/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSR8wKQ-TEU
youtube.com/watch?v=oljF0L0n4J0
youtube.com/watch?v=wGbLBVrpBYs
amazon.com/AKG-Q701Premium-Reference-Headphones-Signature/dp/B004444O46
au.pcpartpicker.com/product/zsWrxr/sennheiser-hd-569-headset-hd-569
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-800-s/with/schiit/magni-2
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-800-s/with/fiio/e10k
bbc.com/news/world-asia-39275826
amazon.com/Venture-Electronics-MONK-earbud-earphone/dp/B01M2707BI?th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really need this in my life youtube.com/watch?v=cSR8wKQ-TEU

quit spamming your YT channel, fag

Please leave, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=oljF0L0n4J0
youtube.com/watch?v=wGbLBVrpBYs

Can I get those headphones in green like OPs pic?

Fuck off, he's a good review who makes accurate and detailed reviews. Nothing like the faggots like Z Reviews and InnerFidelity who you guys watch.

whats the big deal? some anons just like certain youtubers and this one is pretty good imo

Yes.

amazon.com/AKG-Q701Premium-Reference-Headphones-Signature/dp/B004444O46

what on earth is up with her mouth??

fuc me, out of stock in uk

LMAO

dude, how fucking desperate can you get when you're shilling your YT channel on a mongolian cartoon image board in a thread that gets maybe 30 unique IPs?

you should reconsider your spamming/advertising strategy and also reconsider your life. your life's shit dude. you'll never amount to anything. you'll always be a fucking loser.

Jesus Christ, OP. You're a fucking disgrace to all anime posters out there; delet this thread right now and post a better waifu, you degenerate fuck.

Not sure with HD 569s, but the HD 598 Cs' are coloured, muddy pieces of shit.

Looking to buy new headphones.

Budget: $100-200AUD
Source: Computer/Android phone
Type: Full-size, pref. over ear
Open/closed: Closed, I like my isolation
Comfort level: Willing to sacrifice sound quality for comfort
Soundsig: Bassy or V-shaped, but this isn't a priority
Past headphones; I usually just borrow my dad's set, he has a Bose pair which are super comfy, but I don't know the model.

Other: Pref. durability as a priority. Option to attach some kind of headset mic would be nice too, but not essential (I'm also in the market for a cheap mic).

AKG K612

get k7xx. same shit

You mean K712?

Actually the q701 is more similar to the k701.

>AKG K612
he said closed. go back to your YT channel, retard.

no. Massdrop x AKG K7XX. $199. still available. best deal if AKG world.

I mean if you want to wait for MolassesDrop to ship them 2 months after purchase, go for it.

Aren't AKG k7XXs also open?

well, in my book that beats paying $100 extra now. if you're rich, then go buy K712

can't you fucking read? I wasn't recommending K7xx to the guy that wanted closed cans.

Honest mistake, sorry. Chill, why do you get so mad? Are you this faggot, again?

You really do stick out, don't you?

are you gonna call me an AKG shill now? in previous thread you claimed I was a Sennheiser shill.

kek

like I said, you're either that buttmad Schiit or Phillips shill. stay mad... and retarded. judging by the previous exchange, you have comprehension skills of a mildly retarded kid.

Why are you guys getting so mad at each other? I'm just here to get some comfy closed headphones man.

No, I have learned my lesson. I should have waited to make sure you were a shill. Now I realize you just recommend shitty headphones.

Also:
>Implying there are only two shills in this general

~Welcome to neo-/hpg/~

i don't know man.. this guy has a hardon for me or something. in one of the previous threads I posted this pic and he got his panties in a twist over it. I also called out that other Schiit shill autist who keeps on posting head-fi/audibot links to Fulla2 all the fucking time.

I don't capitalize my sentences so I guess I'm easy to track (and I'm not even trying to hide). anyway, maybe I really should stop arguing with mentally ill.

Comfy? Not sure about Aussie bucks, but try HD 569s over AKGs; they don't fit everybody with their suspension system and rounded earcups.

Man, I did guess you correctly! But sadly, I am not that user; sorry.

>Budget
$150

>Location
Australia

>Source
The upcoming Xperia XZ Premium

>Type of headphone
Full-sized

>Open or closed
Closed prefered.

>Comfort level
Doesn't matter

AUD is 300 for those ones. They look nice tho.

Try this link:

au.pcpartpicker.com/product/zsWrxr/sennheiser-hd-569-headset-hd-569

A little bit over budget, sorry.

Still a bit over budget at 230, unfortunately.

Hmm okay. What would I have to sacrifice to get decent headphones in that budget?

Sorry, deleted it because open headphones.

