/v7g/ - Vault7 General

Install TempleOS - Edition

We are fucked!

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/index.html

"Today, Tuesday 7 March 2017, WikiLeaks begins its new series of leaks on the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. Code-named "Vault 7" by WikiLeaks, it is the largest ever publication of confidential documents on the agency.

The first full part of the series, "Year Zero", comprises 8,761 documents and files from an isolated, high-security network situated inside the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virgina. It follows an introductory disclosure last month of CIA targeting French political parties and candidates in the lead up to the 2012 presidential election."

Old Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/wikileaks-cia-what-are-they-explained-vault-7-year-zero-julian-assange-secrets-a7616826.html
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_1179700.html
boingboing
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_36896783.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/743824112376766465
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/810813937566543872
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've got nothing to hide.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

does devlan.net provide you with a trip get script?!

Are any of the exploits patched? What's stoping someone from going on a rampage and fucking everyone's shit up until then?

trips confirmed for russian

It's nothing new and that we didn't know before. This just confirmed some things.

>What's stoping someone from going on a rampage and fucking everyone's shit up until then?

i think Wikileaks intentionally left out code/files that could be used in such a way. They only left in shit that has already been available for some time.

rly meks u fink

So you're saying it's fake

STALLMAN WAS RIGHT

you tell me ...

Good. Don't make any mistakes, either. Oh, don't engage in any anti-establishment activism, either. See someone in power doing something wrong? You betta shut the fuck up and mind your god-damned business. Do as your told. It's only wrong if WE say it is. 2+2=5, o.k.? You are a good citizen- you have nothing to fear.

what operating system should i switch to from windows now?

windows xp

> Wikileaks has carefully reviewed the "Year Zero" disclosure and published substantive CIA documentation while avoiding the distribution of 'armed' cyberweapons until a consensus emerges on the technical and political nature of the CIA's program and how such 'weapons' should analyzed, disarmed and published.

>this image
Fuck off, Sup Forums.

Again.

Wait until the patch before taking any decision, but Ganoo linux is the easiest option.

everyones equally fucked so Windows is as secure as any other meme OS

except for TempleOS

holy lol check out this post boys

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/wikileaks-cia-what-are-they-explained-vault-7-year-zero-julian-assange-secrets-a7616826.html

>One of the most eye-catching programmes detailed in the documents is "Weeping Angel". That allows intelligence agencies to install special software that allows TVs to be turned into listening devices – so that even when they appear to be switched off, they're actually on.
>Weeping Angel

Has Tumblr infiltrated the CIA?

>hey let's take a bath in the sea, it's good for health, saltwater'n'shit
>get radiated by a nuclear submarine

Great vacation right there

>year zero

hey they named it after a NIN album. Are CIA fans of NIN?

>Has Tumblr infiltrated the CIA?

did you see their shitposts in their own devlan.net wiki? mostly reddit memes, anime weeb shit, cringey comments .. safe to say they use tumblr aswell

You need to operate from a "least worst" perspective now, which is still libre software

reminder to be wary of wikileaks at best

Write your own

>Tumblr

Everything else is excusable due to natsec. Tumblr however is not and they should be stabbed with bullets until they die.

This
Wikileaks has had some sketchy shit going on recently

Uranium fever. We fallout now

Langley please ............

Hello, CIA... Are you guys fans of NIN?

It's a reference to 0day, and it was named by WikiLeaks not cia

Look at that fishing expedition.

who

So is VLC outright compromised, vulnerable to some kind of malware injection, or what?

I just need to know if I should switch to MPV because of this.

All we know is that they know of a vulnerability and how to exploit it. You should probably switch to MPV anyways.

can't trust no one, never could.

it's been an interesting few years anons, i'll give you that.

Not him, but I HIGHLY doubt that this is the entire hacking capability of the CIA.

Wikileaks is a russian front!!!
No trump
No kkk
No facist usa

Agreed, especially combined with the fact that the leak contained nothing substantial

It's probably just WL bigging itself up

i think my tv has one of the tools running on it

They've got the exploits, but they're not letting random everyman have access to them. I'm assuming they're waiting on developer groups - linux, apple, m$, etc. to contact them for exploits details so it can be fixed.

TERRY WAS RIGHT !

t...teslas are still safe right?

Dude, CIA are literally ponyfags

>There's no difference between microphone and speaker

No need for Tumblr. Lovely Richard Feynman did something similar to his parents when he was 9 years old or something.

>So is VLC outright compromised, vulnerable to some kind of malware injection, or what?

I haven't seen anyone show proof of this. All I have seen is they use a modified VLC as a decoy program to exfiltrate data from a target system. They mention that the VLC player is loaded (either showing a movie clip or playing a song) and in the background it is siphoning data from the target system without anyone's knowledge.

Everybody can do that btw

You just need a modified 2.4ghz dongle and do a dos attack on the tire pressure sensors on cars from the 2000s

bord computer shuts down then and that leads to a stalled engine

if being done at 150mph that could lead to harm

Langley
a.k.a. CIA HQ

fuck off cia niggers, NiN coming for you.

