/sbcg/ single board computer general

Just ordered my odroid c2 to replace the raspberry pi 2.

Comfy sbc thread?
Post your
>gear
>setup
>use cases
>questions

The installgentoo page needs some updating.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Single_board_computers

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.creatordev.io/t/debian-image-for-ci40/420/6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>BPi
>BPi + 640GB HDD + 4GB SD
>seedbox, file server, irc bouncer

ayo hol up

>smacks lips

>RPi2
>250GB HDD
>32GB SD
>Seedbox, NAS
I'd like to get a next RPi if it had USB3 in addition to wireless.

>rpi 2
>orangepi pc

Rpi2:
>kodi
>samba(nas)
>mailserver
>torrent daemon

Orangepi:
>couchpotato
>sickbeard
>torrent frontend
>mysql
>access point
>steam bot

I have a CHIP that collects dust in a drawer. I use a Thinkcentre M92P as a home server for an IRC bouncer, bitlbee, seedbox, and samba sharing. Too much power for what I use it for, but I got it for $130 and put 4TB of storage and 12GBs of RAM in it. Can't even hear it when it's on because it's always at idle.

>Orange Pi Zero
>OrangePi with a 128GB microSd card + 2TB HDD
>Seedbox, Owncloud, VPN

The Zero is so damn cute.

What do you use the zero for?

Those things i already mentioned, a vpn, personal cloud and as a seedbox with qbittorrent.

has anyone got a LattePanda? how is it and what do you use it for?

its got an intel 1.8ghz quad-core cpu
2 / 4 GB ddr3 ram
32 / 64 GB internal storage

I'd like a cluster of boards to run esxi

I don't even know where to begin looking

I'm finding conflicting information everywhere

VMware saying it won't run on arm, people in forums saying it does run on pis

VMware saying it will run on atom, people in forums saying it won't run on atoms

What the fuck

Is there anything better or cheaper than RPi 2 for kodi?

Also I am currently using a rpi3 as

>ftp server
>LAMP stack
>dlna server (minidlna)

Next steps will get a powered USB hub so I can attach a hdd rather than the flash drive I've got in there, set up ssh with keys rather than password like I have now, and maybe a vpn, but I'm not too keen on that because I keep my modem from being reachable by public addresses.

>couch potato
>sickbeard
>steam bot
What.

>he doesn't automate flick and animu torrents with couchpotato and sickbeard
>he doesn't have a bot that farms steam trading cards on multiple accounts

Lmao@you

For what purpose though?
1GB ram, or 2GB with some other boards will simply not cut it

is there any other alternatives/clones for teensys or arduinos with lots of analog ouputs?(i.e. 8-16)

Im building a midi controller and teensy 3.6 and even 3.2s are fucking expensive compared to my arduino clones from china.

What's a good use for a rasp pi? I already have an home server that runs various stuff and I emulate all the games I need on my pc. What are some cool project?

Is there a good SBC for productivity like Photoshop and Autodesk ? Or at least Photoshop

Write your own Forth in ARM assembler I guess

How do you make a steam bot? I assume that to get cards you have to run the game. How is that possible on a rpi?

How do you guys get multiple stuff running on your Pis? I have a rpi3 with openELEC for kodi, but also would like to get pihole or a vpn running. Can I just run everything on Raspian?

I've heard these get hot as fuck and are prone to shut down by itself, it needs some form of proper cooling

yes, all the other ones are are customized linux distros, you can get a general purpose one like raspbian and install whatever you like

Or you just tell the Steam network that you're running a game, that way you can do just fine without ever installing anything.
You don't even need the steamclient installed

Not him, but you just need something like Steamidler

I run all of these in a single Orange Pi Zero with Armbian so you should be able to in a raspi without issues.

Bpro from Lemaker + 4TB 2.5" over SATA + 8GB mSD

Rtorrent, znc and openvpn

Next system will be a proper build, most likely with a SoC though. But more RAM.

Openelec closes down everything, so you can't install anything else besides it.
Either run osmc, or use raspbian and install kodi yourself

How do you run qbittorrent on the zero? It runs very slow for me on my rpi 2 and what do you use for storage?

I use an apu2c4 from PC Engines.
Free has in freedom hardware, x86 quad core, 4gb ram, and coreboot

Got a Creator Ci40 and it says it can run Debian but I can't find a Debian image anywhere. Can anyone help me out?

Are you too dumb to build it yourself?
They literally have linux kernel sources on their github page.

Why would I build it myself if there's an image somewhere? I'd rather avoid having to bother.

Try googling maybe?
forum.creatordev.io/t/debian-image-for-ci40/420/6

Currently just a rpi3 running RetroPie with kodi. Once I get some free time I plan on creating a pi zero w mp3 player