Before you do that, try looking at the Brainwavz HM5 headphones made by Yoga. I couldn't find anything on their price, but they are relatively cheap where I live. They are damn comfy, and they sound good for $100 USD. The only bad thing about them are its looks, which is more of a personal thing. I just hope you don't plan on wearing them in public.

Happy birthday umi \o/

Waifu: sonoda umi
Headphones: Sennheiser HD598, HD600
Source: Schiit stack (modi2u + magni2u)

umi pic from sadpanda/g/1017328/ec339756f3/

>Whenever I had headphones that did this I would suspend it in the air and have it unravel itself for a few minutes

oh my

Don't do that

What happens to the Windows volume controller when you add a standalone DAC?
Can you still control the volume via windows?

Yes. Just the icon changes to display to show is an external sound card.

Looks like this

Yeah, you can.

When you have an amp with a volume knob, however, it is recommended to use it and leave windows master volume at 100%.

The reason is that there's quality loss with windows approach (software) to volume. Even if there wasn't, doing volume at the DAC isn't as ideal as doing it in the AMP.

But this is all theory territory. In practice, chances are, all approaches will sound fine to you ;).

Do you guys clean your pads/ headphones at all, or just buy new ones every year.

I bought some hd598c's 3 months ago and they're kinda start smelling bad if you sniff them, what do i do?

I've cleaned my pads many times but I also buy new ones.

3 month should be nothing.

I've had HD598 for 3 years now, they don't have a smell or even look dirty... and I've never cleaned them :O

How do you clean them?

I have velvet pads wont they get ruined?

you should never control volume with software if you have an AMP/DAC. you should set it to 100% on your OS side and then just use AMP/DAC to actually set volume you want.

Hand wash, with soap. They're probably fine if you toss them in with your laundry too.

For velour pads, it ruins how they have a consistent direction on the fabric but the comfort isn't affected.

wash them with dish soap in warm water. do it at least once per month.

once they flatten, buy new ones.

>tfw you hear a song from your childhood for the first time in 15+ years with your new headphones

>them in with your laundry too.
that will ruin them completely. way too violent. never do this. NEVER. you should stop giving people retarded advice.

redpill me /hpg/

> Schiit
> With fucking australian prices
Just burn your money desu cunt

At least Schiit looks good on my desk

Oh I forgot the DAC for the Jotunhelm

make that $799 for it, yikes

It's not like you have a any visitors ever anyways faggot. Even if you managed to kidnap a girl and bring her to your basement she won't drop her panties when she sees your shitty 700 bucks block of ugly aluminium

Is one pin really thicker than the other or is that an optical illusion? Can someone check on genuine cable? Thx.

Schiit's just a meme. Get the cheapest E10k instead. No one can tell differences between >$50 DACs anyway.

Is that the connector for the 600/650s?

stop buying shit headphones/pads

Just checked my 650, one pin is indeed thicker.

>Just checked my 650, one pin is indeed thicker.
In the manual/booklet it doesn't say that at all!

You're suppose to insert plugs so the letters are facing outwards. That's what I've been doing anyway.

Balanced is a meme.

Schiit modi+magni is pretty much the top end. Past that, it's audiophile hell.

>Is one pin really thicker than the other

yes

yes

See Yes, it's enough for HD800s too.

>Schiit modi+magni is pretty much the top end.
I fucking dare you to test that stack against a $60 E10k. You will NOT be able to tell the difference. When people started doing DBTs on Head-Fi and exposing bullshit, admins completely banned discussions about these topics because it hurt their advertisers (Schiit, Chord etc).

Half the reason it's appealing to me is because I have the Modi/Magni 2 (non-uber) so if I ever bought any speakers I would have to get something with more outputs

dac vs dac? Probably.

amp vs amp? No. The e10k is spec'd pretty low.

>HD800S

Generally you'd want 115dB+ to be safe (nwavguy dixit)
Magni 120dB:
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-800-s/with/schiit/magni-2

e10k 110 dB (assumed from 32Ω, HP is 300Ω... good luck):
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-800-s/with/fiio/e10k

Note e10k has no line in, so for budget I'd recommend schiit fulla2 anyway.

My setup (headphones, waifu... yeah that's my desk):

That's how I got the uber versions.

Modi2 Uber has 3 inputs:
USB -> free!
spdif coax -> motherboard spdif output
spdif optical -> ps3

And Magni2 Uber has a nice speaker output... which I'm not using, but plan on getting some decent desktop speakers to go with it.

>Balanced is a meme.

it is

>Schiit modi+magni is pretty much the top end

I'd say the Audio-gd NFB-11 would be. It costs just a little bit more than a Schiit stack, and is better than even the Jotunheim

>mods banned threads about how good e10k performed
Is that really true?
I heard for some cans like the Fostex T50rp, the e10k doesn't get that loud.

