What do we do now folks? Apparently Ryzen isn't shit for games anymore

What do we do now folks? Apparently Ryzen isn't shit for games anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700a40g
siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700x40g
siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1800x40g
twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/839998409918537728
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dbt_7FiD8hTo2uuOIKBE3ATCDRqVRpAHFsKnieEncv0/edit#gid=87938175
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gas the kikes.

Say "It is" and post the Day 1 charts that have already been posted 30,000 times.

It was never shit, just worse than the 7700k
And it seems it still is

Asrock AB350 PRO4 or Gigabyte AB350 GAMING3?

What changed?
>inb4 dubious benchmarks run on Windows 7

Day 1 benchmarks are all that matter.
Everything else is unrealistic
You can't expect people to update their BIOS and OS

This

Especially the benchmarks done on motherboards with the known bios issue.

Asrock Taichi or Gigabyte Aorus

Best mobos out at the moment.

Someone tested with Performance mode in Windows enabled instead of balanced and disabled the HEPT because it was fucking shit up.

>muh 5% difference in games

Jesus fuck. Why wouldn't you just buy whatever is cheaper at that point?

changed windows power plan from "balanced" to "high performance".
deactivated windows high precision event timer.

limited budget

So a 1700 overclocked?
Don't mind if I do!
1800X is just for people who don't overclock.

Top kek
>gamers going to have to disable obscure feature just 'cuz
Damn it, Microsoft

or for people who want to overclock to 4.1 instead of 4.0

>being this short-sighted
because one is a mature architecture with little to nothing to be gained in future optimization, but a new socket coming every year. the other will only get even better and the socket will be supported for at least 4 years so you can just throw in a new CPU and be dandy for several more years.

I've seen some 1700's hit 4.1 as well, it's all up to lottery.

Still, that .1GHz ain't worth the $200
And if you turn off the 1700 OC you got a very efficient CPU for running all day without burning down your house.

easy as fuck to patch though.

>You can't expect people to update their BIOS and OS
LMAO, what kind of statement is that, like it means anything anymore?

Yes, you can absolutely not expect most _people_ to update or change their BIOS or OS. This doesn't matter anymore since computers now come with Windows 10 pre-installed and that "OS" updates automatically without user intervention.

As for Ryzen, the situation there will be different. Those who buy motherboards and CPUs themselves absolutely will update their BIOS and both install and update their OS. I know I would, just like I've done with every computer I've build and owned since forever.

He's being sarcastic.

Post Fallout or GTFO

>Best mobos out
Yeah, sold out maybe.

There's still work to be done though, but this is looking good.

Apparently Windows 7 parks cores less and is less aggressive in migrating threads across CCX.

As much as I love AMD for being behind budget-minded consumers, the 1700 should have been multiplier locked. It's just too good for what it is at $330. It'll completely cannibalize profits from the higher SKUs if it isn't doing so already.

Meanwhile here you can really see what kind of unholy disaster Windows 10 default settings are.

Don't be dumb, a very small amount of people overclock, just look at amazon sale, the regular 1700 is usually the least sold part.

>Windows is WORKING I swear

Jesus fuck MS

If you're buying a Ryzen chip standalone for a system you build yourself...

You'd probably know about overclocking.

I mean, with your logic the G3258 wouldn't have even been a fucking blip on the radar.

They can all overclock, though. This isn't like Kiketel's K series.

The OC market is tiny, tiny and has always been, it's a common thing to do among tech minded sites, but these sites are practically interest vacuums, you should see how actual, regular, normal people deal with their chips.

Hint: they think BIOS is a hacker console.

there are enough kiddies willing to have mommy pay the "X"-markup.

Regular tech luddites are not a standard worth measuring. Any argument weighting their experience is just as retarded as they are. Stop it, shill.

I have to agree with this statement, I overclock when I have the cooling and a CPU that does it, but my friends bought i7-6700k's a few months back and some noctua coolers and haven't even touched the clock settings even though I could easily go over and do it myself in a matter of a few minutes and bump up their speeds to like 4.5ghz more than likely, but they aren't that interested in that, which begs the question, why did they ask me to pick them out such a bulky cooler?

Because it looks cool and more money equals better.

You can't overclock the 1700 the same as you do the X models, at least not without cranking up a lot of voltage. The upper models achieve higher clocks with lower voltages.

At least with the 1700 you have a nice stock cooler, it's not clear when AMD will release the 1700X and 1800X with a cooler.

>game reads Ryzen to have 16 cores

gg developers and/or Intel

Voltage is the same, I've seen 1800X's needing 1.42V to reach 4.0 and 1700's needing 1.4V to reach 4.0.

