Buyers Remorse General

Buyers Remorse General

biggest mistake of my life

why did i ever start using a computer? fuck this CIA botnet

>never buy first generation tech
>buy video games when they drop down to $25 or less or when Sup Forums really likes them years after the fact
>buy old thinkpads because they're built nice and I don't play PC games anyway
>don't need an expensive phone so I never buy flagships

I don't understand "buyers remorse", I've never felt it before, I'm serious.

FPBP

Please forgive me.

the cognitive dissonance is strong on this one.

the 15 euro SANWU bluetooth amp's a tad hissy

????

>buy video games
>buy old thinkpads
I have buyer's remorse for you by just reading those two crimes.

Anything M-Audio. Speakers have no shielding (any EM waves cause static), audio interfaces have worse than pajeet tier drivers, 48V phantom power has no power.

Skimmed through the leaks, literally nothing of any value, just the names leaked and some intro project stuff, it's nothing substantial really.

Also audio interfaces lack any DC port, so phantom power is provided by USB (lol). Hardware is actually really nice, knobs are smooth, etc, but the company's basic lack of understand for making a working product negates any positives.

Audio technology in general is so old and tested that anything marketed as "high end" is an almost automatic ticket to buyer's remorse. Low end shit does exist but the secret is EARLY mid range.

e.g. there are some amazing earphones around $50 to $100 but no more.

not talking about your retarded audiophool crap. this is production gear.

>any headphones over $300 USD

I bought one of those c2d optiplex to run my plex server but didn't realize how cramped the case was

I bought 2 pounds of goat ribs and I thought they'd be as good at lamb's but those things are disgusting. I should have listened to the butcher. They are are destined for boiling mostly.

Synology NAS.

Why didn't you get a FreeNAS Mini, user?

I still wouldn't. But it would be better than this I guess.

Pretty much same boat as you, never had any buyers remorse.

The worst thing I ever got was Afterfall (Did I get the name right?) But that was free so it doesn't even count.

Also when CoD Blackops 1 was given to me as a present, I just got my first 560ti to replace my 8600GTS I saw, literally, 0 improvement. So I uninstalled and hated CoD ever since.

>when Sup Forums really likes them
Sup Forums hates videogames

i brought IKEA meme chair, it is not as comfy as expected

Morrowind

you mean the plastic 2 piece one with the holes in the backrest?

>Memechanical keyboard
>LEDs
>James Donkey 007 Meme mouse

My AMD R9 290x tbqh

aka Razer Cracking

Donkey Konga. I saved up $70.00 for that shitty game. I regretted as soon as I started playing the first level.

windos phone

i6700k. It's great, but I wish I could have bought a 1700 instead. I bought it feb last year though, so from that perspective I did the right thing instead of waiting a whole year and a bunch. 4 cores seems cucked.

Spent $2k on a transmission for an old car, bought a new one like a few months later. Think my sister totaled it not long after that anyway.

Don't use my rasp pi as much as I thought I would or should.

Care to elaborate? I'm in the market for one and just curious.

It's operating system is pretty restrictive, at best it's complete hell to use it as well as a normal linux distro. However this is in major part due to my model having a non x86 cpu, those models may be better. Other than that I've fast run into a wall for storage and am going to have to throw it out and build something with more expandability anyway. If I could do it over I'd go straight to a Supermicro 3U/4U or build something in a large but regular case. Then use a normal linux or bsd distro (not sure which yet though).

I fucking hate the thing I've got though, can't run the software I want to on it because it isn't compiled for ARM and I'm out of storage.

Understood. I'm concerned myself about expanding storage.

6700k/1070/16Gb DDR4/500GB SSD Gayming Desktop Build.

It's a good computer, but I still find myself using my T420 90%+ of the since I don't want to be confined in one area and I am always travelling. I was going to buy an XPS 15, and I should have.

Recommending FreeNAS and ZFS

Closest I'll get to that is FreeBSD and ZFS, I'm not using FreeNAS. More likely though I'll use CentOS/Debian/Arch with ZoL.

bought amd once
never again

Get freenas my dude

I'm trying to sell a custom computer I built because I don't use it.

this honestly. I really want to like it but firefox keeps shitting itself right after I bought it.

I'm officially done with the gaming meme.

Try SmartOS with real full ZFS, not the half FreeBSD implementation. SmartOS is best for any kind of file server since you just keep replacing your USB drive for the OS and all the hard drives are for storage. Can also easily run a private 'cloud' with SmartOS

I want to buy an AK a new computer and fix my stand up jet-ski but I have no money or a job and already in debt due to a DUI.

remorse

Should have gotten my RX480 from MSI instead of Sapphire

I got memed into GTX1060 instead of going with RX 480.

>buying a $360 zelda machine

>tfw DUIs nd sheeit
I know those feels but its been almost 7 years so I'm trying to get them expunged.

>Falling for the expunged meme

>Buy 7700k ES from ebay
>it only has 2 usable cores and won't go past 3ghz.

Paid 300$ for an rx 480 last summer.
>runs hot as fuck
>can't play all games at ultra 1080p 60

Same. I wish I bought a refurbished pc instead, I spent over a 1000$ on components I didn't even need

Aged flagships are pretty nice if you can get them for a decent price, they have good vendor(in some cases) and custom ROM support, and are all around balanced phones.

>t. Z3C owner

me too i wish i just got a comfy macbook, i don't play games or do anything requiring a desktop

>Buy RX480
>it just works
>AMD's actually putting out good drivers for once
>last week card starts crashing in evetything, even on the desktop
>Now hoping RMA fixes, if not I will go to NVIDIA 1070 botnet race