Dell P991 UltraScan Trinitron

Give me a reason why the Dell P991 UltraScan Trinitron (2001) is not the best CRT ever created.

>Protip: You can't.

ok gramps keep telling yourself that. enjoy your eye cancer

>CRT

>2001

By 2001, many CRT monitors emitted less microwave radiation than in the past. Either way, as long as your face is not pressed up against the screen, you're not going to have any negative effects on your health.

Enjoy your dimming.

Actually the screen is not bad at all. I picked mine up from a thrift store for ten dollars while searching for a cheap, reliable monitor. I'm fond of CRT's, so when I found it I was super excited. It's currently in storage while I get the proper cables to connect it. I tested it at a friend's home on his computer and it worked perfectly. I'm surprised the cathode ray's have survived so long.

I have a genuine Sony GDM fw900, that can do much higher then even 1920x1200 and is the only 16:10 crt monitor in the world

Sup Forums is jelly,

This is best CRT monitor. Has a useful modern resolution and size.

Maybe it is the best CRT ever

Who cares

Congratulations on finding trash in a dumpster or whatever

>posted on my TN LCD with *New* LED backlighting!

Because the Sony FW-900's are better
The tube's stay in pristine condition if they aren't used too much and aren't damaged in transport
The same goes for the phosphors, the mesh and the alignment magnets
I have a 1992 Sony XBR2 TV that I hardly ever used that's bright as fuck for a CRT, easily doing 150 cd/m2
Everything is in pristine condition bar a fucking cap that always fails every few years

It will do 2560x1600
My W900 can do that.

Whats the max resolution you got it running at?

>is the only 16:10 crt monitor in the world
The W900 is also 16:10

step aside

That's not even close to one of the last Trinitron's stupid Sup Forums nigger, go look how to wipe a hard disk in Google

>as long as your face is not pressed up against the screen
well aint that some shit pops when when your old ass probably has his nose rubbing up against the screen to see anything

This is the setup carmack coded quake on back in 1995 you fucking dumbass, it was 1080p. Nobody even knew what that was until 10 years later. Fuck you

The last Trinitron's did 1600p dumb Sup Forums nigger, and yeah I already know Carmack coded Quake in that why do toy think I threw a Carmack reference there
And Sony had commercial consumer systems doing the equivalent of 1080p in 1989, and in 1995 they had plenty of pro CRT's doing the same at higher refresh rates than the meme monitor Carmack was using

>Give me a reason why the Dell P991 UltraScan Trinitron (2001) is not the best CRT ever created.

Visible Tungsten support wires.

>The tube's stay in pristine condition
No

not widescreen

That's a pro.

not widescreen
lacks the automatic "restoration" function the high end Sonys have

It's wide enough.
Not as wide as your mum, though.

>Microwave radiation
>Causing cancer
'no'

they emitted some X-rays too...

Why are Trinitrons so memed? You can get an equivalent, slightly less wide CRT for a few bucks, while Trinitrons go for the hundreds.