/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>for Linux related stuff READ THE STICKY FIRST GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any retards creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Samsung-UN65KU6300-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01E6BHEFW/ref=sr_1_1
ghostbin.com/paste/ee6y4
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB321HK-bmiphz-Widescreen/dp/B01A3N60A2/?&tag=bom-tomshardware-20&ascsubtag=[site|thaus[cat|[art|[pid|B01A3N60A2[tid|14888928402892[bbc|LESPRIX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how did atom.io / mpv.io hide github from their urls

I have these outlets in my room that spark whenever I plug something in. I'm deeply afraid of being electrocuted. If I wore rubber gloves, could I plug something in without the fear of being shocked?

Are password managers actually safer than saving passwords in my browser? Why?
If so, what is a good one?

No need for the gloves, just test the outlet with a fork.

Im going to buy a universal charger because a emergency(Sony VAIO charger died for no reason).

If my laptop says it uses 19.5V but the charger only has 19V and 20V options which one should i use?

where can I download safe, working apks
no bully please

Is virtual a pc good for gaming? Would it be just as good as using an actual 98 machine?

>for Linux related stuff GNU/Linux*,

How do water cooled CPU coolers work? Does the water need to be changed eventually?

Google radiator.

Is this a good budget tv?
My tv is 12 years old and starting to show its age.

amazon.com/Samsung-UN65KU6300-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01E6BHEFW/ref=sr_1_1

was flt now is fglt
link is g/linux for bigest coverage
>inb4 u reply
>>>stallman.org

Kek

Im formatting tomorrow because new gpu
Should I go for win7 or win10?
I have been trying win10 for a while but I dont really like it, but i will have to stop using win7 sooner or later

Why do you think you need to reformat just to install a new gpu?

because i have a mess in my pc, and moving from nvidia to amd drivers its going to fuck it up a little more

Not even
download amd drivers un install nvidia
reboot in to safe mode
install amd drivers
reboot
Done

what is a good rss downloader for windows?

DDU can take care of your drivers for you.

You can probably clean up your PC without reinstalling.

If you really want to: Win7 if you can't google, Win10 if you can.

at what point does ram speed not matter for gaymes?
2400mhz?
3000mhz?

Any speed that relevant RAM is running at. Doesn't matter.

Install 7.

Only install 10 on really new hardware, install 2016 enterprise LTSB.

What laptop should I get with a budget of $500?

Potential employer sent a .doc quiz for me to fill out. asked me to turn on "review tracking."

Is he refering to opening it in Google Drive or something? Because I can't edit it there and its all fucked sideways when I try to edit the thing in libre office or whatever (can't even put my name in the header without it turning yellow and delete/backspace making dashes instead of removing characters)

I don't know if this is part of the test or what but something is fuckin looney

I also changed some registry because ide to ahci

>Normie sent me something
Yeah, that will work well opening it on a foss software.

Sleeping Bump.

Tomorrow morning im going to buy it from walmart.

Cheap "Power" universal adapter.

Just built a new PC for the first time in maybe 12 years, so I'm really behind. What are some good programs to monitor and maybe stress test my shit?

how to deal with online stalker?

the google play store is quite a good source imo

Me and some friends just got into a new house and we cannot get cables from the router yo the PCs, so we're thinking on buying some of those PLCs to Connect all the computers to the net.

My questions are: Can we connect several PLCs le the same model in the same net? Like buying 5 times the same machine que Connect them all together (1 on the router and 4 on PCs)? Will we lose a lot of net quality or it's more a distance problem rather than The number of PLCs?

Best 11 inch laptop > $100 ?

What is a good cloud storage for documents? I'm leaning toward Google Drive but I've heard Dropbox is good too.

Free is best and I don't need a lot of space, just a common ground for assignments between uni and home.

Pic unrelated

I can work in the 2 year Apple Store Leader training program thing. What kind of pay does it involve?

>apple
I know but bills mayn

Are people from south more retarded than niggers? Honest question.

Why won't this script that inverts the colors of an image work?

def invert_pix(pixel):
pixel_copy = list(pixel)
for ind in range(len(pixel)):
pixel_copy[ind] = 255-pixel[ind]
return tuple(pixel_copy)

im = Image.open('b.png')
print im
print im.size
nRows = im.size[0]
nCols = im.size[1]

for row in range(nRows):
for col in range(nCols):
print (invert_pix( im.getpixel((row,col)) ))
im.putpixel( (row, col), invert_pix(im.getpixel((row, col)) ) )

im.getpixel( (100,100))
im.save('inverted.png')

All I get when I run this is just a white image instead of an inverted one

When a female is in hot weather, do its labia get loose like man's scrotum?

I have an fm2+ Mobo and an x4 860k. I'm using a 4gb and only playing at 1080p and pretty sure I'm getting bottlenecked. Whats my best Mobo and CPU upgrade? Is ddr4 worth it? Or am I good upgrading to a more recent Intel chipset and just reusing my ram

How do dns work?

