he unironically believes windows users give a shit about mpc-hc

> he unironically believes windows users give a shit about mpc-hc
It's not the players stupid lunux users. It's the DirectShow filters that destroy you. madVR, BlueskyFRC or even reclock are examples.
mpv is a cheap knock off of madVR, it can't run BlueskyFRC or any other good filter.

Other urls found in this thread:

0x0.st/eqp.txz
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S57186738#p57215184
stackoverflow.com/questions/39622444/hlsl-compilation-speed
gamedev.net/topic/660996-loop-compilation-bad-performance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blogspot.com

wordpress.com

sage.com

But the madVR dev freaked out at mpv because he claimed that mpv stole his algorithms.
How can madVR be better if the dev thinks they're identical?

But isn't madVR closed source? How could they have stolen his work if he hides the source code?

You do realize that none of those placebo filters actually make a difference right? You're just mining bitcoins for the people who developed it. Good goy.

>the dev thinks they're identical
Do you live in a fantasy world? madVR has about 10 more algorithms for rendering video. Go ask him right now at doom9 if he thinks they identical and bring us his answer.

>placebo filters
You are literally blind. At the first least you can appreciate the GPU fluid motion filter for AMD GPUs. It's crisp, nothing like that slow crap called SVP, and with literally 0% CPU impact.

>AMD GPUs
sorry I'm not poor. do only poor people use mpc-hc?

anyways enjoy mining buttcoins for placebo, LOSER

They didnt steal his code. A few months back some user was able to take a look though. Turns out Madshis code isnt as good as people thought.

sorry I'm not stupid. do only stupid people respond here
the entire point of the thread is not mpc-hc

what a joke
and people respect this retard
this is why that garbage is closed source

> I have literally never seen or I'm able to see madVR's code
> let's call it bad code
please

if I'm stupid, you must be really stupid if you're more poor than a stupid person
buddy, mpc-hc is the mcdonalds of media players

And here we see why linux is a failure on the desktop. 2 idiots on Sup Forums circlejerk that madVR, the software that mpv copycats is so much worse.

They are not even able to see the code since it's closed source.

Jesus fucking christ, you deserve mpv after all. Go to it.

Nice to see that all the MPV shills are capable of doing is screaming BOTNET, B-BOTNETTTTTTT when challenged, maybe you shouldn't take debate tactics from the vape/doge threads in their final weeks of existence

wow, so much butthurt
truth hurts doesn't it

Do you have any evidence other than NO U's in the face of opposition

>Dump of madVR (0.90.24) shaders
0x0.st/eqp.txz

Evidence? For what, to debunk the angry "hurrdurr ur stupid" outbursts from idiot children?

Show us where on your peanus that MadVR touched it

>show us
>us
:^)

how seething are you rn?

Every single thing in existence is some grand political struggle now, like MPC vs. MPV.

Millennials were a mistake.

Actually it's around 4.

>They are not even able to see the code since it's closed source.
They are, though.
You do realize you can de-compile stuff, right?

i'm just here to laugh at mpctards getting butthurt

This. Everyone here is trolling except that one guy who fucking ragequit by now.

>user shows up and just starts making shit up
>Sup Forums takes it a face value because if they can't understand it, "it must be true"

this is hideous

lol no, he's back for more
madshi you legend

>implying wanting to see them butthurt isn't part of the grand political struggle that you are acting out subconsciously

>user shows up and is like

this post reeks of newfag

so madVR is the better filter?

not sure what that screenshot of yours should prove. it just says that madvr contains a lot of copy pasted code. so? iirc, madshi himself (or somebody posing as him) later joined that Sup Forums discussion and explained that he did that to improve startup times, or something like that. you may or may not like that approach, but that doesn't say anything at all about the code quality.

if you think you can judge code quality by looking at cross compiled disassembly, you don't seem to know very much about coding.

Kekked, do people actually use this crap?

>that damage control
Literally CS graduate-tier.

>CS
*SE

>1566 files
>maybe 125 discrete algorithms
>only properly like 85-90 because lots of X/Y duplication or dedicated algos for colorspace and bit-size
this is disgusting

having a reason for doing something doesn't mean that reason is good

You can't judge people's code quality through a decompiler. What if he autogenerated the shaders from a template at compile time?

I want mpv to succeed but i dont want mpc to fail. Why cant we just let them be? Is it not enough?

mpc is windows only so who gives a shit?

The hard-coded explanation is a better fit to observation than that though, given 's observation that there's basically no flexibility in allowed options.

do you have personal experience with dx9 programming? if not, you're probably not the right person to judge if any given reason is good or not.

Well, until such an expert comes along, I'll use what knowledge I have to make my own choices.

Since there's no mpv thread going rn I might as well ask here. How can I make mpv show the same colors as mpc-be? All videos seem to have some yellow-ish tint in mpv compared to mpcbe.
Can't take any screenshots now since I'm on the phone, but for example in some scenes in Monogatari the skin of the characters is close to white in mpcbe (proper color) but in mpv the skin is somewhat yellow-ish or has a warmer tone.
Default config or profile=opengl-hq doesn't matter. Windows.

Install GNU/Linux

what a great advice, thank you.
I'll do just that when all my 500+ Steam games will work natively on Linux.

>mpc is windows only so who gives a shit?
Linux users judging by how much time they spend talking about it.

Which one is supposed to be better?

That's his (if it's actually him) original statement: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S57186738#p57215184

Now I don't think the source code actually has over 1000 files which he is editing manually, so the generation at compile time sounds plausible to me. But I'm not expert, though no one here seems to be.

I guess that makes sense. I can accept "generated at compile-time" as an answer if it's from him.

thanks!

yes, he seems to say he's creating (some of) the 1000 compiled shaders automated at compile time. i wonder how fast/slow the dx9 compiler is compared to the glsl compiler? if he says he compiles the shaders at compile time to speedup startup time, that might hint to the dx9 compiler being rather slow. anybody knows?

just done a quick google search. the dx9 hlsl compiler seems terribly slow. e.g. see here:

stackoverflow.com/questions/39622444/hlsl-compilation-speed
gamedev.net/topic/660996-loop-compilation-bad-performance/

it seems, depending on the situation, sometimes compiling an hlsl shader (even a relatively simple one) can take multiple seconds.

no wonder then that madshi decided to ship fully compiled shaders instead of compiling them at runtime!

I can't believe how passionately you all argue about video players. If only you had such zeal for the things that are truly important in life.

>that image
>i have no idea how compiler optimization works
Really makes the people who didn't go to established CS universities stand out

>madvr is less complete than current vo_opengl
>madvr is still using 1990s technology to sell it to winxp users
>madvr v1.0 will be a paid release
>the next libultra/libplacebo library will destroy any other renderer
>bluesky is very bad and probably doesn't work with new amd cards

In reality he doesn't really give a shit about FOSS drama.

Who do you want writing the renderer - a dude that writes code that spergs on Sup Forums will find pretty, or dude with modest coding quality but also patience and eye for the actual images the code works on?

I take the second type over "hurr I have read a blogpost about code style guidelines after installing Linux, now I see every programmer is shit" types.

Nice bait. I give it 9/10.