10nm processor

Where were you when Samsung won the architecture race?

electronics-eetimes.com/news/samsung-launches-10nm-exynos-9-processor

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Global_2000
youtube.com/watch?v=6Afpey7Eldo
semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9257
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Mobile CPUs made by Samsung

I thought they were already banned from selling portable bombs wtf?

you're a moron, samsung is bigger than you think

And yet Apple is bigger and they didn't even have to try too hard

I don't think so, market cap size differes from industry conglomerates

If you think Apple produces their own products ground up then you're again a moron

>Samsung used to design and manufacture weapons
>somehow, Apple is bigger

Are you retarded or just American?

Hurr

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Global_2000

>Samsung makes nearly everything from earbuds to military equipment
>Apple is bigger

Apple is a marketing company, their OS was designed by people who are probably long gone and they buy patents from promising tech innovations and brand it under their name.

>Apple is bigger
kek

>Mobile CPU

Who exactly cares?

Manufacturers should be using this over Qualcomm's dog shit.

literally your mom

>Apple is bigger
Shows how little you know. Samsung is HUGE.

Node size barely matters these days, the question is whether or not their new process has better performance than competitors or not. Even if the size has shrunk that's not a given.

I sincerely doubt that.

Samsung themselves are using the Qualcomm 835 in their upcoming phones. Same as every other flagship phone in recent history, Samsung will have Exynos powered devices only in certain markets, while North America pretty much exclusively gets Qualcomm powered sets.

And that's bullshit. Import from an area with Exynos. Shove the middle finger to Qualcomm, and also Verisis/Sprint.

I have a feeling that this 10nm process produces quite expensive processors.
However, this doesn't matter so much for mobile devices where increased battery life and performance would overcome the increased cost.

maybe not yours exactly

but many people's mom do

Oh, by bigger you meant had more liquid assets.

Realistically it doesn't matter at these die sizes. Even with yields being low on a new process small ARM SoCs are used to tweak and refine it, so some of that cost is factored in to bringing the node online.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Afpey7Eldo
baka

It'll be interesting to see what the Apple A11 could do with Samsung's 10nm node. They already have something as fast as an Intel i5-7200U on the iPhone 7, even with all of the throttling.

How does the minimum pitch size compare to other nodes?

semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9257

Its unknown what performance adders Samsung will add to differentiate themselves from TSMC's 10nm process node.

Samsung is like GE. They're also heavily intertwined with government. They are literally too big to fail. You could even rename the South Korea Corp. Comparing to private or publicly traded corps in other countries is disingenuous.

Interesting reading, thanks. So it seems that TSMC has a pitch width advanced, but Samsung has denser SRAM cells, and probably has a few other tricks up it's sleeve.

The real question is, which node will offer better performance?

Impossible to say without being evaluate the same IC fabbed on both processes. The financial investment in each is pretty substantial, but each 10nm node from these two foundries will be pretty short lived. They're each pushing for EUV at 7nm with a very aggressive time frame. They want production parts in 2019.

This has to be bait. Samsung makes flash memory, phones, CPUs, laptops, TVs, fridges, tablets, washing and drying machines, contruction equipment, and a shit load of other things.

>Apple is bigger
kek spotted the amerifat

Bait

>to military equipment

I thought this was a Note 7 joke.
I stand corrected.

While Samsung make a far wider variety of goods, & employs far more people than Apple, Apple has a larger market cap & profits. Market cap is the usual measure when discussing the size of corporations.

Have to be able to play candy crush

Market capitalization is intrinsically correlated with valuation which does not preclude speculation. Since correlation does not imply causation, the utility and contribution of a company can be gaged from its irreplaceability in several sectors with regard to the production of goods.

The chief aim of an enterprise prior to profit generation is also interdependently linked with the relationship it has amongst its peers through its involvement in market segments to palliate a need within the general functioning of industries in an economy and humanity.

If Samsung disappeared, the impact would be far greater than Apple disappearing. Market cap and profits are measures of the belief investors have with regard to the valuation, this valuation isn't devoid of risk and volatility when you factor in the importance of valuation in exceeding the value of products sold.

To further your analogy on the size of market cap and profits, you can very well take tax havens which carry value without always producing more on a global perspective than other countries which produce more but with lesser value.

Samshit's "10nm" is only equal to Intel's 14nm in feature size

Moron's everywhere still falling for this dumb meme