There has to be hundred of thousands of dns servers. Right? How do they sync up

The elders of the Internet bless specific name servers and then the rest follow the hierarchy. Get a current Network+ textbook and read it front to back. Then take the exam and get the cert if you want. It's worth reading either way.

No
Youre fine. Upgrade something else

im supposed to clean that white if im trying save my keyboard from a spill right? its completely clean otherwise

forgot pic

Hm another 8gb of RAM? My cpu is over clocked, not by much 4.2 is there anything you'd suggest?

the reason the scrotum changes is because testicles need to maintain a lower temperature than the rest of the body
i don't believe female genitalia have any such requirement

im not sure whats better but dont use dashlane after awhile its stops syncing between your browser and the desktop app unless you go premium. kys dashlane.

whats the best VPN for illegal torrenting?

stop using facebook twitter and all this shit

PIA

Whats the best prog language and job to acquire currency?

>make program in one big cpp file
>split it up
>get problems
Just why?

you did it wrong.

I can't find out why.

Sup

I have this windows installation over a 128gb SSD that's set up in a particular way.

I wanted to try loonix on this thing on bare metal. My question is, should I bother dual booting or instead use clonezilla to dump that on some usb hard drive and try linux on it that way?

Did you even try? Google "github custom url" and it's the very first result.

there's not a lot of ways to screw up while splitting a project.
Either you have problem when including your headers files (they include each others) or you got a problem to access functions of variables from a specific files because you didn't made the right #include

what the compiler is telling you ?

Eventually but not super often, the heat transfers from the cpu to the heatsink which then transfers to the water which carries the heat to the radiator and then the fans on the radiator blow the heat out

If your browser is Chrome, then yes; passwords are stored in plain text. Firefox encrypts your passwords with a master password. Using password managers AFAIK is just a thing of convenience.

If you're looking for pirated stuff, Aptoid. For free stuff, if you don't want to use Google Play you can use Yalp Store, which just downloads from Play.

i've heard some suggest paying for a seedbox instead

what are the pros/cons of seedbox vs vpn, Sup Forums?

Anyone know of a google chrome extension that allows you expand all elements on a page?

Or another browser that has that feature?

Clicking expand 400 times only to then be able to ctrl+f for the info I need is clearly no way to live.

Windows 10 watch Linus' new "windows 9" videoReal temp, cpuZ, Msi after burner, aida64 for stress test

sup Sup Forumsentoomen, ill be installing linux for the first time (OpenSUSE), should i use KDE or Gnome as my DE?

Sup Forums X how to unhide hidden posts?

try both and decide on whichever you prefer?
it's not like your locked into one permanently...

Does that video even take in account that everytime there's a "bigger" update (like anniversary) on windows, half of the shit that you tampered with is replaced with what microsoft wants?

I mean like theming. Themes are a dick on windows 10. Even 8.1, despite having the ribbon thing gone with themes, at least doesn't try to "fix" your attempts at customization.

decided to just reset since I didn't have anything changed on this instance

why do some hot tubs have pneumatic switches instead of electrical switches?

Just had a catastrophic meltdown on a windows partition. All my data on that partition (a cohabitant of my bar-none more used linux partition) is now unusable, resulting in IO errors.

First I thought it was a virus deleting or corrupting the filesystem as I was using it, but this seems fairly unlikely to me. The windows partition always behaved bizarrely but all I ever used the partition for was the occasional (few weeks a year) gaming.

It is a pirated copy of windows, but disk is also nearing around 5 years old with 18500 hours on it as per smart. The rest of the output doesn't really lead me to believe any massive failure is occuring though (as far as I decipher): ghostbin.com/paste/ee6y4

My question is: what's really more likely in this case? Should I believe that the drive is safe to use after a reformatting of the windows partition, should I overwrite it with zeros, should I assume it's a hardware failure and get a new disk? Was it some windows exploit?

I'm running badblocks on it now. Any info or direction is much appreciated

whether or not you get a new hard disk you should definitely start keeping backups

I have a celeron g1610t lying around and was wondering if it's still worth building a small storage server with it? I've seen motherboards on eBay for ~£50 but they're used. Any experiences with used motherboards?

What's a good alternative for the Noctua NH-D15? Sadly won't fit in my case.

It's not worth powering a Pentium just for serving files to a single user. You can get an ARM SBC or something for less than the cost of powering it for a year or two. This is assuming you pay for electricity and don't have electric heating.

I do. I didn't lose anything of value except for some savegames and time downloading a few games.

