Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_15729066.html
mpv.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead?

DELETE

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_15729066.html

What happened?

Easy to use as a wrapper for nefarious CIA tools, DLL hijacking and other such deeds.

You leftout the part where it states the attack is on the portable versions. I saw a leak that pointed to many portable applications. I'll try to find it.

WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS HAPPENING

You dont really understand the leaks if that's what you think.

VLC was one of a dozen programs that are used as a wrapper for an attack. It isn't IN VLC by default, it's simply easy as fuck to add an attack into it however.

FONT CACHE IS BEING REBUILT; PLEASE WAIT [inf] MINUTES

>open anime
>VLC hangs for 3.5 hours
This is 45% the reason I don't watch anime

>not using MPV or MPC-HC

well you're a retard anyway

never used it. don't care

they should make a md5 validation at least, of all the files post install, and when you open the program

Fucking Sup Forums on meltdown again. I wanted to talk about my shitty country's upcoming election.

>they should make a md5 validation at least
What's the point? There was already an attack used in 2012 which used an MD5 hash to fool windows into thinking it was running an official Microsoft signed program.

If it's been possible to actually break in the wild since ~2012, you can assume dozens, if not hundreds of people by this point could do the same.

SHA-2 is heading that way too within the next few years considering SHA 1 was just demonstrated to be broken in practice.

GOD DAMN CIA NIGGERS!!! Everyone go on Temple OS now. It's our only hope.

>implying the networked version of TempleOS wasn't made by the CIA

I haven't used VLC since Windows XP is my identity and 2006 anime safe??

shut up, emilio

>implying he was referring to the networked version

No joke, I uninstalled my copy today after 5 years of ignoring Sup Forums arguments against it

Your anime is fine but your megahurtz are gone and they ain't coming back.

just use it with microsoft EMET

but yeah... VLC is terrible when it comes to security, and the devs just don't care

>using windows exlusive software
And you're calling him a retard? Fuck off

This is why most rational people use more than 1 checksum algorithm per file. You might be able to fool a single checksum algorithm, but it would be computationally impossible to pull that off where multiple are involved.

What kind of shitty computer do you have?

>windows exlusive software
Holy shit, he's retarded.

>MPV
>mpv.io/
>OSX, Linux, BSD, Windows

>work for the government
>be a maintainer for a popular binary-release Linux distro
>distribute backdoored software
Your ass is grass faggots

Way to ignore the part where you clearly recommended MPC-HC which is windows only software. You intellectually dishonest piece of shit

And this is why I use Gentoo instead of Arch Linux despite the fact that I prefer Arch Linux.

Yeah how dare I offer multiple options that will work on multiple platforms.

If you're on windows, obviously my recommendation would be MPV.

Are you really this confrontational? Did mommy cut your tendie budget for the month?

Void?

>If you're on windows, obviously my recommendation would be MPV.
Clearly not, because you just recommended MPC-HC. Are you literally brain damaged? Seriously, how fucking stupid can you be you goalpost moving retard

isn't VLC an open source program? how did this sneak in with no one noticing?

Did anyone even read this?
Looks to me like:
>Spy has modified VLC (isn't it open source?)
>goes to work, appears to be using VLC
>collection going on in background
>Spy gives full flash to agent, gets a new one to steal more info.

It doesn't say installed VLC is being exploited

Wew

You know what I meant you massive cock gobbling semen demon.

>If you're NOT on windows

Amazingly enough, most of us here past highschool age have managed to get advanced enough with our understanding of written english to read past what the individual words say and pick up on contextual clues that set the tone and deliver the message.

Because as has been said multiple times in this thread but since half of you faggots have no understanding of how any of these exploits work telling you again wont change anything. IT'S A SIMPLE WRAPPER. VLC, is one of dozens of programs used. They're modifying it FROM the source, and THEN deploying it selectively against targets.

It's not like they've gone into the source code of ALL VLC installs and installed some backdoor, that would be stupidly easy to see.

>Amazingly enough, most of us here past highschool age have managed to get advanced enough with our understanding of written english to read past what the individual words say and pick up on contextual clues that set the tone and deliver the message.
nice run-on sentence moron.

What about the 55%?

>asset
>civilians aren't even considered human beings

):<

That's it, I'm no longer jerking off with the front cam on. They'll just have to settle for my slender legs and feet.

Are MPV shills targetting VLC now too?

just installed mpv, it's pretty tight

pic related >

>Way to ignore the part where you clearly recommended MPC-HC which is windows only software.

As a Windows users, this matters why?

Because it demonstrates that he was lying

Don't bother, people here doesn't care about the truth.

Fuck off, you're STILL upset that OGM files which haven't been used, EVEN by the OPUS group, in over a decade dont work properly?

Jesus you MUST be getting paid by someone, if you're this autistic on your own I seriously have to wonder how you made it this far in life.

Lol? Lying about what?

You threw a shitfit because he was recommending two pieces of software. Let it go, you autist.

He implied that he didn't recommend any windows exclusive software and then tried to move the goalposts when I called him out for it. are you retarded?

He gave two options and then you turned autistic.

Wow, you really are autistic if you're doubling down on this.

>lacking comprehension
No, I specifically called him out for recommending a piece of Windows-exclusive software. Only retards use Windows for personal use.

Literally 99% of all personal computers run windows.