It's funny cause most major games are made for consoles that use AMD 2x4 core CPUs, so you would think modern games would be optimised for this kind of multithreaded architecture. Kinda makes you think it really is a windows issue.

siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700a40g
siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700x40g
siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1800x40g

>As of 3/13/17, the top 26% of 1700s were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
>1.44V CPU VCORE

>As of 3/13/17, the top 29% of 1700Xs were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
>1.424V CPU VCORE

>As of 3/13/17, the top 73% of 1800Xs were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
>1.408V CPU VCORE

Where is the 1700? And why are there so many Germans in this board?

this

>Where is the 1700?
Some 10% slower.

This isn't fair, only games that use max of two cores should be tested.

Damn either I have a good 1800x or they need to really need to ditch that Asus motherboard. My proc will do 2+ hours in Realbench at 4.0GHz with 1.365 vcore. That's on an ASRock Professional Gaming motherboard.

>he actually bought a shitzen

LMAO

Enjoy your space heater, kike

Enjoy your shit gaming performance, retard!

>gaming

>frustrated

>implying

>over 250 bucks mainboard needed
>single ranked Ram with 3000Mhz+ needed

It adds up.
Ib4 poorfag

That's only the price, and then you have to manually do all kind of stuffs to get the full potential out of it.

All I can say is that it's inconvenient.

Germans are retards.

könnt ihr euch noch erinnern als auf amd chips DIFFUSED IN GERMANY stand?

Jetzt heißt es Make America great again. :/

Sandniggers took over AMD

Project Cars is an outflyer though, at least.

Glad this issue will be fixed in the new driver tho.

More like a $150 - $200 motherboard. Taichi is $200 and it has the same power phase config as the $250 boards.

Good ram is a must but you don't NEED single rank.

Hey Sup Forumsuys, I was looking to pick up an r7 1700 for some gaming and production stuff, I was wondering if it matters if I was gonna get 16gb of ram whether i got 1x16gb stick or 2x8gb sticks?

GlobalFoundries should upgrade Dresden at one point and then the cutting-edge chips would be again made there instead of Saratoga.

Always go for 2 DIMMs, or you lose a lot of memory bandwidth

it was planned all along.

Shit games, test proper games like Fallout, GTA5 and Skyrim, these are just shit!

260€ in Germany for the Taichi.

also

>no good µATX boards available

>already have bought 16GB DDR4 withh 2666Mhz ram recently

It's simply inconvenient for me.

When the fuck are decent AM4 µATX boards gonna be released?

mATX is just shit, either go full mITX or go fuck yourself with your gimped in-between form factors

No, you are just shit because you ran out of arguments.

Go kys

>using manletATX in a full ATX case
No purpose whatsoever besides wanting to pay more for less chokes and I/O

I haven't looked too much into it, but I have an r9 390 I was planning on moving to a ryzen based computer, is there a software I could use that would utilize the r9 390 as well for rendering?

What would be the impact of the 200MHz difference between the 1700 at 3.8GHz and 4.0GHz in real-world applications and games?

>Skyrim
yea bcus a shit game that's also a 5 year old game which also only uses 4 cores is a great testbench for modern hardware.

very small impact obviously while you save a lot of money, basically a free mobo. you might even get lucky and btfo most 1800x chips.

That's the point, silly

So under basically no circumstances should I buy anything "more" than a 1700, since all R7 chips will reach similar clocks at similar voltages? I've been hearing this for a while now, I just want some clarification. I'm planning on getting a 1700 with the Taichi in three or five years when they're finally in stock.

It seems like you get better results with ASRock or Gigabyte boards. Asus AM4 boards right now are complete and utter shit and should have never seen the light of day.

>LOL AMDfags "muh optimizations" HAHAHA
Anyways, this pretty much confirms what I'll upgrade to. It's finally time to ditch the 2500K.

Unless you're disabled and you can't follow simple instructions on how to navigate through the BIOS and change a multiplier, you should not buy the 1700X or 1800X.

Fuck, what am I saying, you can even do it with Ryzen Master. OC'ing is literally clicking a button on some software nowadays.

>there are retards who think there is no difference between the 1700 and the 1800X

Go kys, you low IQ twerps.

Your 1700 will never meet the 95W TDP with the clocks of an 1800X.

It's gonna be a 70Watts+ difference in power consumption.

Run it long enough in the OC mode and you will be better off with the 1800X.

This

twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/839998409918537728

chances are pretty low that your 1700 will oc to 4ghz...

how many cpus per model?

here are some more OC results

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dbt_7FiD8hTo2uuOIKBE3ATCDRqVRpAHFsKnieEncv0/edit#gid=87938175

I.don't think we've seen everything out of XFR yet.

>As much as I love AMD for being behind budget-minded consumers
What? It's barely faster than an i5 for over $100 more.

I imagine the ones over 4GHz probably aren't stable.

probably not

still curious on how many CPUs they tested here

>Goal post shifting
>No need for an i7 an i5 is all you need

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

STOP POSTING FAKE BENCHMARKS
STOPSTOPSTOPSOPTSTOP