System 76

So are the system 76 laptops viable or just a meme?

what do you mean viable?

ive had one for 4 years and its great

I've got you in my sights

they're fine, better than most OEMs even without taking operating systems into account.

I mean is it better than useing a Windows 10 laptop dual booted with GNU/Linux like the xps 13 or others

I've heard lots of people online really like them, however I like some programs that I use on windows that are troublesome on linux

Run Windows on a vm with gpu passthrough

Maybe but I don't currently own windows so I'd have to shovel out an extra $100 - $150 for it, but if they really are as good as they say they are then it's not that big of a price. However what's your thoughts on system 76 vs ibm thinkpad or a dell xps 13

>uglier than a 14 year old apple
>thicker than a 14 year old apple
>poorer build quality than a 14 year old apple
>makes more noise than a 14 year old apple
>about the same price as a new macbook
it's fucking embarrassing. just swallow your pride and get a macbook. mac os x have all the upsides of linux and none of the downsides

I've never liked the pricing of apples laptops compared to there performance, that being said I've never owned any apple os pc

If you buy system76 you are buying a tranny made laptop. Don't believe me, go watch their behind the scenes on YouTube

try hackintosh

Rebadged clevo/sager

Idc who it's made by aslong as that person isn't into stealing my shit and they are making good product

I was thinking of looking into it, I'll probably try it eventually

I haven't heard of that brand or laptop could you provide a link

the question is can it into coreboot

Fuck off shill. They resell Clevo/Sager generics and add $200 to the price.

No.

So in other words don't buy just a meme, thanks

No idea, but they do seem to shill a lot around tech community sites.

Ikr all I've heard about them was how great they were and that they were the ultimate linux machines

exactly

Meme. They're just rebadged Clevos like Sager.

protip: if you have any problems with a laptops performance, then you're using it wrong

literally flimsy autism tier

Not sure. Am currently thinking of getting a laptop. It seems similarly priced to windows laptops with comparable specs, which is weird to me as a consumer since I assumed Linux was free. I don't really mind installing Linux myself if I save the money, so know I am just confused as hell.

get the fuck out of here System 76 marketing FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they come with Linux and their support is good but from my experience they're extremely flimsy and poorly built.

Shit design and shit build quality but at least the specs are ok.