Android vs. iOS?

Who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To pick a winner we need to inspect both operating systems in detail.

Because IOS is proprietary and closed-source it cannot be studied. Android wins by default.

both win

consumers lose

Android is partially OSS

This. Fuck Nokia to not support Meego and chose the shitfest from MS.

With Android we obviously mean AOSP.

Depends what you want. Android can sideload apps with a single click, iOS just werks and gets decently frequent security updates.

Personally I use an Android phone because of the easy sideloading and a particular hardware feature I'm anal about and Apple doesn't offer

Who cares?

retards like us

It's not even a competition really.

t. ex-touchgate 6+ owner

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

You can spout all the "lagdroid XDddd---" memes you want but Android phones truly are more advanced than itoddler phones and the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now.

STOP CALLING IT ANDROID

It's just Linux! Get over it, Goggleists!

you forgot this feature

Stop calling it orange, it's just fruit!

Keep these shitty threads contained to YouTube comment sections where pajeets and pedros can clash it out for products they'll never buy.

>buy chinkshit
>expect everything to be okay
Anyway it's still not as bad as the backdoors installed by apple in all iPhones.

>gimmicky stuffs
K

lolnope

enjoy your toddler phone you brain dead faggot

iOS if you leave your house and have actual contacts on your phone

You know those are race traitor sluts who have nigger babies, right?

Heh. Maybe I am a brain dead faggot, but hey at least I get pussy from blue bubbles™.

>wins
Not Sup Forums.

>over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now.
That's because poor people in china, india, indonesia and most of europe is saturated with lower cost international edition androids while only the US and is dominated by apple.

Just because it's a hole doesn't make it a pussy, fag. A men's asshole is still a men's asshole.

Any poorfag can afford a gayphone, your argument is invalid.

Android hardware is quite varied, so if we're going by that I think we should compare Nexus devices to iPhones. Nexus devices have better cameras, more/better ports, near infinite update support if you go with a custom OS, and the hardware is also fairly well documented since it's from Qualcomm, where as iPhones are proprietary blackboxes.

Software is a similar story. Android phones don't cuck you into one OS. You can get all different flavors of Android, or even go with a totally different OS like Firefox OS, Sailfish OS, or Ubuntu Touch. There's even Plasma Mobile. The bootloaders are also made by Qualcomm and pretty well documented. CarrierIQ is also not included in any firmware lower than the kernel, which can be easily replaced.

Android wins hands down. I used to love iOS until I discovered the freedom that Android gives you. It really is like a little PC in your pocket.

Also...
>have micro usb 16gb flash drive
>can store full system backups that are created in under 5 minutes
>keep flash drive in backpack
>will never be stuck with a non-working phone if I do something stupid
>feels good man
I have MultiROM as my recovery so I could even live boot an OS from the flash drive if I wanted to.

Oh come on nigger. Just because the CEO is a faggot doesn't mean everyone who uses the product is a faggot. I mean have you ever been to a college? Everyone uses iPhone. So your gay asshole joke > /dev/null
I ain't gay. Now tell me seriously do you fucking torrent on a phone? Can't you buy a cheap USB or don't you have a couple of them lying around for Linux live boot distro? Why do you need perfectly accurate color on phones? My display is quite good for me. Might as well join a CRT to your android. Most of your arguments about "android features" are just plain stupid. Download limit over mobile data in iOS is retarded though.

No but seriously, ever since they put a literal faggot in charge of apple, apple has LITERALLY become gay.

does pic related remind you of anything?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Android, is in fact, Android/Linux or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Android is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Linux kernel, syscalls and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called "Android", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux Foundation.

Τhere really is an Android, and these peοple are using it, but it is јust a part οf the system they use. Android is the interface: the prοgram in the system that interacts with the user and starts the οther prοgrams that yοu run. Τhe interface is an essential part οf an οperating system, but useless by itself; it can οnly functiοn in the cοntext οf a cοmplete οperating system. Android is nοrmally used in cοmbinatiοn with the Linux kernel: the whοle system is basically Linux with Android added, or Android/Linux. All the sο-called "Android" operating systems are really Android/Linux.

Yeah. They're being more and more retarded. I started hating apple since they removed headphones jack. I own an old macbook from ~2012. And 5s. I don't care any other products. Those two just werk as a pussy magnet. :^)

BB10OS

Apple or Google. 'Merica wins.

And also those thieving Chinese get to fight over the scraps for churning out garbage hardware.

>Those two just werk as a pussy magnet. :^)
You can make-believe all you want fag but at the end of the day you're sticking your peter up a man's ass no matter how much you pretend you're not.

>And also those thieving Chinese get to fight over the scraps for churning out garbage hardware.

America & Europe pays for R&D & marketing... the Chinks steal the designs and reap the profits.

What a great system they have going.

>And also those thieving Chinese get to fight over the scraps for churning out garbage hardware.
Sadly not true.

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

>America & Europe pays for R&D & marketing... the Chinks steal the designs and reap the profits.

GoPro. Dying.
FitBit. Dying.
Any US made android phone. Dead.

It's like all the white people just decided to fucking work for the chinks.

>be CEO of a multi billion dollar company
>see this retarded fan art
>teeth on an apple
>teeth on a robot
>no amount of money can prevent dying a little inside

>Who wins?
The jews

Does iOS have a Sup Forums client?

As a transfemanonvegan, I absolutely agree with everything you said here - but Android's superiority as an OS isn't why it dominates the market. It dominates the market because the phones from some manufacturers are cheaper. That's it senpai.

nope, poorfags have been buying $600+ Android phones on contracts, leases, loans, credit, ect

Apple and Android is like Intel and Amd. Android is cheap and has less performance but lower price and most people use it so they defend it. If you care about speed go to Apple they have the fastest phone in the world

see Also ryzen has been out for a while