>Langley
Or the surname of Asuka.

speaking of m$, they aren't given much attention in Year Zero.

could it be because they allowed a backdoor?

Your car, maybe, but not my 90's shitbox.

I'm looking though the embedded hardware section.. they're exploiting some hardware at the GPIO level- controlling LED modulation, and activity state. Many sections are incomplete, tho... here's just one example.
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_1179700.html

his whole story is fishy though

kek

i dont think that the avarange joe should care about NSA/CIA. it should care about facebook and this kind of things. the people that are beeing spy'd on should know how to counteract. the big corps should use thier power/money to pressure the agencies. they also should hire some people that can counteract and make good software.
also how to quote a text from a anohter thread?

No Jews
No CIA
No spying USA

Yeah, color me suprised

How did left-wing normies get to this point?

I kinda like the CIA more now. They were laughing at the paranoid wackos who thought they were safe this whole time.

>paranoid wacko
How were they wackos if they were right though?

Trisquel, Parabola, or FreeBSD.

this shit off the back of claims Intel provided hardware backdoors into PCs

boingboing
.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

fuck it Sup Forums I'm out
i'm moving to my local forest and learning to hunt with a bow see y'all niggers later

Not even meshnets can save us now

Hastings was killed by an explosive placed in his steering wheel instead of an airbag. The actual car crash was done by malware, but they had to make sure he died.

you just reply to the post number like >>xxxxxxx just like you normally would and it cross references

np guys .. i enjoy helping out the CIA! Just hire me ;)! Contact me!! You know how!!

Gnu/Hurd.

Honestly, playing the doubles advocate here for a second, they should just release everything. Even the damning, civilization destroying stuff.

The best way to end the problem and prevent it from ever happening again is by forcing a worst case scenario.

Hell, if Wikileaks has access to such leaked info and tools, then you can be damn sure other groups have it to and are actively using it for nefarious activity.

>the grugq

Dropped. Why does anyone listen to this glorified scriptkiddie faggot?

BOTNETS

i agree user

this really clonkers my bonkers.

The NSA has free range over all Earth dwelling humans for passive recording of everything we do, touch, say, think, download, look at, read, hear, close and open. how long we do those thing, and who or what with. The ONLY thing the NSA has any red tape about it TAO, and even then it's a rubber stamp yes-men "court."

Somehow the CIA found this to be absolutely harram and created it's own internal TAO without any rubber stamp court.

Holy shit everything is shaking apart because Hillary didn't get her turn and it is so fucking INTERESTING to watch! We are currently in the best timeline. I will kiss the ground of whatever beautiful person leaked this shit to the press. Of course, they're only doing it to shake shit up because the deep state did not get what it wants, but still.

What's happening?

They have that insurance file they circulated that they'll offer the decryption code to if Assange dies, allowing them to continue their activities

Honestly though I have a suspicion they're compromised in some form, October last year was extremely weird although that could be down to Assange's hikikomori-induced mania

HACKING UEFI BOOT PROCESS:

add a hook during the UEFI boot process and access the OS's kernel which is left in unprotected memory right before calling ExitBootServices during UEFI startup.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_36896783.html

what insurance file?

> I will kiss the ground of whatever beautiful person leaked this shit to the press

Do you like deep-sea diving in the atlantic ocean?

The CIA can get into anything, basically

is Legacy mode the way to go nowadays?!

fuck .. i should have known that beautiful bios GUIs are literally botnets

Stop it guys can't you see Wikileaks is diverting your attention against Trump? They're clearly backed by Russia/Trump.
It's literally nothing. We need to focus our attention on Trump's unconstitutional Muslim ban and his clear as day ties to Russia! The CIA are the last liberty loving group that fights against Trump's dictatorship and we ought to help them in any way we can

Assange blew another load.

>haven't been on Sup Forums in ages
>Vault 7

how's the shitstorm going lads?

something bigger than any of us

wikileaks is literally funded by them. it's public knowledge

assange had his life destroyed by false rape charges, now he wants revenge. you have to be a complete moron to not realize what's going on with wikileaks, USA and russia.

Elaborate?

APOLOGISE

CIA detected

Where do you think youre going?
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

There's 3, all AES encryped

One released in July 2010

Then 88GB in June 2016- twitter.com/wikileaks/status/743824112376766465

Then 83GB in December 2016- twitter.com/wikileaks/status/810813937566543872

Neat system really

They're almost certainly dead

fucken roboshits wont be able to walk properly for another 5 years at least.

plan to top myself before then anyway

Finnish media is actually saying that smart televisions can record your voice and CIA reads your whatsapp.

I'm somewhat surprised it's actually told to the majority.

>88 gigs worth of Assange dick pics

So, do I need to throw out everything?
Good thing I don't have any """smart""" TVs, but I do own a smartphone. I already knew I was sacrificing privacy, but it's getting out of control.
Also, should I just nuke with Windows drive and just use Debian Sid? I can hold out a few months without native games by just using emulation.
At this point, I'm really just going to do a bare minimum and not obsess over it with a faraday cage running free as in freedom hardware.

CIA hacked everything hackable.