Walmart Area 71

subtopia.blogspot.com/2006/06/area-71.html
nytimes.com/2004/11/14/business/yourmoney/what-walmart-knows-about-customers-habits.html
web.archive.org/web/20070426150740/http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org:80/walmart/2007/spying_operation.php

This right here is Walmart's "Area 71" datacenter. That's right, it's a literal and absolutely fucking massive botnet. If you've ever set foot in a Walmart, you've been botnetted. If you've ever protested against Walmart, you've been botnetted. If you've reported on suc protests, you've been botnetted. If you were for some reason dumb and connected to their wifi, all of your personal emails are now theirs and the botnet's. If for some reason you're working there, you're actively being spied on by the botnet.
People are quick to scream "BOTNET" with the traditional companies (Google, MS, Yahoo, et al), but many don't realize that Walmart is also a massive botnet. Arguably, a far more scarier botnet that's actually real and literal.
>All of the data are precious to Wal-Mart.

>he doesn't know

This is why I only deal with trustworthy organizations like Amazon

kek

And tho think they were doing this all they back in 2004. It's good I don't buy from Amazon like him.

>red_1337_star762 !eMRS5YxXBA

Kek typical fucking walmart just copy and paste a fucking supercenter blueprint for their datacenter even the fucking parking lot

Hello wallmart/amazon botnet.

>When you first walk in theres a screen overhead showing you on camera
>always unsettled me when I saw it
>tfw its actually been botnetting me the whole time
another fucking reason to never leave my house

It's legal because they're showing you the recording.

But if you return the favor, they yell at you. Do you not see something wrong with this?

What if im blind

Too bad, you consented anyway.

>live in america
>land of the 'free'
>get spied on

dude, its just so they know if you like Cheeto's or whatever

Not reading the brail disclaimer would be considered negligent in court

I once went into a wal mart and bricked their router and wiped all the OS's off their laptops

does that make me botnetted?

Prove it or fuck off.

all of their router passwords are walmart + store number for the electronics department

all of their laptops allow bios settings & boot config changed

wasn't hard

>all of their laptops allow bios settings & boot config changed
How the fuck could you even access them though??

Through the botnet

Should've known, the Intlel management engine.

turn off laptop press delete..

>live across the street in middleoffucknowhere frmo that datacentre
>enjoy the fastest internet speeds because of said botnet
you're just jelly walmart didn't open up a datacentre near you.

unless you're one of those city folk, in which case, kys yourself.

>tfw your peanut butter is botnetted

>all of their router passwords are walmart + store number for the electronics department
is that really fucking true?

You're on a list now

I've managed to get far enough that management with earpieces greeted me after I passed the clothing section almost to electronics, but I'm partly schizophrenic and it takes a lot of unnecessary effort to get to the point of hiding in plain sight like that. Or at least the effort becomes exponential in decision making and prediction evasion when in plain sight. I can basically wipe my working memory clean and experience any drug at any time. But I like to decide in the moment on everything so they try to sell shit and I rather not let it influence my decision.

by botnet you mean they store and analyze a bunch of your data to be more profitable.

nobody cares that you buy zebra cakes everyday

that is for security purposes. unless you're stealing shit, there's no way walmart would ever attempt to connect that video feed of you to your purchase history.

>nobody cares that you buy zebra cakes everyday
Not right now. In a decade, that will be a flag for poor decision making, bad upbringing, possible genetic inferiority, low IQ, poor impulse control, etc.

Well its still fun to attempt to make the botnets work harder by purposely altering decisions and being unpredictable to the point that it possibly influences other customers in their route, but yeah I want some zebra cakes now.

