Apple found guilty of Russian price-fixing

bbc.com/news/technology-39278832

Wat

>In May, the FAS found that Google used its dominant position to force its own apps and services on users and fined it £5m ($6m).

>And, in November, the regulator opened an investigation into whether Microsoft abused its position in the security market with Windows 10, following a complaint from Moscow-based anti-virus firm Kaspersky.

they are just trying to fuck with american companies. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Yes, yes, move along, nothing to see, nothing to see

>Apple
Oh wow, what a surprise.

fuck off russian shill

>muh murican company
>designed by poos
>made by krauts
>assembled by chinks
Nice.

user, i hope you understand that russian government and russian people think in completely different ways?
Russian government sucks. They think only about money, not about people.
Don't hate russians, they are good sometimes.

>American company that doesn't respect its users freedom is also against a free market
>Evil dictator Putin fights against it while Americans themselves have legalized their practices
Яeally makes you think

Apple makes apple phones, they set they prices.
Tons of companies make android phones, so the prices are everywhere.

>they are just trying to fuck with american companies
If that was true, the fines would amount to more than just petty cash. 6 million dollars is literally nothing to a company like google.

>company isn't allowed to set the price of their goods

Not that I'm a fan of the fat corrupt fucks in the government, but seriously fuck Apple for selling their shit $200-800 higher compared to America.

Why SHOULD they be allowed to determine the prices OTHER companies charge for any products at all, regardless of who manufactures those products?

>company isn't allowed to collude with retailers to keep the prices artificially high and prevent competition
Huh?

fuck off russian shill [2]

>what is MSRP
>Apple isn't allowed to choose who they work with

The Communist party is alive and well in Russia, I see.

Are rubles still worth anything right now?

Cheapest toilet paper in town.

>Apple should be allowed to blackmail their partners into forcing them to maintain a certain price to boost Apple profits or leave their customers with a second-class service instead of letting the free market do the job
You're the commie, femme

Lay off your vodka, Ivan.

I thought Zimbabwe held that title.

The free market was doing the job.

And then the state intervened because Russians couldn't afford an iPhone and their daily krokodil supply.

this is how it works
company sells goods to retailer
retailer sells goods to customer with an increased price

the company should have no say in regards of the endprice if they want more shekels then they are to sell it for more shekels
not underhandedly tell retailers to change the price

List price is a thing the world over.

yes? what i said is true nontheless

This happens literally all the time in retail US. It's called MAP (minimum advertised price) and MRP (minimum retail price). Lots of companies establish price structures that "fix prices" like this.

There are multiple reasons for doing it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it isn't conspiratorial or anything.

And russia holds North Zimbabwe title.

In your head, maybe.

It's not how the world operates outside of butthurt Russians shaking down companies.

Fuck Russia and fuck their federal regulators