and paid off by Intel!

LMAO

>Intel is scamming itself
>trust_no_one_not_even_yourself.jpg

g-gaymers are manchildren!!

photoshop is optimised for intel compiler for how long now?

Is Chrome optimized for Intel also?