With Visual Studio 2017 launching tomorrow do you think we'll see a new version of the Community Edition?

With Visual Studio 2017 launching tomorrow do you think we'll see a new version of the Community Edition?

Yes

Then I can wait a day to reinstall.

I'd certainly recommend it

>using Visual Meme in the year 2012+5

Lmao who cares

It's great for game development.

>Botnet Studio
>Not MinGW-w64

>Visual Studio
>Great for game development
>(((Forgets))) to mention "Hot Reload" is only possible through UE4 extensions

>no two phase lookup for templates
>no complete SFINAE
>no conformant C99 preprocessor

Why should you even care?

They also ignore C and haven't given any damns for anything beyond C89 in terms of syntax implementations. They're only forced to include C99 standard library changes because C++11 forced them to. Screw Visual Studio.

UE4?

Unreal engine....

Makes sense looking back on it. Thanks (not OP just random)

Jobless neckbeard spotted.

t. unemployed pedro

All these whiny Sup Forums-units

i like c# so fuck off, hell it even runs on your autism boxes thanks to mono

p.s. vs community is great

c# is shit and can fuck off

do they have a gnu/linux port?

>UE4 extensions
its built in you shit

I use visual studio for C++ and python dev and its never let me down but Sup Forums has this meme when they go "BLOAT" at anything that isnt vim or emacks or notepad++ or some shit and with the same voice tell me to use some shit like Haskell or Rust

hurr durr you are a manchlid if you play vidya go back to

if your target build is for windows why the hell wouldn't you use it. if you are doing some muliplat in some unique hipster language by all means use a *real* IDE.

>BLOAT

>740MB text editor
>good

>as if vim doesnt require dozens of mb of dependencies to set up, let alone run
>as if atom or sublime text dont have their own ((((((((((bloat))))))))))))) with 1/3 the featureset of visual studio or visual studio code

next you're gonna tell me to use nano right, to just manage my entire fucking project in some terminal-text editor and to only target linux users or whatever

>entire sdk for over 20 languages and several platforms all brought into one IDE
>740mb
this actually isnt that bad

Thats pretty great

QT, which neckbeard praises, is heavier than that and only supports CPP by default.

b is that away
get ur cp bullshit outta here friendo

I can get this from my university
Is Visual Studio Professional 2017 RC different somehow?
I get that RC stands for Release Candidate, but it would seem pointless to add it to the name.
Makes it seem somewhat beta.

>Hot Reload
Is that like SLIME for C++?