>if you use electronics you got botnetted
>if you step outside you got botnetted
>if you live you got botnetted
>botnet botnet botnet botnet BOTNET

this is how retarded (You) are. walmart is one of the largest companies in the world and has the largest logistics chain, yeah no shit they need a datacenter to run their shit smoothly. amazon has datacenters all over the world and they're only a fraction of the size

Did you even fucking read any of that?
Its not just a datacenter, its a whole facility for storing and analyzing all data that they can collect like purchase patterns and security camera footage of how people buy shit

There is no list it is all in my head, then i make random decisions based on events that happen in my life and alter them further with what happens on any specific day, and have no plan for when to buy food on a routine, it happens either when I run out of food or when I think I want something that I didn't buy last time, the items actually are consistent, but the pathway that I take to get to them and the order changes every time, sometimes I'll stand in one spot attempting to remember or think about something that I actually might want but then go off on another wild goose chase to get to the next item. Then there is usually an impulse buy that is not in the main display of things to be bought impulsively.

what the fuck else would a datacenter be used for. micro-analytics is already reality, deal with it

They analyze to the point of figuring out if it is profitable to continue analysis, and it usually always is.

uh-oh, so you mean to tell me that they will put the peanut butter in aisle four instead of aisle three now because they did an analysis on millions of purchase histories?
I'm SCARED.

Good goy

what if the thing analysing whether or not it's profitable to analyse is lying about its own profitability in an attempt to ensure its kept alive, and growing.
woah man
aliens or something.

>If you were for some reason dumb and connected to their wifi, all of your personal emails are now theirs and the botnet's
uh, what?

I'm wondering if you don't steal anything but somehow prevent other customers from reaching their predetermined profit margins if they will attempt to do something about it?

you cant get spied on on private property you fucking tard. UK has much worse in their public streets.

yea used to be true for like 10 years, not sure if it still is but probably

>you cant get spied on on private property
is this retard serious?
cause i find it seriously funny.

pretty tiny lil faggy DC DESU SENPAI

This isn't news, though the date stamps on your links tells us that.

If you use a credit card, they're using that to track your purchasing habits (not just the cc company, the retailer too).

If you have a device that is using wifi or bluetooth, they are using that to track how you move through the store.

These things have been public for ages, and it surprises me how many people don't know about it.

If you have a problem with these things, pay with cash and don't carry your phone into the shop. Fucking easy. Until computer vision is good enough to track people and the products they buy, anyway.

Personally, I have no problem. If coles want to track how often I buy fancy cheese and toilet paper, good on them.

additionally: perhaps they can use the foot traffic data to make shops less of a fucking pain in the arse to navigate.

I'm not the average shopper though, I don't buy things just because they put the milk & bread I came for at the back of the shop. I just want to get there, get my stuff, and get out quickly as possible.

>perhaps they can use the foot traffic data to make shops less of a fucking pain in the arse to navigate.
They won't.

You are just insane.
You can't do the things you think you can and there is no one doing the things you think they do.
We are not watching you. You are insane and should calm down. Have you visited a psychiatrist? I am sure that would help you.

Look at 5 things, listen to 4 things, touch 3 things, smell 2 things, taste 1 thing. Then look around your room finding items of a certain color. Ground yourself. Take your meds or go to a doctor to get them review.

Fellow schitzoanon

Stop giving him (you)s and just filter

Do they also track who sharts in their mart?

Yep "People of Walmart"

ANOTHER BOTNET PEOPLE

A, "literal," botnet would be compromised computers attacking other computers.

I don't give a fuck if the botnet sees me taking a shit on the floor. I fucking do this at all the local walmarts ever fucking week on the same day in thie bathrooms.

They seem to care more about a stolen pepsi than some nutjob like me shiting on tier floors for the past 3 years.

If their botnet is really so expansice, then why is Walmart THE go-to for shoplifting hoodlums, mart-sharters, and other things that nobody would get away with if their every move was being monitored.

OP and Walmart are fucking jokes, you seriously need help if you think a store notorious for poop in their aisles is fingerprinting you

Computers can't tell black people apart. I work with a very black guy from Africa, his windows surface pro thing won't recognize him if the light's not right.

You probably can't legally put cameras in bathrooms in your state.

It's easy as fuck to eat shit from Walmart. Literally walk around and eat any candies or sodas that you got from the cash register area.

This is big government, why isn't this illegal?

>he didn't link to an archived version of nytimes
breh...

Wiki says it has the storage capacity of 460 TB.

So that's like 1-2 server rack (server racks can hold 50-100 HDD each) with 50-100 2-5TB HDD.

Seems like wiki info is fake. my own calculation is it uses somewhere around 50 petabytes of data per year. Thats around 16,666 3TB HDD. Or around 333 server racks. This would make more sense given the size of it.

>walmart is government
>gathering data is illegal