Now that Linux is confirmed CIA software will you be making the switch?

Now that Linux is confirmed CIA software will you be making the switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wikileaks
trueos.org/
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_9535850.html
ghostbsd.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why yes, I already have.

I installed wayland and gnome 3. I also got overwatch to work from wine and I'm getting 134fps .

Also since overwatch expects a windows file manager and processor list I've made wallhacks and they will never get detected.

What do you mean confirmed CIA software? Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed that OP is a fucking retard

twitter.com/wikileaks

It's over. linux had a good run

haha we who use windows know that our OS is malware, and we are fine with that, but you linux fuckers should KYS, all you believed was a lie, not only that you can't into design or speed, you also can't into security

kys kys kys

Talk to me when there's hawaii amd drivers support.

but why do you need external hacks if you have built-in ones

There is only one OS that is safe and I think you know what that is OP.

>Temple
>Fucking
>OS

mac is based freebsd...

they could literally hack his Ubuntu install and inject backdoors into TempleOS and the schizo would think it's God's work

how is mac hardware support?

If you own a Mac or ThinkPad BSD is perfect

>punishing yourself with a timesink OS

Latest MBPs don't support fully anything but OSX. The ACPI is also utter shit on older Macs.

Does it just effect the kernel Linux or is it for all of GNU as well. If it's the former I will probably just replace my kernel

i have a x220 and a iMac

Is any BSD usable on T400?

Even CIA uses Linux for hacking, so who cares.

What's the difference between BSD and Linux ?

Yeah, them not publishing the vulnerabilities means the Russians and Chinese hackers can discover the same ones and use them to perform corporate espionage or other nefarious things to US corporations.

Once again, the US government is cucking its citizens.

Same as the old Mac vs PC thing.

BSD is less well known, more stable, more UNIX. Linux is wider known, more support, less stable, less UNIX

>more stable
I don't have any issue with stability on Linux. What is shit on it, is even bigger clusterfuck (ie. browsers) on any BSD
>more UNIX
Unix, but POSIX isn't important anymore, to be a killer feature.

>Same as the old Mac vs PC thing.

>mfw using a completely unknown rock solid os with no support which is the most UNIX

What now?
We all install BSD and then they exploit BSD.
You can't hide from it. The only solution is to purge all forms of electronics from your life, which in this day and age is almost impossible. They got us by the nads, lads...

No.
It has atrocious hardware support and all relevant browsers run like shit on it.
It's not compatible with LUKS, which would make me re-encrypt fucking everything.
It has native support of two filesystems: one is shit and the other one has bolted on everything Sun engineers ever saw.
Exactly one production-ready hypervisor: Xen. What is that? You don't like Xen? Well, fuck you man.

Jails are nice, I guess.

>wayland
>gnome 3
>functioning WINE
>BSD
really tinkled my pee pee user

I thought osx was just BSD with Darwin UI.

I asked this last thread, but forgot to check back:
What iso do I need to download to have a functioning desktop? I downloaded an iso from FreeBSD, and all I could do was change directories and make files.

>all I could do was change directories and make files.
It's not BSD's fault you only know how to use a GUI

It's actually worse. WAAAAAAY worse.
OS X is an unholy splice of an early monolithic version of Mach research kernel with parts from BSD and custom code from NeXT and Apple bolted on.
Truly, an abomination.

Yeah you sure told him. Keep gatekeeping your secret club.

I use Windows. I've never touched BSD in my life. My point stands.

I know, I was asking if there are any BSD derivatives with DE, like Linux.

trueos.org/

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_9535850.html

It's affected you too.

or GhostBSD ghostbsd.org/

Thanks, I'll install these on a vm and check them out.

I'll never forgive you shithead shills for memeing me into installing bsd, and I won't ever be touching that worthless, broken garbage again in my life, no fucking matter how hard you lying cunts shill it.

it's a lot better now that you've stopped using it

Ewwwwwwww.... wtaf. Why not just make our own OS? Call it Sup Forums ?

Herp derp script kiddy detected.

Sure. Someone make the logo!

Is Tails also compromised?

I love when this term comes from someone with no security in their background
Can you tell me why compilers use
xor eax, eax
ret

Instead of
mov eax, 0
Ret

Surely you would know this without Google, if you aren't a script kiddie yourself

The article says:
> The CIA has developed automated multi-platform malware Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, Linux and more.
This means that the malware isn't actually in the kernel itself, but rather it seems to attack users.
But I don't understand how this works: does it attack people automatically after they connect to the internet or something like on old Windows XP, where several forms of malware attacked you immediately after connecting to the internet?

