In 2024 we will have ~200GB of vram on gpus

in 2024 we will have ~200GB of vram on gpus.

what the fuck will the games look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-24-why-killzone-shadow-fall-is-almost-40gb-it-used-to-be-290
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also in 2007 someone would tell you that in 10 years you will have 11GB of vram.

there are infinite functions that could go through the 3 points that are the 780, 980 and 1080

>3
>6
>11

wat?

There is no 1180 Ti

Volta will be 2080 Ti with up to 16GB of GDDR6 or HBM2 for consumer cards, 32GB for Quadro & Tesla

What about the 3D ram? Any news?

Dimishing returns will start to hit in a few years. Maybe 50GB of vram will be the peak of return/performance

And DPi will be the biggest limitation to evolution in graphics,

That said. You could have a near infinite numer of partices, phisics, textures and such render at the same time in a 300" 20K screen and not even 200GB will be enough

4K definition

wat wat in the butt.

breddy gud.

Won't mean shit unless we can do miles of ray tracing at 120fps @ 4K res.

There was a PS4 game with 180GB of textures, if I remember
was a huge number like that
So Carmack can be right, once again, giga textures are the future!

Like this

>"I think at some point the disc image that we were generating was around 180 gigs," said van der Leeuw. "And if we would have put all the levels in, which we didn't, because then the disc image generator broke, it would have been around 290 gigs of data.
>"So we had to completely re-architect how we deal with data. And we did a lot of work - this is actually something I'm extremely proud of - to optimise our disc access pattern. Sony made special libraries for us because we were the first ones hitting these sort of problems. I think it's something that a lot of people will need to be doing in future."
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-24-why-killzone-shadow-fall-is-almost-40gb-it-used-to-be-290

sure bud. in the nineties i remember thinking, gee... i can't wait to have 10GHz processors with 1TB of RAM

When will we get effective VR glasses that aren't bulky and has proper neural interface?

2050?

What does ti stand for?

We'll complain that even the most expensive hardware can't push 8K @ 240 FPS and fanboys will shitpost that the other company is finished and bankrupt because $2000 hardware has a 0.0001% difference in benchmarks.

VRAM scales mostly with resolution. You use more VRAM naturally as you up the resolution, and devs use better textures which increases the amount as well. We're seeing spikes in VRAM usage up to 6GB now because devs are trying to make sure their games look ok at 1440p and 2160p.

Titanium

At 1080p you already need a pretty big amount of VRAM nowadays. Even 4GB is hardly cutting it.

Did you miss your Nvidia basic math class?

> 4 GB = 3.5 GB
> 11 GB = 3 * 3.5 GB

>AMD Vega = 512TB 2017