Looking for a simple free video editor

I've been going crazy trying to find a simple free video editing tool like Windows Movie Maker or Freemake. All I want to do is cut videos and remove parts. Sounds pretty simple but all the shit i find that's free leaves logos on the video or you need to be an engineer to use

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra
heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php
shotcut.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Davinci resolve is probably your best bet but it's still pretty full featured/complicated

Blender is pretty good for simple edits.

shotcut

I just watched a video on that and people in the comments were saying that it doesn't let you select an portion of the video to remove easily.

i'll look into these thanks

Just pirate a copy of Adobe Premiere.

Yes it's professional grade software but it has an intuitive interface and you shouldn't have problems with it.

Windows does not come with movie maker anymore?

At least on a Mac you can download iMovie for free on the app store

I still use movie maker. (win 7)
It's downloadable on the microsoft website.

first install gentoo.
then run
emerge -v kdenlive

then
rm -rf /

The copy I downloaded wouldn't let me save my project without paying.

There's a website you can download pre-logo versions of freemake, but my antivirus tells me there's a virus called OpenCandy. Not sure if it's just adware or pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra
Cinelerra is a video editing and compositing software package. It is designed for the Linux operating system. It is produced by Heroine Virtual, and is free software distributed under the GNU General Public License. Cinelerra also includes a video compositing engine, allowing the user to perform advanced compositing operations such as keying and mattes.

Cinelerra has a wide range of features[2] including support for high-fidelity audio and video: it processes audio using 64 bits of precision, and can work in both RGBA and YUVA color spaces, using floating-point and 16-bit integer representations, respectively. It is resolution and frame rate-independent, meaning that it can support video of any speed and size.

Cinelerra's interface is similar to that of other Non-linear editing systems, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Avid Media Composer. However, because it includes a compositing engine, it may also be likened to compositing software such as Adobe After Effects, Smoke on Linux or Shake.

>heroine warrion
kek heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php

blender

since when Blender do video editing? For me, it was just 3D editing all along.

this wtf

use kdenlive

I use Hitfilm 4 Express. Completely free. Use it to make shitty webms for Sup Forums.

It's useful to combine all the images you rendered into the video / overlay audio.
More complicated stuff should be done elsewhere.

VirtualDub/VirtualDub(Mod)

>All I want to do is cut videos and remove parts.
Don't bother with video editors then.
They reincode and takes a long time, not really what you want.
Say you want the first 10 seconds file.mp4:
ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -ss 00:00:00 -to 00:00:10 -c copy ten_sec_of_file.mp4

shotcut.org/

avidemux lad

Kdenlive got a Windows port recently, try that

>adobe premiere
Know any good torrent link?
The only ones I could find of the latest version on public trackers is by some sandnigger named Sadeem
I'm not entirely confortable running that shit

>-c copy
That's great and all, but there a couple of disadvantages to that. ffmpeg can only cut at keyframes, so the actual start and end of your cut might be off by a few seconds.
If you truly want the times listed, you'll have to reencode.

find/install AdobePremierePro11All.zip
find/run amtemu.v0.9.2-painter.zip

Seconded. It is very simple to use for basic tasks.

>All I want to do is cut videos and remove parts.
ffmpeg

Only being able to cut at keyframes is shitty, yeah, but the end is always the one you've specified. Only the beginning may vary, but then again, you can use your video player to jump to keyframes, get their time stamp and put that as ss. The only restriction is the beginning of the cut, not the end or the duration.
Also, remember that all videos start with a keyframe, so you can always cut at 0.

The leading zeros are unnecessary.
-ss 0 -to 10
That does the same thing.

ffmpeg

Fucking kids nowadays. Download it in a legit way, then patch amtlib.

Lightworks (lwks.com)

Shotcut.

shotcut.org/