By the way, why don't you guys use Libre Linux, for example; it's a completely open-source version of the Linux kernel, so you can audit it yourself and make sure there's nothing suspicious in it.

No it means they have a repo of 0days for all oses

wtf i love anarcho-primitivism now

I'm curious, what's the answer? Can the 00 00 00 00 be more easily overwritten or something?

More efficient , prevents null byte, xor is faster at setting eax to 0.

>telling the CIA exactly what you're running
enjoy dat zero-day, feggit.

I have God on my side with TempleOS.
youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA

Cya treats open source like the rest of the world

>neglected

I don't really use linux for muh privacy, but because it doesn't have the retarded user restrictions that windows has.

I've never tried freeBSD tho, I just might for the lulz.

I have a Thinkpad x100 and the driver for it's wireless NIC is nonexistent in OpenBSD
I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too

not him but it's a less expensive and more thorough operation obviously

Holy shit, I'd never think I'd hear that OS ever again.

Probably not since all networking is connected end to end through Tor.

>implying Tor is not compromised

Because everyone knows that's completely secure.

tor is meme

Yes, the boogeyman will magically decrypt millions of packets going through his node.

At least wait until quantum computers cracking decryption to fear this.

tfw even malware isn't well supported on systems with AMD GPUs and it winds up crashing

still you'd remain shielded as far as hiding more innocuous activities because Mr G wouldn't want to show their hand for you, small fish

tl;dr it has it's uses

nice try cia

Would this actually help and is it feasible to do on most distros? Anyone?

I'm on it

Works fine on GNU/Linux.

one has this

the other doesnt

>Not openBSD

Xor eax eax ret is 3 bytes
Mov eax, 0 ret is 7 bytes, just wasted space, required copying bytes vs a math operation

As long as you're connected to the Internet you're not safe no matter the OS.

If you had any UNIX history you'd know that all of them are bolted together, except Solaris which was a joint project with ATT. Look at IBM's AIX and what was DEC Alphastations running Tru64.

>Muh! FreeBSD is not vulnerable

BSD was basically a fork of unix system V just re-written to not be proprietary
linux is a kernel that typically requires a lot of gnu software which was intended to be unix like in order to work

Am I vulnerable?

>8.2
End of life was July 31, 2012

>wayland
No.

make install; files and you'll be set bro
Install the ports heriarchy stuff and the manager or whatever. I skipped that on download because I didn't want to go through 26,000 fucking ports and uninstall shit. Trying to figure out how to find a decent package and port it to an air gapped pc is kind of a pain the ass since BSD has a weird thing between the OS documents insisting you need to download a manager, while the websites paperwork says you can just make install a port package

What did I fucking tell you?

We tried to warn you faggots about systemd but you kept sucking cocks all day now Linux is dead.

FreeBSD is the only OS that's not infiltrated.

Please tell me how the fuck you made the overwatch thing

>not using SPARC
It's the only way to escape the botnet

>fork of Sys V
No, I think you mean Version 5 Unix which is different from System V.

This CIA nigger meme needs to die. Nobody's using it the way Terry intended. Terry flames CIA nigger when someone over-complicate things not when someone spies on someone else.

TempleOS does not have encryption and it does not provide any measure to protect integrity. How the fuck is it going to stop actual CIA nigger from monitoring you?

version 5 and system V are showing different search results so you must be right
FreeBSD is still the closet fork from unix.
Personally I just went with it because of that, older books for unix are more likely to be compatible with freeBSD than with a bash linux distro that are their own beast.

Could it be that the CIA is /one of us/?

>freebsd

so what, openBSD is the best one

By providing less attack surface.

I still prefer OS with mitigation plan than meme OS for cult ritual

Solaris is owned now too it seems, except Solaris 8 on SPARC.

How is OpenBSD? Would that be a more viable option for a desktop OS over FreeBSD?

not an argument

i think it is, they actually include Xorg in the base installation if you choose to install it

even comes with its own homegrown window manager

Install TrueOS

I will keep using FreeBSD thank you. Sometimes GhostBSD.

I'm using it on a VM right now. It was actually a lot easier to install than FreeBSD, and the WM is super comfy. I am just having issues getting pkg and ports working. It is something I am not used to doing. It is like installing Debian without apt and I am feeling a little lost.

Give me a good reason to do it over OpenBSD and I will.

look at /etc/examples/pkg.conf

copy pkg.conf back to /etc and uncomment the mirror you want and the package manager will work

Thanks! That is much simpler than what the FAQ is telling me.