Spectre x360

Wtf I love HP now. I thought they were shit Sup Forums

>bends like a piece of shit
>completely underpowered
>extremely flimsy

>but it's literally as thin as a knife so it's THE BEST!!!!!

No you're thinking of the MacBook

That HP is actually incredibly engineered

It's literally the same as applelshit. Doesn't even have any useful ports.

>it bends so it's bad.

Your second point is valid but you sound like a retard.

Also it runs a ULV, not some nigger tier Atom. What exactly are you upset about, other than the price? The lack of a 4 core? No shit, it's an ultra-portable.

>implying it's a good thing that you can bend the whole bottom including the system baord

It has USB -A and TB3, what more do you honestly need?

Just.. don't bend it?

Would you prefer it cracked instead of bending? I don't think you understand that bending is an upside. It means the chassis and board CAN bend, versus snapping in half.

>that bezel

If I apply enough pressure I can bend anything user :^)

What an idiot lying because he cant afford one

>Just.. don't bend it?
Too bad it happens automatically if you pick it up the "wrong" way

Is it good or bad?

I have to pick up my laptop at an angle if I grab it via the screen bezel to make sure it stays straight, otherwise I risk snapping a hinge, or worse, the LCD.

You're failing to understand that you're describing an upside. If my laptop could bend without breaking something, that is a positive.

>consumer laptop

Memesters would say no but it makes it easier to operate when it's in tablet mode.

So whats the catch? I'm incredibly dubious of HP consumer shit. Theres always something that completely ruined it for me.

It looks really nice (if you manage to ignore the fact that those fuckers put a 16:9 screen in a 16:10 lid, again, like all the fucking time at every mfg besides fucking appleā€¦) and it's powerfull enough for what it does.

But I'm not convinced about it's longevity. With HPs reputation for good cooling systems, I'm not sure if an ultrathin system is a good idea.

also, while bending is better than breaking, NOT bending and NOT breaking is even better!

Plus, bending feels weird. I have a X1, and it just totally does not feel solid or trustworthy, like my X200 and X70 did. And it certainly does not feel "premium".

>those hinges

Junk.
Full body hinges or nothing, fuck these Compaq imitations race to the bottom

I'm not impressed; still worse than an x1 carbon or 2015 MacBook pro in every measurable way

They still are. Just because it looks nice, doesn't mean the quality is there.

Elaborate. Besides higher color gamut, trackpad and OSX what does the MacBook do better?

Then why do people buy MacBooks

>Better processor
>Better GPU
>Better company support
>Better multiple OS compatibility
>More ports
>Longer battery life
>16:10 aspect ratio
>Better keyboard
Probably better build quality too

>no mechanism to make the keyboard disappear in tablet mode

Where does it bend? I've never seen that but I would like to
It has a 7500U and no GPU (obviously). The 7500U is really really capable. It doesn't match the 50w quad cores in multithread sure, but it's extremely powerful, has a nice igpu and at only 15w and two fans, it rarely if ever throttles from heat
>Having stiff hinges and a mounting system that doesn't break in a month under an inch of lower bezel
>Having the webcam and microphone in the correct position under the top 1/2 inch bezel
>practically no side bezels
At least there's good excuses
My friend always picks up my Spectre from the very corner, wiggling it up and down and it pisses me off, but nothing has even come close to happening, it is an aluminum unibody btw, kinda tough to bend the main shell of it anyways
The battery life is not better actually the Spectre fucking wrecks the MacBook (and basically all comparable Windows ultrabooks) in battery life
The build quality is more or less the same, the aluminum unibody was the trick for Apple and now manufacturers are copying it, for good reason

>better processor
Nope still the same kaby lake
>better GPU
Assuming we're talking about the 13 inch they both have the Intel 620 integrated graphics
>better company support
My experience with Apple has been atrocious
>better multiple OS compatibility
This varies greatly between devices but ok
>more ports
They're both dongle mode
>longer battery life
Nope
>16:10
I'll give you that
>better keyboard
Absolutely not, the Spectre has one of the best laptop keyboards on the market, objectively better than any MacBook keyboard

>uses anecdote as evidence
>brings up other devices when clearly talking about one vs one other
>>>longer battery life
>>nope
>subjective opinion given as objective fact
shill please go

What makes the Spectre keyboard one of the best?
I like the activation force on mine, but after that first push it turns into squishy pudding. I assume all thin/light laptop keyboards are shitty and I assume all 2-in-1 keyboards would be extremely shitty
I've never used another laptop that didn't at least have scissor switches, what makes the Spectre's "good"?
Because it's "acceptable" for me with its pleasant activation force being the only saving grace

>complaining about anecdotes in a topic based on anecdotes
Ok

But I'll bite, there's enough known about the newest iteration of Spectre to actually compare OS compatibility at the moment m, but from what I've heard it's a superb lincucks machine.

As for battery life the Spectre has up to 15 hours to the MacBooks 10 hours

And if we're debating keyboards I'd be hard pressed to find someone who prefers mushy, tightly spaced keys to a keyboard that has decent travel distance and higher activation force providing increased tactile feedback

See above

It's still a laptop keyboard so it's not going to be ideal, but for a laptop this size it's impressive

Is the 15" variant the only good ultra-portable that is >13" around?

If it's greater than 15" then it's not ultraportable
But I do believe there might be better options than the Spectre if you are set on 15", but I haven't looked into it much

The 15 inch isn't what I'd call ultra-portable as it's quite heavy. Now the only good portable 15 inch convertible laptop then maybe. If you don't need or want the tablet functionality just get the XPS 15 or (god forbid) a MacBook

But can it run Crysis?

>gaming on an ultrabook

That's why I asked, I want to know
I'm tired of the shit video quality from streaming Steam from my desktop (and my 6600k alone can barely hold up both gaymen and streaming from the desktop side)
Surely that cinebench score means I can run games at 900p on minimum settings for 30fps right?
Right now the only game I have physically installed on my Spectre runs fine at 60fps but it also looks like early-2000's counterstrike

I just want a convertible with a >13" display with high color accuracy that has good processing power and at least 16GB of memory, and the latest 15" x360 seems to fit my description but the ultra-wide trackpad seems a bit unwieldy/atrocious.

Also, it would be perfect if the industry follows-on the 3:2 aspect-ratio meme any time soon.

I like the fact that it's huge, I actually much prefer the extra space now (but maybe that's because it's not exact-accurate for pinpoint mousing)
But I also bought a meme flattening Bluetooth mouse to slip in the laptop sleeve too so that's just not a problem for me
I don't know about 15" but I haven't seen a single 13" laptop with over 75% sRGB

Well the 15 inch version is probably right up your alley then. It's on the heavy side but that's about the only complaint I have about it besides being a 15 inch laptop lacking a true quad core CPU but as of right now there's not a single convertible on the market that has one.

The quad cores are 45 watts and the 15w U series is just about caught up to them
From a manufacturers standpoint it just seems like common sense to have 30% less multicore performance and gain 70% power savings in a thin and light laptop
At least until coffee lake ULV CPUs (which should be in consumer laptops in 2017)

Good point. You can't really go wrong with the 15 inch variant, it's pretty highly praised

Even my atom baytrail tablet can run it, it just gets hot

Is there a way to convert "43 fps" in cinebench to possible gaymen performance? I don't want to spend 5 hours downloading a 50GB game just to find out it won't even open
I saw a video about playing Fallout 4 720p 30fps smoothly on a 7500U, but unfortunately my upgraded-Windows-8 OS wouldn't let it open and I haven't downloaded it since I did a fresh install

Best aesthetic design of any laptop
macfags on suicide watch