Workstation Graphics Question

I need to drive 6x 2k Monitors on a workstation, i have a somewhat limited budget (~1200 for the graphics, I was looking at the quadro m4000 & m5000 solutions, anyone have any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/object/quadro-desktop-gpus.html
images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/301283-DS-NV-Quadro-Pascal-P4000-US-03Feb17-NV-fnl-WEB.pdf
images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/301941-DS-NV-Quadro-Pascal-P2000-US-03Feb17-NV-fnl-WEB.pdf
developer.nvidia.com/gpu-grant-application
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intel HD Graphics are all you need.

Just buy the gaming cards. The "pro" cards are literally the same thing but marked up because of the lack of competition. Don't fall for the "pro" meme.

nvidia.com/object/quadro-desktop-gpus.html

This would be going into a Dell Precision Workstation, and the client wants "Pro" Everything, meh, his money, not mine, lol

The total desktop Resolution is going to be whopping 15360x2880, my main concern is weather or not preferably that 2x of the M4000 8GB can drive that kind of massive resolution for 2d applications

You don't want to use Maxwell when Pascal is available now

images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/301283-DS-NV-Quadro-Pascal-P4000-US-03Feb17-NV-fnl-WEB.pdf

2x P4000 would be better

Don't listen to this idiot

What is the purpose of this machine?

Trading and general 2d applications

Stop

images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/301941-DS-NV-Quadro-Pascal-P2000-US-03Feb17-NV-fnl-WEB.pdf

2 P2000s might be enough for that

Thought it was for 3D CAD or 3D pro rendering

Can I recommend you call Nvidia? You don't want these idiot's advice. Just ask Nvidia support.

hasn't hydra vision been capable of this shit for years
or whatever buzzword amd uses for that shit

That might be a better option

What do you think of the m4000?

M4000 is more expensive than P2000 and doesn't support DP 1.4 on all its outputs, only DP 1.2 because older GPU architecture so it's not future proof if your client upgrades to higher res monitors in the future

6x2k monitors.

Stop looking at nvidia, intel and AMD.

Go Matrox graphics.

To be even more specific
>Matrox C680 PCIe x16

He's not entirely wrong.

From a hardware standpoint, workstation cards were identical to their gaming counterparts. The only difference was the drivers that helped the workstation cards excel in certain applications. Hell, there were even application specific drivers made. (See AutoCAD Certified Drivers).

There used to be tricks you could do to enable those drivers for 'gaming' video cards and get equivocal performance to that of a workstation card.

This isn't so much the case anymore, for CAD at least, gaming cards are more than proficient when it comes to actually working.

For 2D applications with little need for graphics acceleration? Something like a FirePro W600 would be great. I think nVidia also has similar products.

just ask for a free card here
developer.nvidia.com/gpu-grant-application

It only supports 4k 60hz across 3 monitors and the 2gb gddr5 is concerning.

What if they decide to upgrade?

>Matrox C680 PCIe x16
The fuck are you talking about the c680 supports 4k at 60hz over 6 screens.

And the c900 supports 9 screens.

Any card, or three of them if you need several screeens. Literally $50.

I have three screens driven by HD 6450 at work - the machine literally never sees any 3D, just 2d and GDI.

>cross 3 monitors and the 2gb gddr5 is concerning.

ill be going for the 8gb version, and we are using 2k screens, so i figure we should be good