I'm most concerned about the possibilities of an intruder; I regularly checked with Malwarebytes but the windows 7 version was pirated and had not been updated, though no ports were forwarded. But it just seemed to me like the most dramatic hardware failure on software I've ever seen. I'm sure badblocks will tell a lot, but I'd definitely like to be able to categorically cofirm or deny the possibility of intruston

Is video decoding done in real time? If it is why does it has to be? It's not interactive like video games so why not just decode the frames before then store them into a buffer (VRAM becoming bigger over the years) long before displaying them on screen? apply audio delay to be in sync if need be. This would be more efficient for processors that don't have enough power or discrete instructions to decode HEVC for instance.
But again I don't fucking know how video decoding works.

sorry user i still dont understand

do i have to pay for this or is there way to do - sed site.github.io/site.io - free /as in beer/

Can ISP's be cunts and cut off your internet connection, and hope you're either not using it at the time, or are a pussy to complain? Maybe if the network is too loaded or something?

Internet went out for no reason for the third time, and when I called, they magically fixed it in 20 minutes.

What's the most reliable external HDD scanner, to catch the stuff S.M.A.R.T. misses?

> like to be able to categorically cofirm or deny the possibility of intruston

That's not a thing. You can't prove a negative. Even if you find out your drive is dying, your pirated windows could still be silently keylogging you or running a botnet. If you install untrusted software, there's no way to trust your system.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

That said, it would be odd behavior for malware to randomly fuck over your whole install for no particular reason. There's nothing for them to get out of that. You should run a S.M.A.R.T. check with crystaldiskinfo or linux equivalent to confirm if your disk is dying

I've got a 144hz monitor..I want to use my 75 Hz monitor as a secondary display but it causes crazy scan lines at 144 not at 120hz though. Anyone have a similar issue or know of workarounds

Ubuntu LTS, Debian or CentOS for my dedicated web server? I've used Ubuntu desktop and Debian command line before. I just want something that works and is easy to get into and install shit on.

stop being poor and buy two 240hz monitors

in my country (France) we had an issue with an ISP (free). People complained that they had a shitty connexion. Specifically when it came to google services (youtube).

The differences between using internet at day or past 11 was obvious so an organism for protecting consumers rights investigated. During the months they investigated there were no more issues. When the investigation was over they started to limit the bandwidth again.

ISP can do whatever they want it will be hard to prove they are screwing up their customers

antergos, manjaro or apricity?

That's so stupid. Why did they make the investigation public and not do it in secret?

Either one should work fine. .5 volts is 2.5% of the 19.5 nominal voltage the laptop expects. Even really lousy chink shit can handle +/- 2.5% in its voltage input.

I want to install an os onto a hard drive thats got nothing on it while keeping my windows running, is it possible?

i do a lot of video encoding and audio work, so im really interested in doing a ryzen build atm.

what i dont understand though is the actual point of the 3 different skus at the moment. Can someone explain to me what the point is of the 1800x, 1700x & 1700 is? They all seem to overlap really heavily and the 1700 seems like a slightly worse version of the 1800X that can reach the same speeds when overclocked. If thats true, what is the point of getting the 1800X over the 1700?

Its basically the same chip with different binning.
A 1700 might be able to do 1800X speeds but its not a guarantee, and an 1800X could probably go higher.

just get your own domain

Pls answer me :(

stop using meme distros.

where can I download that?

Is this the only 32 inch gsync monitor?
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB321HK-bmiphz-Widescreen/dp/B01A3N60A2/?&tag=bom-tomshardware-20&ascsubtag=[site|thaus[cat|[art|[pid|B01A3N60A2[tid|14888928402892[bbc|LESPRIX

what would you recommend?

pls dont trick me into install arch for the 3rd time

Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

you're right to stay away from Arch, that and Gentoo are timesinks for timesinks' sake

that makes no sense, how would it be faster unless you decode all frames before displaying them?
if that is what you're saying, then;
a. it will be slower than playing back normally if you could play back normally
b. decoded video is huge, you think vram is big? a single 1080p frame is 3MiB uncompressed, a 2 hour movie has 172800 frames (24fps), which makes it over 500GiB of data

to be clear on how much slower, one way or another, the frames must be decoded to be viewed, so if your machine wasn't fast enough to decode the 2 hour movie in real time, that means it can't decode the movie in 2 hours.. so you're going to be spending over 2 hours to generate 500GiB of raw video

at least that will use no cpu, though you'd need a fast enough storage media to play it back (~72MiB/s)

>unless you decode all frames before displaying them?
Yeah, that's what i'm saying.
>500GiB
Would it still be huge is storage space if you flushed the frames already viewed and loaded only like 5 minutes of decoded frames in advance?

>if you flushed the frames already viewed
which will be none of them if you decode all frames ahead of displaying them
>loaded only like 5 minutes of decoded frames in advance?
you could decode 5 minutes, play those, then decode more, but again, you're looking at >5 minutes of pausing for every 5 minutes of playback on a machine too slow to play it back normally