Also, can anyone with an e10k comment on sound at high gain, high volume?

Yeah I should have gotten the Uber version but at the time I was out of work and it would have came to about 600 AUD

There's real balanced amplifiers and cables out there, surely.

Do they sound better, however? That's all it's about. Past a certain point, it's meme.

>audiobot links
You're that Fulla2 shill. Will not argue with shills.

>Is that really true?
Yes.

>I heard for some cans like the Fostex T50rp, the e10k doesn't get that loud.
Not true at all. I've driven pretty much every can I've tried and they worked fine. Even Beyerdynamic T90, which is hard to drive, works fine off a cheaper dac/amp.

>You're that Fulla2 shill. Will not argue with shills.

I'm not a shill. I actually paid for my shit. And you should really get a fulla2, they're great nifty little devices.

My desk Umi deserves no less than schiit stack + HD600.

>Also, can anyone with an e10k comment on sound at high gain, high volume?

e10k sounds good as long as you don't exceed its amp specs.

Would actually be a decent recommendation (not bad for chink!) if it had a line-in. Alas, it forces the use of its DAC.

>When you have an amp with a volume knob, however, it is recommended to use it and leave windows master volume at 100%.
>The reason is that there's quality loss with windows approach (software) to volume.

Pretty sure this was changed ages ago. Though I might be wrong.

nfb-11 is better than jot
800 is better than 800S, especially after modding
no clue about the speakers

Balanced is never worth it. Most people that waste their money falling for the balanced meme do it just to satisfy their curiosity/OCD

Not to mention the placebo effect

I would order the nfb-11 in a heartbeat if their store wasn't out of the 1980s

> Select goods -->Get a quote (by E-mail)-->Confirm remittance (by E-mail) --> Deliver goods

such a joke

Look up how to clean velour/velvet. Make sure your brush them correctly.

It's legit. They just do their business through paypal. It's worth the hassle.

Yes, that's what I meant to say.

I should have been more explicit. :X

Really that's no excuse for not putting a "pay now with paypal" button or whatever on their site, it would give everyone back some time in their day

Thanks for the clarification mates, just ordered the Aune x1s.

>buy bluetooth headphones they said
kek
bbc.com/news/world-asia-39275826

enjoy your chinkshit burns fellas.

It's because of the custom options you need to specify, for example the TCXO upgrades for the DAC and USB in the NFB-11. As well as the price for shipping that needs to be calculated by weight and what country you're from, since they're shipping worldwide

So I couldn't wait for more suggestions and they all seemed to have one problem or another, but as I need some urgently I settled with the Shure SRH840.
I read some good reviews and I've had Shure IEMs in the past so I trust the quality

Got them for 118eu from a local online store

Now someone tell me how badly I fucked up

This is urgent. Broke my Xiaomi piston 3s and Xiaomi Hybrids over the course of a year and the left side's ruined on each by doing nothing, can't hear a thing on the left even after mucking about with the mesh. Need some better earphones up to 40AUD that are durable, I don't mind how it sounds for the time being but I need options

I ordered one not too long ago. After you ask for a quote, you can request them to send an invoice request to your paypal email. From there, it's like a "pay now with paypal" button.

>Budget
50€?

>Location
Germany

>Source
My Phone, Laptop

>Type of headphone
IEM's but not the ones you literally have to stick in your ear canal if possible

>Comfort level
i am willing to sacrifice comfort for better sound even if it means sticking them right in there

>Past headphones
Beyerdynamics DT880's are my only real pair of quality headphones enjoy everything about them from sound to comfort

Is it normal for amazon to ship headphones so late?

I bought some headphones from a third party at amazon but they are fulfilled by amazon ware houses. I ordered the fucking thing on late Wednesday and they are still at Preparing for Shipment. They have not taken the money out yet so I am kind of left wondering what is the deal. Everything else on amazon I ordered has come on time but it would seem every time I order headphones from them they take forever.

I was thinking of getting these headphones about a year ago. They aren't good value and construction/build quality isn't good. They also don't have a flat response and a lackluster low end.

>IEM's(in ear monitors) but not the ones you literally have to stick in your ear canal
Monks?

amazon.com/Venture-Electronics-MONK-earbud-earphone/dp/B01M2707BI?th=1

are you talking about these?

> 20 bucks for the remote version
Aren't these like 10 on ali?

yeah.

It's a recommended product by /csg/ you can find them >$10 on aliexpress but shipping times and quality vary.

aids build quality
just get some m40x or some shit at leas thats better