/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pmXY7Dl_T8Y
youtu.be/2ku0UmI5Uk8
youtube.com/watch?v=agAKUbFbrY4&t=3m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for glaring logo and erroneous text.

Why is DHL (Deutche Post, not DHL Worldwide) so fucking slow? It took 5 days to even leave Germany, and has been in transit since for 3. I hope it's not on a fucking boat. I want it to get here already so I can sell my old watch.

Btw, has anyone in the US bought a used watch from Chrono24 and got hit with a tariff? I sure hope I don't.

Myself I'm fine with something like what Nomos does. I don't care for the huge box you get with an Omega, or the loupes etc.
Give me a nice small box for one watch, a cloth, a small warranty card and not much more.
I'll take spare straps, or a watch roll instead of the box.

What does /wt/ want packaged with their watch? Tools? Spare spring bars? A medaillon? Nothing?

Maybe a change of strap.

What's erroneous about it? Too mesh jewels?

*many

My Habring came in a small wooden box. It has a space for the watch. It has space for a springbar tool, and a few other spaces. In those spaces it came with a spare crown, spare springbars, spare gaskets and a set of spare hands.

That's pretty cool.

>In those spaces it came with a spare crown, spare springbars, spare gaskets and a set of spare hands.

Neat. That's something you usually only see on 5 or 6 figure watches.

I only have an Amphibia but the simple paper box of the Komandirskie seems to have a charm to it. Not to mention the old square plastic boxes of commie times with no straps.

For more high-end luxury pieces (Seiko SARB, Nomos, Steinhart, Squale) I expect the manufacturer to know my family crest and provide an in-house signet ring with it in the box.

>I expect the manufacturer to know my family crest and provide an in-house signet ring with it in the box.

youtu.be/pmXY7Dl_T8Y :^)

top kek

how to find a sarb029...

this channel is criminally low subbed

Love in-house and especially vintage watches. This one is from Czechoslovakia, circa 1979.
Commie stuff, but I love them.
They are enormously underpriced here, so if anyone wants, feel free to ask.

youtu.be/2ku0UmI5Uk8

>the method he uses to attach a nato to a gshock

I'm just meming, there's a troll that is seemingly offended by every aspect of Seiko dials.

what asus notebook is that?

Post square watches. Looking for my next pickup to be a square. Where can I get pic related?

oh. can you grow up a little and not 'meme' or 'troll'? thanks.

Lmao

What does he repeatedly say around 28-30 seconds? Fwale??

oh that's gross.

have you looked at the Heuer Monaco? or something... classy?

>mfw tacky, classless skeleton tonneau watch made by Seiko's own orient star

Skwaleh

I like it !

I've got a great idea. Why don't you go put your hand in a blender?

I've been waiting longer for my countries internal post to deliver something than it took fedex to bring something from the Netherlands to the UK.

youtube.com/watch?v=agAKUbFbrY4&t=3m12s
Sound webms when?

I don't get TGVs obsession with peerage and heritage. If he's to be believed, it's his moms side of the family that has a peerage.

Which means he doesn't have a right to any of that shit. Because peerage passes down the male line.

Yuck

>I don't get TGVs obsession with peerage and heritage.
A small dick can do that to a person user

But... but how did he get all those watches on the steering wheel?

Spring bar tool

So are you saying he sat there for an hour putting all those watches on that wheel to take one photo and then spent an hour taking them all off?

>some moron probably spent hours removing end links and putting them back again to get this picture

lmao. it looks like he taped some of them in place too.

Why do rich people have zero fucking taste?

Gaudy watches and gaudy car

Of course

What in the ever loving fuck is that?

TL note: It's TGV for Squale.

>tfw nato

>tfw don't even like going across the room to get my camera out of the bag so the internet just gets shitty phone pics

R8 new watch

I see only garbage tier watches in this thread.

Did you just buy a 1963 mister? You don't need another watch !

Looks retarded tbqh. Not sure why Archie mortgaged his house for one

Not yours/10 kek only takes a simple reverse search.

Why don't you up the quality?

Oh, wait....

This is pretty autistic

Oh lul

You mean Casey Neistat's younger brother?

Better than being so lonely that you post watches that clearly aren't yours for (You)s

>nato strap on anything

Are you that guy that picks fault comedy films that everyone hates?

Yea, sorry for the wait. Faggot.

You're not a true watch connoisseur until you put a nato on your patty.

Why is this dog shit looking watch worth so much money?

No, I like shitty action movies

If you can't answer that question for yourself then clearly you're in the wrong thread.

I bet it's because rich stupid normies will pay money for it.

nice fake

Why do we hate Bulova here?

Clearly you don't belong in this thread either.

>implying

Vintage accutrons are great.

>Whaaa no one likes my overpriced gaudy looking meme watch

Not him, but that hour hand alignment is woeful if it isn't fake.

>vintage accutrons
How much do these cost to service?

their name sounds like you're gargling mouthwash

they have a few meme watches around here

Christ, what a waste of money.

I don't, I love mine.

Depends on who you get to service it. If you ever get an accutron avoid mybob entirely. That nigga is a hack who can't even resize a bracelet without damaging the hell out of it. That and he'll tighten the ratcheting pawl so much that it'll gain 6s per minute.

Nigga, please.

I stand by my statement. The hour hand shouldn't have that angle so close to exactly 3:00.

Obviously the picture was taken at an angle.

>This limited edition AP was made to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Swiss private bank Pictet and Cie

it still looks awful. the strap looks like it was cut with scissors and they didn't even bother centering the words on the dial.

>6500GBP

oi

Plus the indices aren't perfectly aligned with the numerals going around the outer edge in some areas.

I guess m8.

Why would you buy this over a grand Seiko?

>£6,500
I got mine for £4,900. Going to resell it soon at a good profit and get a 15400ST.

Audemars Niget should be treated like Hublot. It's a joke that they are still mentioned in the same breath as AL&S, PP, VC and JLC.

Vintage are fine, modern have been subjected to Citizen's styling department.

>Seiko
That's why.

AP actually has some decent history building good watches; they've just lost their way after the success of the RO series.

Because money can't buy you taste or horological knowledge.

Is that how gays have sex

>Talking about taste while wearing that Invicta looking shitter on your wrist

I'm aware, buy at some point you no longer get to rest on your laurels. Spend enough time acting like Hublot and you should start being treated like Hublot.

Pretty much this. The ROO was unnecessary.

>Invicta looking shitter
I have no idea what you are referring to.

You bought the wrong speedmaster

>Being so much of an horological pleb you don't recognize a Lemania 5100 Speedmaster

Thank you for proving my point, pleb.

One of my other pieces. Thoughts on this one? I don't wear it often and will probably sell it.

The thing that bugs me most about AP is how seriously they take themselves. If they want to be in the same space as Hublot, Roger Dubuis, Richard Mille, etc., then fine, but then when I walk into your boutique, don't have it styled like I walked into a PP salon.

Girls watch

Should have gotten a reverso m8.

buy this AP instead

Can someone explain why there is such a huge price gap here? Just got this email from LOW

5 link bracelet, diashield coating, more intricate case finishing, etc.

there's a consensus that the SARX SARY SDGM lines are overpriced

Square watches are typically more formal - the numbers, thick tapered indexes, and PR make this piece kind of weird. A tank or reverso makes better holistic sense (at a multiple of the price, obviously).

pretty cool watch