C# apperication thread

DESU c# isnt that bad, its almost like im just using c++ really

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LazoCoder/Windows-Hacks/blob/master/WindowsHacks/OtherFunctions.cs
udemy.com/unitycourse/learn/v4/overview
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_C_Sharp_and_Java
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a big chunk of bait, lads.

Who asked for all these performance hindering abstractions?

>its almost like im just using c++
kek

>almost like im just using c++

I haven't used C# since 2010, but I unironically think C# is the best language for projects where performance isn't critical, like desktop or web applications. I like how it actually evolves over time and I like the open source/core.net thing.

It's a good language to toy around with.

>its almost like im just using c++ really
then use c++

It's really nice although i don't understand why class can't inherit from multiple classes while it can from multiple interfaces

Poo in the loo

Really? D is fuckton more efficient and I'm thinking twice before starting my large scale desktop project. And you are saying C# is good for desktops?

Thanks for giving me some hopes.

Except for the fact that it used in plenty of performance-critical scenarios.

Inheriting from a class is just that: inheriting. Your new class is a child of the parent class. Implementing an interface is about contracts. It lets you basically say "I guarantee that this class will have these methods available for invocation" to anything that uses it.

Sorry, but we are talking about serious programming languages.
>And you are saying C# is good for desktops?
WinForms/WPF are still the best GUI frameworks out there. And with Xamarin you can use it for phone apps.

Serious programming languages aren't rebranded Java

I'm sorry but this isn't 2001 anymore. C# has been stealing ideas from anywhere except Java, mostly there is nothing to steal.

So re-branded Java it is.

I hear ya. It's a shame Microsoft's Longhorn-era ambitions to have the GUI redone in WPF never bore fruit.

Only if you consider Windows 10 rebranded Windows 3.0.

The Windows GUI, I mean.

Windows 10 is windows vista with a flat theme

Back up that claim with a single piece of evidence.

Oh wait, you were just being a clever little memester. Disregard and carry on.

How exactly do Windows 7 and 8.1 differ from Windows 10? This is yet another largely unfounded claim from the Microsoft fanboys. DirectX 12? There are still no games which are exclusive to this graphics API (as of July 2016). 99% of the games which are being published at the moment will be DirectX 9/11 games, so your Windows 7/8.1 system will perfectly run them. Unfortunately some new games will require Windows 10 but those are Microsoft sponsored titles created to push Windows 10. Edit: Quantum Break was released on Steam on 08.10.2016 and now it only requires Windows 7/D3D11. There's a slight chance that Vulkan will become more popular but so far that hasn't been the case. Vulkan is supported on all modern operating systems.

Obligatory

And an additional, and crappier, software API, (WinRT,) alongside the traditional API, (Win32.)

Man, I really wish they somehow made the whole idea of replacing Win32 with WinFX, (which eventually became .NET 3.0 after it was no longer planned to be integrated into Windows,) work like they planned it to. I'm guessing it would've been a lot better than what we have now...

When will MS merge their >NET and .NET Core frameworks into one standard library?

That shit will be dope

Never! It's better to have the choice.

what choice exactly?

I like C# because it's clean as fuck for English/Latin people.
github.com/LazoCoder/Windows-Hacks/blob/master/WindowsHacks/OtherFunctions.cs

All the other shits like python, ruby, javascript, cpp and so on look so cryptic. It's like you are an Arab reading Russian text.

- Old shits from the past
- New shits. . .

The base is still stolen java

You have no idea what you're talking about

EF and LINQ is pretty handy if efficiency is not the main concern.

POO

Yeah.. nah..

>strings are immutable
>every lib that ships with .NET is abstracted for every possible application making it do 50 unnecessary checks, so you have to PInvoke WinApi because you arent a braindead fuck
>exceptions are thrown for everything, they cost around 150k cycles
>exceptions are thrown if HttpWebRequest doesnt respond with 200 OK HttpResponseCode
>Every time you access an array there is a check on indexer for out of range exception
>Every time you call an interface there is a check for object reference

Let's face it, C# is the language for retards.

Does D have classes?

and a botnet

Windows 10 doesn't let you have the classic style taskbar

>>strings are immutable
Same with Java. It helps with optimization.

>>Every time you access an array there is a check on indexer for out of range exception
So you like segfaults?

>implying a programming language even retards can use isn't the pinnacle of programming languages

modern c# isn't bad - linq, rx, and the jitter are awesome - its just muh backwards compatibility that makes c# suck
you can keep binary compatibility while throwing out old shitty language level stuff

C# isn't anywhere close to be like C++.
C# is easier to learn imo and it's easier to do things with it, but it won't give you all the things C++ can do.

C# is beauty for windows infested corp. Crushes soul at slower rate than Java & has best IDE. Great lang for programmer farms.

Can there ever be anything better than C#?

C# is only useful for that gaymen unity shit. I don't get that. I can't stand not knowing what's going on under the hood. Even OpenGL has a bit too much abstraction for my taste.

You can do almost bare metal with C#.

Give me an IDE for it that doesn't make me want to commit hayaku, then we'll talk.

You can use the cli compiler and point it to a text file that you write in some other program. You can do away without Visual Studio.
There's also Visual Studio Code. A lightweight alternative.

>runs on a web browser engine
>lightweight

Relatively to Visual Studio :^)

I'm trying to learn C# after coming from a month or two of Lua

Anyone have any courses to recommend? Currently running through this udemy.com/unitycourse/learn/v4/overview (course was on sale for $15).

In a few years I would like to get a remote coding job so I never have to leave the house or make my own games

Thanks for the help Sup Forums

C# is my first "real" language I learned, so naturally I'm inclined to believe it's the best.

It's flexible and I can easily get shit fucking done.
Not too low level where I'd shoot myself in the foot(C++), yet not too high level where critical components are abstracted from me(Python)

would like to know to, as this guy pointed out, it's for retards, and I'm a retard so please.

Course looks ok. Really, any course should be sufficient to start. Just don't divide your time to multiple courses.
Programming demand focus and you really need serious focus to understand difficult things. Try to develop this skill while you do your course.

Helpful advice, thanks user.

I found Lua scripting to be really fun but ofc that's not an employable skill. I plan to run through this whole course to learn C# and take notes much like my last project writing game mods that was done just to learn Lua.

C# is good for a mainstream language (Java just can't compete) but I wouldn't choose it over F# unless forced. This bastard child of C# and OCaml is just too good. ML-style functional programing and real pattern matching and an abundance of actual fucking maintained libraries, which OCaml lacks, make for a killer combination.

C# is probably good choice for employment. MS vendor-locked lots of people in .NET. It will exist for loooong time.

btw C# is very similar to Powershell so you almost get that skill for free.

I'm learning C# and C++ simultaniosly. Is that a bad idea?

C# > Java

That's excellent, I usually hang out in /adg/ or /dpt/ and it sounds like C# should help me get comfortable with Java as well (should I decide to learn it later). I don't want to stretch myself too thin but it sounds like Java is another go-to for employment.

I have a good non coding job to pay the bills but eventually I would like to switch to something I enjoy (which would likely require C# or another mainstream language but I have a few years at my disposal to get employable level skills).

Yes. C# can help with Java. Java can help with C#. It's the same approach to programming, tooling, environment, libraries.

But there are many differences ofc.. If you want see how many just look there: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_C_Sharp_and_Java

By the way, anyone know where I can codemonkey it up for quick cash which isn't infested by hundreds of Pajeets willing to do it for cents?

at least its better than java

slower*