You

You.
All of you faggots on this board.

Get back to Sup Forums.

how do you go out to the cloud?

What is the point of that shitty setup? Literally all of that can be done using one semi decent server

Sysadmin having fun.

this.

dumb anime poster

fun things are fun.

>running Gentoo VMs on a Windows server

post the original top left pic please

search the archives by image md5 and you'll probably find it.

>not using a pile of VMs
我敬你一杯漂白水。

>2010

Nostalgia. I miss neo-old Sup Forums.

I wish there were more sysadmin/netadmin places. programming gets all the hype.

i wish i could into sysadmin stuff

If you've got a CPU capable of VTx you can get started right now. If you have Windows, install the Hyper-V role. If you have Linux, install QEMU. Memory constrained? Good. The sooner you stop relying on a GUI, the better off you'll be and you can do more with your hardware since nothing bloats a server like a GUI.

chinese cartoons suck and i hate them

Not the same guy but...
For a guy who already has his system installed, (FreeBSD in my case), what would be the next step to actually start doing sysadmin stuff? I don't have no users, and I'm on a shitty netbook that does not have a need for SSH.
Where could I start? thanks.

Depends what kind of sysadmin you wanna do and where you live.

I manage a ton of small to medium businesses with my work, if you wanna do anything like that, you'll need experience with networking and wangblows server.
e-mail is very good to know, run yourself an imap/smtp/pop server, learn exchange and active directory if you can find a wangblows box.
Our business throws out tons of old servers (wiped) and laptops, find a ton of shitty computers wherever you can for cheap, scrounge a switch from somewhere and scrounge something like an ML350 G4 server (we just threw out like 10), try places like your local tip, say anything to get in (I say I'm just after keyboards) and take what you can. (Don't be a cunt though, wipe the disks before you start) and build yourself a little network, pretend you're 10 people and log in as them, pretend some are sharing systems, invent needs for all them and play sys admin, from there all you gotta do is convince someone to hire you, I just hung around local businesses and talked to the sys admins there till one took me on.

This is all provided you've somewhere to live and set it up though, if you don't have that, just try and google how to get all that done.

Good luck!

Start at the network level. If your router handles DHCP and DNS and you have a device that can be up 24/7, start making a DHCP server VM and a DNS server VM (or containers), and stop using your consumer grade router. They're actually pretty terrible at DHCP and DNS although you won't realize it until later, so just avoid the hassle and do it now.

You can get a 1 year Veeam license for free, just renew it every year, so make a VM to run Veeam so you have backups of your shit somewhere in case one of your VMs shits the bed.

USE CHECKPOINTS. Routers can be powered off and on again but if DHCP dies because you fucked up it's going to be PANICPANICPANIC until you get it back up.

Once the boring stuff is done, (or before, do whatever you want), have some fun and set up a Plex VM or a Bitcoin Node or whatever you find interesting.

Thanks, I'll try that stuff out. Here in my city there are new stores that sell old computers, they have thinkcentres which shouldn't be too expensive, I'll see if I can afford one and put up a server.
My ISP router does such ass at the DNS (it drops regularly).
One thing I would like to do is network analysis, you know, stuff with tcpdump and the like.
I've been reading TCP IP Illustrated, but so far all I've done is use my netbook as a bridge for a laptop that has no wireless driver.

Is that a puddle of urine?

Hah, pretty impressive OP. My setup is just a bunch of raspis + a router.

Are you using any config management for your setup?

Uhh, I think your loli peed it's pants.

Astute observation.