You need to stop pretending

Well, ogm files work in literally every single other player I've tested them with, including libmpv based players. MPV player is doing something very wrong.

>Literally 99% of all personal computers run windows.
Yeah, and literally 99% of all people are (figuratively) retards (more than that really...)

and you threw a shitfit over it. let it go, you autist

No, you threw a shitfit because someone recommended something other than MPV, you dumb fucking shill. Grow up,.

Why would I let it go when I'm still getting a reaction out of you? You must be GNU here.

>monkey see monkey do

why would I care about the normie's choice?

OGM files shouldnt be used by ANYONE to begin with. OGMs were never even officially supported by Opus.

OGM files were created as a hack to get video in OGG. It was never officially supported, and replaced by OGV officially from the Opus group.

I don't care what other video players do with it, using it as an example of WHY a video playback program is "broken" is so beyond retarded I don't have a word to describe just how retarded it is.

I don't even like MPV. It's shit. See my post you retard

Dunno. Why would you care enough to comment on it, idiot? And if you're not that guy, then just fuck off, why are you even replying.

Oh good, so you ARE the same autist who has been throwing a shit fit about MPV and OGM for over 2 months now.

>I was just pretending to be retarded
literal damage control

No you're thinking of Alex. I only started carrying the torch over the last couple weeks or so.

No, you are still a retard for recommending windows-exlusive software. The fact that I am continuing this conversation in order to get a rise out of you is completely independent of that. But of course, I wouldn't expect a moron like you to understand that.

Anyone who thinks it's a valid argument is deficient of brain-cells.

>this random file format which was never even officially supported by the container from 15 years ago doesn't work in my CURRENT YEAR video playback software

Fucking autistic

What is your media player of choice if not MPC or MPV then? Surely you can't be dumb enough to still be using VLC, can you?

>you are still a retard for recommending windows-exlusive software
wasn't me retard. I've been letting the other posters bash you since you're obviously a moron.

>throwing a shitfit because somebody recommended a software you didn't like
literal autist

The CIA nigger successfully derailed this thread.

You can't derail a thread that was never on track in the first place.

No I don't use VLC either. Pretty much any libmpv based player that isn't MPV player seems to work great. I usually recommend Baka-Mplayer. I was using Bomi for awhile, but they actually forked the mpv project rather than utilizing libmpv.

>wasn't me
Sure buddy. I totally believe you too.
>inb4 shooped screenshot displaying lack of (You)

So tell me, why are you such an autist? Throwing so much of a shitfit over something so trivial? Are you angry about something? Show us on your dick where Windows touched you.

>>inb4 shooped screenshot displaying lack of (You)
don't worry, I took a webM and refreshed the page to show just how retarded you are.

Honestly I get enjoyment out of trolling people on Sup Forums. Isn't that why pretty much everyone comes to Sup Forums? If I wanted to have a real discussion I would go to some highly specific subreddit.

>highly specific subreddit
newfag detected.

I've been on Sup Forums since it was Sup Forumsuro. When it first became technology it was actually a great place for indepth technical discussions.

you and others like you have ruined it over the years.

>I was only pretending to be retarded
>I admit to browsing reddit
Thanks for contributing to the vicious cycle of making this place eternally shit

>this nigga has been having a tantrum for almost an hour because someone dared to recommend something not available on linux
Honestly one of the most autistic threads of 2017 so far

that's actually an impressive thing to do within ~3 minutes of his post.

I've been browsing Sup Forums for 12 years, so don't give me that bullshit. Sup Forums has always been shit. The "Sup Forums used to be good" meme a lie. Also, everyone knows only newfags call other people newfags.

>The "Sup Forums used to be good" meme a lie
wew, actual newfag 100% confirmed. If you don't remember the good days, you weren't here 12 years ago.

CP, credit cards, live suicides, etc.

>I've been browsing Sup Forums for 12 years, so don't give me that bullshit
Only newfags try to get validation by stating the number of years they've allegedly been browsing here

wow I guess you win. good job buddy.

How so? It's not like creating a webm takes a lot of skill or is a time consuming process.

No, but to do it within 3 minutes shows it isn't shopped or fucked with, it's just a straight webM proving the other dude wrong.

Quality post.

And yet you are still replying for some reason. Were you perhaps dropped on your head as a child?

Dude, how can you seriously be that easy to troll? In the same sentence I told you what I was doing. Do you honestly think I don't know that Sup Forumstards react that way towards "le plebbit". Jesus christ you are retarded.

>people keep getting baited

and you're still going to complain that this place is shit while contributing to its shittyness
thanks faggot

FUCK VLC NOW

That's because there are better forums for discussion. Sup Forums is just not a good format for that.

inb4 he gets baited again

Then return from whence you came, you'll find no karma here

I'm going to add this to the list of types of troll if it's not already. I'll call it the "transparent troll"

I don't reside on any particular part of the internet. I go wherever I want. The fact of the matter is that Sup Forums is only a good format for literal shills and trolls.

>Complaining about trolls while being a troll
That's like complaining about a robbery infestation in your area while you're doing the same.

I'm not complaining about trolls though. I'm stating fact that anonymous image boards are better suited for trolls and shills than they are for regular users. I have no problem with this website being shit. I take advantage of it. Different tools for different jobs.

He trolling, you supreme idiot

lol the timestamps make us look like samefags